Forum › Citrus + discussion

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

YES this is it folks this is exactly what citrus needed the most, finally the real protagonists of citrus enter the scene. Before this chapter i was getting kinda bored, but now i'm hyped AF

last edited at May 21, 2022 4:50PM

Another month with no developement of the important relationships. Will be months before this arc will be done. Not interesting anymore. Im done.

Goodbye don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

This would actually be a great chapter, If I actually gave a damn about these two.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I have no clue who these characters are, ha-ha. ....hah. (._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.)

last edited at May 21, 2022 7:29PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Had to do a bit of memory spelunking based on the context given in text to remember literally who these two are, and they're already being more interesting than Mei and Yuzu have been in years anyway.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

OH I remember them now

joined May 29, 2021

Count me in the "I have no idea who these two are" camp. Weren't we supposed to be developing Harumin and Matsuri now?

Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

Another month with no developement of the important relationships. Will be months before this arc will be done. Not interesting anymore. Im done.

Fornicate with yourself.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

As an avid defender of Citrus+, and someone who still enjoys the earlier chapters (like Mei declaring her love for Yuzu to the school board, or her fussing over losing the ring), I gotta concur with y’all that these last few arcs have been a slog. It honestly feels like Saburouta doesn’t know what to do with the story anymore, which is a shame considering I’m constantly seeing fanfics infinitely more interesting than each new monthly (sometimes) update.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Maybe they know exactly what to do, but getting there (the 2 sweet situations we all want) would mean the end, and this is probably still selling pretty well so they won't give it to us unless it's the final volume.

I feel like that with Living with My Brother's Wife... Even with 2 more (or 3?) serialized ongoing series, the author has absolutely no intention of finishing any time soon apparently.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

It honestly feels like Saburouta doesn’t know what to do with the story anymore

I think I partially disagree. I actually feel as though the last several chapters have been very thematically consistent: there's a big overarching theme going on right now about "what am I going to do with my future after high school?" It seems to me that Saburouta knows what she wants to do with the story; the question is whether or not she's going about it in the right way.

I agree that progress has been pretty slow, and this chapter did feel like a bit of an unnecessary detour. I've personally been waiting for more HaruMatsu, but that seems a long way off right now. I'm just trusting Sabu's judgment for now and hoping that everything falls into place soon.

joined Nov 22, 2019

...are we supposed to know these people...?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Saburouta has taught me not to trust Saburouta’s judgement about anything.

I think I partially disagree. I actually feel as though the last several chapters have been very thematically consistent: there's a big overarching theme going on right now about "what am I going to do with my future after high school?" It seems to me that Saburouta knows what she wants to do with the story; the question is whether or not she's going about it in the right way.

I agree that progress has been pretty slow, and this chapter did feel like a bit of an unnecessary detour. I've personally been waiting for more HaruMatsu, but that seems a long way off right now. I'm just trusting Sabu's judgment for now and hoping that everything falls into place soon.

At least someone understands.

joined Jan 14, 2020

As an avid defender of Citrus+, and someone who still enjoys the earlier chapters (like Mei declaring her love for Yuzu to the school board, or her fussing over losing the ring), I gotta concur with y’all that these last few arcs have been a slog. It honestly feels like Saburouta doesn’t know what to do with the story anymore, which is a shame considering I’m constantly seeing fanfics infinitely more interesting than each new monthly (sometimes) update.

Share!

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Fornicate with yourself.

Using my amazing deduction skills, I believe this means: "Go fuck yourself".

last edited at May 22, 2022 1:27AM

joined May 13, 2021

What happened to this series bruh. We barely even see the 2 main characters anymore I stg

last edited at May 22, 2022 10:12AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

When is the arc about the background characters from the Nina & Sara-school-trip sequence?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I mean, considering how it was already pointed out the last time that these two were at the wedding, I don't really get why so many people are surprised that we're getting an arc about them making up with Yuzu - and coming to accept her sexuality.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, considering how it was already pointed out the last time that these two were at the wedding, I don't really get why so many people are surprised that we're getting an arc about them making up with Yuzu - and coming to accept her sexuality.

Oh, come on—there are so many unresolved issues concerning the main group of characters still hanging fire after dozens of chapters, but we need to go off on a tangent about the most obscure named characters in either series?

I mean, this is an author who disposed of the fully developed complex central conflicts of the original series in a handful of wordless single panels. How Yuzu got back on speaking terms with her semi-asshole middle-school friends is hardly a burning question.

Fornicate with yourself.

Using my amazing deduction skills, I believe this means: "Go fuck yourself".

I know that hes just trying to mock my intelligence by using big fancy words, & honestly I don't really care., I'm just here to enjoy a good read.

last edited at May 22, 2022 12:08PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

When is the arc about the background characters from the Nina & Sara-school-trip sequence?

Now that you mention it, what happened to Sara and Nina? Did they ended up together?
Correct me if i'm wrong but i have a vague memory of Nina confessing to Sara, leaving the answer in the air and then it was never mention again

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, come on—there are so many unresolved issues concerning the main group of characters still hanging fire after dozens of chapters, but we need to go off on a tangent about the most obscure named characters in either series?

I mean, this is an author who disposed of the fully developed complex central conflicts of the original series in a handful of wordless single panels. How Yuzu got back on speaking terms with her semi-asshole middle-school friends is hardly a burning question.

Oh, you're not wrong, and Citrus + really was supposed to be about expanding on all of that. But while I would have understood the surprised comments the last time, they do seem out of place now after we already started on this road in the previous chapter.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh, you're not wrong, and Citrus + really was supposed to be about expanding on all of that. But while I would have understood the surprised comments the last time, they do seem out of place now after we already started on this road in the previous chapter.

Well, right--these guys are a bit like Closet-Case-Kendo-san & and her Nene-Knockoff partner---(for some of us against our better judgement), we do care about the core cast, but the question arises as to why exactly we're supposed to give a fuck about these newcomers? (And the middle-school duo might as well be complete newcomers, since their brief previous appearances are buried so deeply in the original series).

Ultimately both pairs of characters do relate back to Yuzu specifically, but there's already plenty of dithering and uncertainty about how the core characters feel and what they plan to do in the future without the need to import more from the far reaches of the Citrus-verse.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Fair; OTOH the previous chapter came out here two months ago, and some of us aren't devoting a whole lot of neurons to this series. Yes, I could have gone and checked the previous chapter for possible context, and that would have more prudent.

To reply you must either login or sign up.