Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

Ayayayahuasca
370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

This was nice, I like how she managed to save her without doing anything crazy or insane
Also looking forward to more gayness between Akira and Satsuki

joined Mar 24, 2021

Sooooo… new ship?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

The resolution to this arc was a bit of a letdown. It felt like all the abuse was swept under the rug, like, "Now that i got what i wanted, I guess I don't have to literally work you to death anymore. For now.". Someone like the mom doesn't just change like that.
But I'm sure this will come up again and only escalate further.

joined May 29, 2021

So....is there NOT going to be beach episode since Satsuki failed?

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

The resolution to this arc was a bit of a letdown. It felt like all the abuse was swept under the rug, like, "Now that i got what i wanted, I guess I don't have to literally work you to death anymore. For now.". Someone like the mom doesn't just change like that.

yeah, i'm just trusting that the author doesn't consider this 'resolution' or whatever.

to remind anyone, in the first class prez arc the mother literally told her it was fine that she attempted suicide when she got a lower-than-expected grade.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Author said no summer arc for you.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Author said no summer arc for you.

We'll probably get some cutaways to rub it in Satsuki's face while she takes makeup classes with whoever else failed. (Will bug girl finally get to shine?)

wishforasunnyday
joined Nov 13, 2021

You right. The turnaround is not reasonable at all. Anyway, I'm not interested in Class prez's relationiship with her mother. All I care about is how she gets along with our best girl Minazuki.

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

This mini-arc had a kind of funny PSA feeling to it. Like the volume 2 extra where Satsuki lectures Akira on medication. The resolution might be so peaceful it's unsettling, but I doubt Ryouko considers this subplot done. And it's welcome after Miho's 3rd death and Sensei's 1st death were very long, dramatic issues.

Though there's 2 trends I'm noticing: Every 15 chapters, there's a fun little arc. Akira sleeping over at Satsuki's house, then the library study session, now this. And every chapter ending in 8—at the end of a volume—there's a big bombshell. One of those mini-arcs had Akira and Satsuki's big fight right after, and the other had Komachi lose it in the bathroom.

So personally, I'm a little scared of chapter 48.

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Haha, no Satsuki on swimsuit to anyone

joined Sep 10, 2021

Good grief, it's quite new to see Satsuki just accidentally prevented someone death. It means she doesn't just intervene in people's lives but helps to improve them

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Good grief, it's quite new to see Satsuki just accidentally prevented someone death. It means she doesn't just intervene in people's lives but helps to improve them

It wasn't so much an accident (unless the can slipping out of the bag counts) but rather this was a case where she didn't need a smoking corpse hologram to tell her someone was heading down a bad path.

joined May 1, 2013

Sooooo… new ship?

Shiina / class rep?

I did appreciate Shiina's attempt to make that guided meditation as sexy as possible, for absolutely no practical reason.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Prez be like:
*in a fake mickey mouse voice* "oh boy, here I go Killin' again, ha ha!"

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

you know while I can certainly agree with Satsuki's no killing policy, what if you just break the Prez' arm what would he do then huh. Like he won't die sure but like put the fear of god in him see if he keeps this shit up then. haha

Y9i7untz_400x400
joined Oct 22, 2021

Prez got punched into a river, picked up and had a hand in his mouth and this he is STILL talking shit, I guess it's a true testament to his devotion to his cause

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I suspect there’s going to be some twist like, Seo doesn’t actually have amnesia or something. Kai is still a monster though, this arc might be a little hard to read cause he makes me genuinely nauseous

last edited at Jun 1, 2022 4:43PM

Well I can see that the president & the vice president are still being judged & executioner.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I feel like what I find most infuriating about the president, perhaps even more so than his gross life theories that other people have already discussed, is actually his face. This author really has a knack for drawing gross expressions on gross characters, don't they? And you know, I don't really mind it when he has this sort of murderous expression, but this makes me want to punch him so hard!

(He reminded me of the fish fella from Walk to Death, still can't get over his nauseating face either...)

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

you know while I can certainly agree with Satsuki's no killing policy, what if you just break the Prez' arm what would he do then huh. Like he won't die sure but like put the fear of god in him see if he keeps this shit up then. haha

Lets say she does that, then what? You forget the prez reputation and satsuki reputation are like day and night, he would just go "satsuki harmed me without reason" and she would get expelled, leaving the prez free to do what he wants in the school

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

omg i wish i could punch the prez right now

Golden Mertens
Fr7bgrpvcaamcjc%20(1)%20(1)-1%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Jul 9, 2021

On a side note, SATSUKI'S HAREM JUST KEEP GROWING, now there's Seo-San apparently

wishforasunnyday
joined Nov 13, 2021

I have a feeling the prez was right about Seo. Seo looks like playing with Satsuki and cheating.

joined Sep 11, 2019

I don't think we explored too in depth with Seo's character but hey. This might be something.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Prez-focused arcs are like "what if Light Yagami had a rival at school with her own Death Note?"

To reply you must either login or sign up.