Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

As someone said, the background characters are literal NPC's. I thought it was just some self-aware ironic humor by making them this generic, but no, the author genuinely has a fetish for this setting. Sad I guess

last edited at May 16, 2022 3:47PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Protip: Just skip to the last 4 or so pages to see when the actual gyaru/otaku content.

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

Hmm... not enough gyaru x plain, and the denial is still that strong? What a magnificent Yuriota.

joined Dec 10, 2021

This is getting out of hand!
Now there are two of them!

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Oh this is gonna be funny...

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Eventually a love triangle for the main characters had to arrive, if it already happened with most of the other students.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

I hate the new girl already.

She's in the way of my gyaru x plainy. >_<

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I hate the new girl already.

She's in the way of my gyaru x plainy. >_<

Maybe she'll make them more aggressive. Watanabe is annoyingly passive about it at all. Hopefully new girl can give her a push, on purpose or by accident, to accepting her feelings.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_is_taboo_to_a_yuri_otaku_ch11#3 I love them

last edited at May 20, 2022 11:22PM

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

A gyaru person?
Gyarufication?

But wow, it’s already been a year, huh?

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Watanabe is queen of useless lesbians. She certainly works hard enough for that title...

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Eventually a love triangle for the main characters had to arrive, if it already happened with most of the other students.

Now that i think about it... How did i not noticed that before!?

joined May 1, 2015

Needs more Ririka x Fuyu and less of everyone else.

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Watanabe you idiot.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I feel so sorry for best girl Ririka to have fallen for such a useless lesbian.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Omg Watanabe can't help herself. Worst Mob Ever (in terms of just moving the plot along without getting involved herself)

joined Jan 11, 2014

Nooooo now the gyaru girl seriously thinks Watanabe doesn’t like her. WE’VE REGRESSED.

Miasmaphonia
Majyofin(1)
joined Feb 14, 2021

"Rather, it makes me smile."
Yoshioka proving once again she's the best character. I agree with Gerosuke's post, imagine if she were the MC.

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

Kinda relieved the new girl has something going on with someone other than the main duo.
I mean, there's basically two ways a love triangle can go. Either one of the characters sucks and has weak chemistry and they just take time away from the couple I'm into, or they're all cool so the ending's gonna be unsatisfying either way. Ban love triangles.

On a different note, I'm curious if the author's definition of Yuri is common in Japan. Cause this is way broader than "lesbian romance".

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'll be damn, little sister actually had yuri manga to lend her...

And new classic trope unlocked - The mysteriously long path from the main gate to the school building. :D

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Ririka is so damn nice , I can't help but feel kinda bad for her T_T

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

I like to think that the new character, Sana, feels burdened of the high ideals of being an imouto or young lady in the school. Like shackles in society, until one day, someone so bright and free, the gayru Ririka shows her the joy of being carefree, the joy of freedom. Thus, she tries to weave her fate by her own ideals and not the ideals of others. Which starts with trying to go out with the gayru.

Overdramatized? Definitely, doesn't fit this story's themes at all. But its fun having your brain suddenly over fantasize the moment you see something.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Is it just me or does Sana-chan look a LOT like the ghost girl? Coincidence? Or just foreshadowing that she’ll push the main couple into being less useless?

last edited at May 21, 2022 10:42AM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I mean, there's basically two ways a love triangle can go. Either one of the characters sucks and has weak chemistry and they just take time away from the couple I'm into, or they're all cool so the ending's gonna be unsatisfying either way. Ban love triangles.

Option 3: All of them have good chemistry with the others and it ends in an OT3.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Sigh I also wish this series would just focus on the main 2....all these side plots aren't interesting at all

To reply you must either login or sign up.