Forum › A Story about a Very Lonely Female CEO who Falls for a Lesbian Prostitute in Seconds discussion

joined Mar 23, 2022

well well well, she is going to be the next secretary, I'm hoping next time they'll meet it is gonna be on her office.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Aug 21, 2017

The author really just didn't fill in an entire speech bubble in order to construct a cliffhanger before the actual end of the chapter, huh?

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

My guess is that Mikami-san is planning to make Nao become the next secretary.

Yeah. I'm pretty much expecting the first panel of the next chapter to have her go "... and come work under president Amano!"

I'm okay with this development, especially if the bait goes the way I expect it to. Props to Ms. Secretary on the initiative, too.

Eeeeeh, I wouldn’t want a secretary with no experience as a CEO/president of a large company. It’s tough work and requires a lot of time management and organization. Not something you just throw somebody into. Not to mention if it’s someone your involved with. I’m hoping she’s asking her to quit so Amano can ask her out properly.

I mean, in real life, absolutely. But in-universe Amano was shown to easily handle the job of a thousand people, or some exaggeration like that, and with no secretary in sight as well. Her only issue was shown to be motivation and/or I guess loneliness, so two issues, both of which are wholly fulfilled by the hopeful new hire. She'd be more of a constant mood +100 buff to the already capable president than an actual secretary. At least that's how it clicked in my head.

That said the bait has not unfolded beat-for-beat the way I expected it to, so we'll see where things go. Kind of stretching it here, I'll be honest.

For the record, I wouldn't mind if it unfolded the way you'd hoped either.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That was just incredibly cheap and lazy.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Hmm... I sympathise with the author's desire to retain some narrative tension and intrigue about the situation, and not show the characters literally telling us how the story is going to end, but arbitrarily deleting a speech bubble was a little clunky. Perhaps it would've been better to cut away from their meeting at some point before Noa's misunderstanding was cleared up, and only show the result of Amano finding out she's suddenly leaving the brothel? Then we could flash back to the meeting again when it's time to resolve the tension and find out what exactly Noa agreed to.

last edited at May 22, 2022 5:14AM

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

that is a really cute rabbit tho. hard to refuse the offer

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

I don't understand why everyone thinks she's going to replace the secretary. If she's getting a job at all it'll either be as a live-in maid or an assistant of some kind

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The author really just didn't fill in an entire speech bubble in order to construct a cliffhanger before the actual end of the chapter, huh?

I do think it would be a bit better to just skip that part, but in general I think it's a good idea, since why should the readers learn about the outcome twice when we can just do it once (so whenever the president learns about this).

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, the idea in itself isn't so bad, just poorly executed. A cut to another scene at this point would have left things just as "mysterious" in a more natural way. Or at least have the secretary whisper in her ear to explain why we couldn't ear it.

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

would they just burst into flames if they feckin talked for once?!

joined Apr 14, 2022

I like this manga, but this might be one of the worst manga chapters I've ever read. It wasn't just the lazily constructed cliffhanger at the end by obscuring a text bubble - from the very start of the chapter, she demanded twice that Noa quit, without providing any context or reasoning whatsoever. That's... that's not how adults communicate, and certainly not a professional secretary. In other words, the entire chapter was constructed to be an arbitrary cliffhanger, from start to finish. What's the point of the chapter if, from the very start, you're delaying the thing that the chapter was meant to address? It was basically just filler, and if we were going to get filler, I would have rather we just cut, unprompted, to an entire chapter about that bunny than... whatever this was.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Woooo here comes the contrivance that convinces the sex worker to give up her stable income for a thin promise because obviously sex workers are undateable and we as readers couldn't bear to see an adult protagonist choose to enter a lasting relationship with such a person.

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

Woooo here comes the contrivance that convinces the sex worker to give up her stable income for a thin promise because obviously sex workers are undateable and we as readers couldn't bear to see an adult protagonist choose to enter a lasting relationship with such a person.

You've been hurt before, haven't you?

joined Jan 3, 2015

Why not the prostitution tag?

joined Apr 14, 2022

I'm not sure I would call that a contrivance. That's just like... normal? It's fine if you like polyamory, but you can't really be trying to shun people for being monogamous, can you? Nobody is obligated to date somebody who has sex with other people

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

^ nobody is obligated to date anybody, but if your sole reason to not be with someone is that they’re a sexworker? That does seem pretty bigoted, yes.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Damn monogamy is bigoted now? didn't realise I was a piece of shit

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

^ but dating a sexworker is still monogamous??? They have sex with other people as part of their job, but they’re not dating anyone else. There’s no emotional connection as part of it, it’s literally just work. If you think someone’s job qualifies as cheating on you, that seems pretty insecure in my opinion.

joined Apr 14, 2022

Sex is literally the most special, intimate thing you can do with someone. It seems like fantasy to pretend that it can be equated to something as mundane as flipping burgers, and I say this as a former chaturbate model. I know that's not exactly the same kind of sex work, but even when it was my job to masturbate for people I absolutely got off on it. And that was despite hating doing it for work, being told what to do by entitled freeloaders and listening to gross sexist men, etc. I mean, this very story reinforces this fact fully: the entire relationship is formed between a sex worker and a client entirely while she's on the job. And yet it would be bigoted for the CEO to not want to date a sex worker who falls in love with the people she's having sex with, if she kept doing it?

And even if you really did manage to not have any feelings about having sex whatsoever, I'd expect that it would vastly decrease the specialness of doing it with your partner as well. I can't imagine wanting to do sex work while in a relationship. There's a point, I think, where excessive sex-positivity can harm your own enjoyment of sex. If you start thinking of sex as an entirely physical affair, that it's fine to just do it as casually as you want because it feels good so why not, you devalue what it really means emotionally, and in doing so decrease the degree of intimacy obtained from doing it with a partner. Maybe this doesn't apply to everyone, each person is their own individual, but that's exactly why you can't coat the whole world with this universal standard that everyone must be okay with themselves/their partners having casual sex inside a relationship while calling people bigots for disagreeing.

Lastly, supposing everything I just said was wrong and you were 100% right, even then, saying that having insecurities = being bigoted is lunacy. People are allowed to have insecurities, and to try to find a partner with boundaries that are compatible with theirs.

last edited at May 25, 2022 9:40PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

hum no ? It's because the secretary know that the prostitute is a good presence for the CEO and since she is leaving her job then she ask her to take her place so they can be together more often. You're digging too deep.

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

yessssss! This seems to be going in the right direction,cant wait for the next chapter

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Don't quit before any agreement is reached! You are putting yourself in a risky situation and youre putting a lot of guilt on the other party

And no it's not romantic unless it's practically already decided

KokoKagamihara
Download20210305131100
joined Mar 10, 2020

Ugh such a cop-out with not seeing the full conversation between the two. Sure we'll find out eventually but as a narrative device it just feels lacking.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I guess a cute rabbit couldn't save this chapter from getting flamed

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

When does the next chapter come out? This last one felt too short and… underwhelming ? (even tho the plot advanced A LOT with just one blank speech bubble)

To reply you must either login or sign up.