Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Look, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Nirvana or Foo Fighters, but

I've hardly listened to Nirvana so there's only like 1 song I like. That being "Something in the Way"...

BEGONE PLEBS

Nirvana is one of the greatest bands to ever exist, single handedly destroying 80's hair metal and giving us the greatest era of music to have ever exist in the history. Foo Fighters are the child birthed by great 90's rock and keeping the genre alive with their incredible sound no matter how many weak willed pop wannabe's state the death of rock every year.

Finally the time of the angry 90's teen has come, get out your oversized clothes and skate boards cause we back baby.

After reading this post while listening to Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton doing 'Can't find my way Home', I couldn't help chuckling. 90's had good music, so did the 80's, but late 60's into the 70's produced the best rock music EVER!!! This is sure to start some waves over music, but we all can agree that this is a good manga and look forward to more.

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

Something in the waaaaay...

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Why is that entire family hot

The uncle is also really my type lmao

joined Jul 21, 2020

would have been infinitely better had the person been either trans man or trans woman tbh

Your nick is right, you're very silly.

Don't diss lesbians.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I know that DragonForce is quite big in Japan

Amusingly, to my knowledge, metal is pretty big in Japan in general and the scene is very lively, and power metal specifically is relatively mainstream, I think. In a way, I think I wouldn't be surprised if DragonForce would be considered more widespread than Foo Fighters or Nirvana.

In any case, I'm a big fan of everything this story has shown so far, and hopefully, it keeps with it. Loving the uncle/niece designs in particular.

last edited at May 8, 2022 2:39PM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

i scream
i need more
please

LostCassilda
Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Faces are great. Especially the gyaru's for getting across her pain, joy, hope and relief. Nervous girls pushing through their shyness and making a move is always so cute.

joined Jun 3, 2014

would have been infinitely better had the person been either trans man or trans woman tbh

It would've been really cute if the MC was a trans guy, he'd be closeted at school but be able to dress how he'd like at the shop

joined Jan 11, 2014

Why is that entire family hot

The uncle is also really my type lmao

Their entire family can be my daddy

Lbeingrllygay
36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

Oh this is a lovely art style. The green backgrounds really make the characters pop

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Everything is always better with more queer rep thrown in the mix tbh

(not even remotely true, what with bad representation, but it's the thought that matters)

That woulda been a great story though, transmasc who's not out at school. But this still works, and is very cute and good.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

When I was a kid in the 90s I only listened to things from the 60s and 70s. I was the weird outlier in my school, cause I lsitened to mostly classic rock from England, cause that's what my dad listened to.

Judging by Mr. uncle that was spot on.

last edited at May 8, 2022 4:38PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The man's having an existential crisis

by the way is that permanent marker ? looks like she gonna need gloves at school...

It should come off with alcohol or nail polish remover

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

When I was a kid in the 90s I only listened to things from the 60s and 70s. I was the weird outlier in my school, cause I lsitened to mostly classic rock from England, cause that's what my dad listened to.

Also very true! I know some people that got into somewhat unusual music because of their parents. Funnily my music tastes are and almost always have been mostly very independent from my parents, and anyone else around me. Guess I've always enjoyed finding my own niches when it comes to media of all kinds, and doing my own research.

Edit: And I say "unusual" only as different from the norm.

Judging by Mr. uncle that was spot on.

Oh dang, you right! I called it! :D

by the way is that permanent marker ? looks like she gonna need gloves at school...

It should come off with alcohol or nail polish remover

Of which we've determined she has vats full, since she removes her nail polish every day for school

last edited at May 8, 2022 5:42PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I predict the uncle going like "My fucking god! These bitches gay! Good for them!" after he notices his niece has a thing for gyaru before she realizes it herself.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Rather than being concerned he needs to encourage her to call the gal and go on a date.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

The uncle looks like he came straight out of "The Way Of The House Husband".

Absolutely glorious.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

What about her VOICE? Does her voice changes as well when she changes her look?
I mean cos otherwise it should be easy to recognize her, after talking to her both at the store and at school.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I mean cos otherwise it should be easy to recognize her, after talking to her both at the store and at school.

Given that she was unintentionally speaking differently in general I wouldn't call it too far fetched to say she's probably speaking in a different tone of voice as well.

I mean hell, as someone that works in in a restaurant I absolutely speak to customers in a totally different way than I do when I'm just normally speaking to someone. I've also had coworkers tell me that I speak in a lower voice when I answer the phone.

joined Aug 10, 2018

Given that she was unintentionally speaking differently in general I wouldn't call it too far fetched to say she's probably speaking in a different tone of voice as well.

I mean hell, as someone that works in in a restaurant I absolutely speak to customers in a totally different way than I do when I'm just normally speaking to someone. I've also had coworkers tell me that I speak in a lower voice when I answer the phone.

It's also a confidence thing! People speak different when they're appearing the way they want to and in a space they're comfortable in.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

No!!! Uncle needs to embrace the yuri.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Gyaru-chan seems dense af. Also Mistuki (rocker girl) seems to be awfully smooth when at the store so I guess she deepens her voice (?) when talking to the cute girl who thinks she's a guy (involuntarily gay)

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I know that DragonForce is quite big in Japan

Amusingly, to my knowledge, metal is pretty big in Japan in general and the scene is very lively, and power metal specifically is relatively mainstream, I think. In a way, I think I wouldn't be surprised if DragonForce would be considered more widespread than Foo Fighters or Nirvana.

In any case, I'm a big fan of everything this story has shown so far, and hopefully, it keeps with it. Loving the uncle/niece designs in particular.

Apologies in advance for going off at a tangent...

There are a lot of heavy rock / metal groups in Japan which also get quite a bit of attention internationally - ones that I like include:

Band Maid
Nemophila
Lovebites
Mary's Blood (though going on hiatus)
Mutant Monster

Honourable mention to:
Kari Band (BOH and friends - more jazz/funk/fusion)
Esprit D'Air (UK based but definitely J-rock)

Anyway back on track... The uncle does have a little bit of a Dave Grohl look about him.
Really hoping that the story will continue after they get past the reveal.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^Remember Its not like they have talked before- that what we saw was their first time talking in school- and while she has talked to her in the store and got her number- there isnt really any reason they'd HAVE to talk in school for her to pick up they are the same person.

That one picking up the earbud exchange may or may not lead to them talking again in school wh knows- maybe she will avoid gyaru chan at sschool now so as not to give herself away?

Or like others said maybe her voice is a bit different- she is using different more masculine words apparently- also she's always had the mask on- that will muffle the voice a bit.

last edited at May 8, 2022 7:44PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@ Astraea Hill Band-Maid are incredible - best rock band on the planet :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.