Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

joined Jan 21, 2021

If you go back to Chapter One, and you see the page where you see the gears breaking apart and that Komachi head disappearing, maybe it led to the consequences we see now. Maybe Komachi should have died then. Not to mention the fact that she looked suspicious to me from the beginning

god, I'd really like it if it ends up being something as simple as "Komachi should've died because she's going to start killing people" and now because she's not dead herself she's killing people or at least attempting to, and there's no real fate or anything at play Komachi is just the kind of person who'd start killing people sooner or later and that freak accident could have saved everyone a lot of trouble

Yes but Satsuki has been going around telling people that they are going to die and acted crazy enough to earn the nickname, so there must have been tons of 'accidents' before Komachi's in chapter 1. There's some Final Destination thing going on in that school, many of the deaths are just freak accidents not murders (Komachi's billboard + art club, Shiina's PE, kitchen incident, even the teacher's car crash and Sae's suicide attempts).

I'd like to think that saving Komachi was the start of Satsuki breaking out of the 'liar' nickname: she gets involved with the StuCo, gets friends, etc. Fluffy, but logical enough, if I ignore all the creepy eyes.

joined Aug 24, 2021

Sensei x Satsuki

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Pages are out of order

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

Everyone in this manga is sus. Now I don't know who can be trusted anymore.

last edited at May 5, 2022 4:30AM

Ayayayahuasca
370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

I sense some karoshi coming on
Out of all the ways to die, that one is honestly the most fucked one in my opinion

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

The fact that this kind of parents actually exist in real life makes me sad. Those parents only realise their own mistakes when their kid become depressed or suicide, which is already way too late.
Poor Sae. I hope Satsuki can somehow notice her situation and help her

joined Mar 19, 2022

Classic Japanese way to die. Can't wait to see how she saves someone who is going to die at their home in the middle of the night.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Great chapter, but the pages are out of order.
Sae’s mom is fucking evil, huh.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Class Rep nooo

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Why must you show me those “What ifs” hairstyles....

joined Sep 11, 2019

Sae...
Damn, she gonna fuckin OD on that shit and if she dies the Mom's gonna be even more depressed.
Unless her ego won't let her be depressed.

joined Mar 25, 2019

Can’t wait for Shi ni Aruki sounds like it has a darker tone

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Wow, Sae could actually die. Sae's mom did not care about her suicidal ideation, she even was glad Sae attempted to die by train, and If Sae isn't removed from the situation, her mom will keep putting her in danger. From setup I think Satsuki will notice late-stage symptoms which can have long-term damage, and eventually need support from her own neglectful dad who was involved in the first suicide situation. But Sae could die to advance the plot. What a twist for this manga.

I figure that the deaths in normal circumstances are the hardest to prevent because the deaths take place away from school. Out of all the deaths, Sae, Akira's dad, and the child were the only deaths in normal circumstances, and the abusive parents involved in the first two deaths are unrepentant and can get someone killed later. This new one can't be blamed on (Komachi trying to be helpful to other?) StuCo members such as the yandere. The definitely-natural deaths are at most a bit more common due to Satsuki being a death magnet.

last edited at May 5, 2022 9:37PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The main challenge this time is that this is the one time Satsuki hasn't conveniently been present to witness the precognative corpse, and unless Sae's house happens to be on Satsuki's route to school or actions cause the corpse's position to move elsewhere, Sae's only chance of survival depends on how well Satsuki can recognise the signs of a fatal caffeine overdose.

Bunnybunnybunny
joined Apr 17, 2022

Considering how effective she's been at recognizing all kinds of symptoms and her general paranoia, I think Satsuki can rescue Sae from this one at least temporarily. What I'm wondering is how she'll address the mom, because based on how every other conversation she has goes I can't see anyone changing their mind unless she pulls something like what happened last chapter.

Also, wonder if the state of the guy who was in the car during the crash is going to get brought up again past the two times we saw it.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Considering how effective she's been at recognizing all kinds of symptoms and her general paranoia, I think Satsuki can rescue Sae from this one at least temporarily. What I'm wondering is how she'll address the mom, because based on how every other conversation she has goes I can't see anyone changing their mind unless she pulls something like what happened last chapter.

Also, wonder if the state of the guy who was in the car during the crash is going to get brought up again past the two times we saw it.

Kill her mom 'by accident'. I mean, obviously not satsuki, but anyone else should, really.

I just realized in the last ch. of crash, she did not want to lie, so she 'jumped', yet she obviously used a technicality in her vague statement and simply jumped, without trying to die.
Now if we already use word plays, why did she not just jump. You know, on the spot, or the other way round to safety? Its all in the meaning "Im going to jump!". Unless in japanese, they have a more specific meaning here like: jump from this building, which sounds weird in english, so the translator decided to cut it?

last edited at May 6, 2022 2:04AM

Could someone please fix the pages they're out of order.

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

This one's starting relatively lighter than some of the recent cases, but the circumstances are extremely dire and depend heavily on Satsuki's social skills. Akira can at least help deal with Sae, but even if Satsuki does somehow see the corpse, it's not a problem she can brute force a solution to.

This case could serve as a serious illustration of the point that, while Satsuki is a champion at saving lives in the immediate sense, she's clueless at handling deeper issues with someone's life. The circumstances of Sae's death are bound to keep repeating themselves. And I have a bad feeling the outcome here could serve as a primer for Akira's own family problem.

Now if we already use word plays, why did she not just jump. You know, on the spot, or the other way round to safety? Its all in the meaning "Im going to jump!". Unless in japanese, they have a more specific meaning here like: jump from this building, which sounds weird in english, so the translator decided to cut it?

Good question. She said ここから飛び降ります! Preserving it as literally as possible: "I'm going to jump down from here!" So yes, she could've just jumped backwards. But Satsuki tends to have a one-track mind and crumbles under pressure. Like when she saw her and Akira's corpses in the carbon monoxide room and immediately tried rushing in to figure out why. Maybe she also sees tricking someone by omission to count as lying regardless, so she'd have to follow through on the expectation of jumping forward.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

That was cute with her playing with that mantis. Amazing creatures.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

I binge-read this throughout the weekend and damn, I want more now. It's been a while since I last got this hooked in a manga.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

I should apply that technique... Sleeping 5 hrs is not doing me any good

In another note F satsuki XD i can share the feeling of falling asleep in a test

On another note again, im looking forward to a beach episode :v

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

ouch, that's kind of a downer ending to that arc...baking a cake together isn't going to magically stop class rep's mother from being horribly abusive.

shiina lulling her to sleep was cute. also, satsuki ain't lying about sleep, make sure you get enough!

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

This series continues to be great.

If Sae can repair her relationship with mom that might be good for her, although if mom gets hit by a bus instead I certainly wouldn’t be sad about it.

Golden Mertens
Fr7bgrpvcaamcjc%20(1)%20(1)-1%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Jul 9, 2021

So...are we going to the Beach in future chapters?

To reply you must either login or sign up.