Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Accidental Prince lol

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Accidental Prince lol

Mitsuki's character arc summed up to a tee

joined Mar 21, 2017

I think she's going to figure it out sometime soon.

Also i love the little AC/DC and Rolling Stones posters, she's definitely what I'd call an overall alt girl.

last edited at May 29, 2022 7:40PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

so she applies and then removes nail polish every single day she has a shift? thats absolute murder on your nails and also a huge waste of time lmao

Probably works weekends. More plausible time progression. So nice to get regular updates for this manga… thanks, uploaders!

joined Sep 6, 2018

Accidental Prince lol

I’d think Mitsuki wouldn’t mind the nickname, for it’s an homage to the artist formerly named Prince (in more ways than one).

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Accidental Prince lol

I’d think Mitsuki wouldn’t mind the nickname, for it’s an homage to the artist formerly named Prince (in more ways than one).

She's an alt girl with social anxiety, I forgive her if she doesn't like the nickname

last edited at May 29, 2022 9:03PM

joined Sep 1, 2021

Accidental Prince lol

The lesbian formerly known as Prince.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

A couple of things on Aya figuring out Mitsuki's identity: First, I think Mitsuki's had her hood up, and a mask on, every time Aya's seen her at the store. It seems like that combo hides her ears pretty effectively, so she may not have seen the piercings.

Second, this is actually the second time she's gotten a flash of Mitsuki's store clerk identity while at school; the first time was in chapter 3, when Mitsuki decided to be an absolute player while giving Aya back her earphone. ... she has a bad habit of doing that. It's also worth noting that both times, her recognition seemed focused on Mitsuki's eye's.

Personally, my bet is that Aya will figure out what's going on fairly quickly, possibly after seeing Mitsuki at school with her glasses off, assuming the later doesn't work up the courage to just tell her first.

Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but while going back to double check things, Ch.3 Pg.2 stood out to me. At the top of the page, we get a closeup panel of Mitsuki's eye next to a close up of Aya's, very long nails. Then, at the bottom of the page and directly aligned with Aya's nails, we get another panel that shows a close up of Mitsuki's well trimmed nails.

Finally, speaking of nails, could Mitsuki be using some type of temporary nail polish that doesn't require harsh chemicals to remove?

last edited at May 29, 2022 9:43PM

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

RPPuzzle
May 29, 2022 7:42AM
Waiting for this manga is hard, but it makes life worth living.

I look forward to this manga series every week and once I finish reading it. Life does feel like it’s worth living,,, and amongst other things haha

BortzObsessed
8abdf478-6a82-44b1-8f02-abaa8c9ba316
joined May 20, 2022

This makes me want to reread Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Finally, speaking of nails, could Mitsuki be using some type of temporary nail polish that doesn't require harsh chemicals to remove?

DO THESE EXIST??????? If they do, I need those.

joined Oct 21, 2013

The Lesbian Currently Known as Prince

joined Mar 21, 2017

Peelable nail polish exists and apparently some say they're better for your nails.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Peelable nail polish exists and apparently some say they're better for your nails.

What’s the difference between these and fake nails?? (in terms of practicality) nevermind, found a video: https://youtu.be/GZJjYAhSTcQ
it’s practical af and now i want some

Well, regardless, Mitsuki should go for these unless she wants her nails to fall off. Without nails Aya will find out she’s the same person lol

last edited at May 30, 2022 12:09AM

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

stocxt posted:

calling it now, the tattoo on her wrist is what will give her away. or it'll cause a misunderstanding where Aya thinks she's dating her male self and they have matching tattoos

She's already getting the sense that they have the same air/look alike so perhaps she would think they're siblings instead.... but it would be pretty bad imo if she's like "Can I see your brother?!" and it turns into a really big and complicated lie with no end in sight

I always disliked the "oh they must be siblings" gimmick... it's completely unrealistic. If you see someone who looks just like a person you know in drag/disguise, "it must be that person in drag/disguise" is the first thing anyone would think.

Even in Don Gil de las Calzas Verdes, which is from 1615, when Doña Juana has no choice but to appear in society as a woman, Doña Inés and Doña Clara immediately start suspecting that Don Gil (the bewitching man they've both fallen in love with) was actually always Doña Juana in a man's guise... and they're 100% right, lol. It was already considered an obvious reaction centuries ago!

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

yo Prince! do your best!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You know, in the real world, once she finds out it's a female classmate, Aya would eventually just befriend her and drop the idea of a romantic encounter right?

There's no indication that either Aya or Mitsuki are romantically intereted in women. They just seem to have similar taste in music.

But it's a manga, so, sure, anyone can suddenly have an epiphany and be "if it's you, it's OK".

joined Aug 21, 2017

She can't keep getting away with it!

joined Sep 1, 2021

You know, in the real world, once she finds out it's a female classmate, Aya would eventually just befriend her and drop the idea of a romantic encounter right?

There's no indication that either Aya or Mitsuki are romantically intereted in women. They just seem to have similar taste in music.

But it's a manga, so, sure, anyone can suddenly have an epiphany and be "if it's you, it's OK".

I dunno, Mitsuki's subconcious flirting could just be social awkwardness, but it could also signal some degree of receptiveness. The only problem is that being receptive doesn't necessarily mean she's gay, she could just kinda like a cute and pretty girl finding her hot. Bit of an ego boost, that.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

What age are they? They are 2nd grade of either junior or senior high, so 13 or 16? If 13, could be the reason why the male voice isn't yet a concern. If 16, then ignoring the voice could hint that Aya might well be into girls, even if unconscious or in denial. The reason Mitsuki keeps on acting instead of clearing the misunderstanding, kinda also hints that she might be into girls herself.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What age are they? They are 2nd grade of either junior or senior high, so 13 or 16? If 13, could be the reason why the male voice isn't yet a concern. If 16, then ignoring the voice could hint that Aya might well be into girls, even if unconscious or in denial. The reason Mitsuki keeps on acting instead of clearing the misunderstanding, kinda also hints that she might be into girls herself.

I don't think they're 13, don't even know how you can come to that conclusion.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

takachi posted:

They are not that young. Mitsuki has a part time job, which means she's over 15, as per Japanese law.

Ie, they're highschoolers.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Or they can not have a sudden epiphany and be openly gay or bi. Most manga do that "it's just you" bullshit with the "I like you despite your gender" vibe, instead of admitting the character is gay, but come the fuck on, even if it was a situation in realf life bi people still exist. Just because Aya is interested in who she percieves to be a guy doesn't mean she clearly isn't possibly into women. Mitsuki is presented as a gloomy kid in school, Aya showed 'interest' in her when she reminded her of her store persona, but that's not through "oh that girl looks like a guy" but the attitude and actions.

last edited at May 30, 2022 8:36AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

They are in their second year of high school, so they are 16-17 yo.
I totally agree with revkar, bisexuals are real.
And also I don’t get why we’re talking abt that… Stories about finding one’s sexuality are so commonplace that “oh but irl she would forget the idea of romance once she finds out it’s a girl” is kind of a weird thing to say. We already know how it plays out because we have seen it in fiction soooo many times.

First things first nothing in Mitsuki’s store persona can be considered 100% male characteristics. There isn’t anything exclusively male in that “guy” that attracts Aya. I don’t want to try and point out what that would be, cuz I have NO IDEA lol Style is style and it has nothing to do with the person’s gender (gender itself isn’t binary so…). Aya is falling for the store clerk’s a.k.a Mitsuki’s personality. About things beyond gender. Once she finds out it’s Mitsuki, she’ll question herself indeed. It will be troublesome to her at first.

The thing here is that we need to remember that romantic attraction is not sexual attraction. Despite never being interested in girls in a sexual way, developing romantic feelings for another girl is not unrealistic for one who assumed she was straight this whole time. Besides, once they understand that they are interested in each other in a romantic way, they’ll start questioning if it’s sexual too (although i don’t think Sensei will go that far and give us a “do I wanna hook up with her?” because Aya’s love for the store guy seems to be so pure she’s not even thinking about it and there isn’t any hint that she will LOL).

So, all in all, what is going on is completely normal and I totally think Mitsuki acting smooth by accident and Aya blushing whenever Mitsuki does something prince-like is just a hint that subconsciously they already are attracted to each other.

People can find out they are gay/bi by stuff like that. Going into something thinking “i’m straight so this is definitely not romantic/sexual” and then going like OH NO once they find out they are into whatever is going on. That’s Mitsuki’s case. She’s too much of a coward to turn down Aya as the store clerk (and maybe deep inside she does not want because it’s a cute girl who’s also into music… imo that’s already enough to start flirting), so she’ll keep interacting to her and having these awkward “why am I flirting” moments until it hits her that she’s flirting cuz she’s interested.
Aya’s character will either also develop feelings for school Mitsuki or go through the road every story about this stuff goes: realising it’s beyond gender after the initial shock.

last edited at May 30, 2022 9:06AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.