Forum › School Zone discussion

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

I just wanted to say that I honestly didn't quite understand what was going on with Hiiragi and Tsubaki before Ningiyau explained it in detail, now that I can understand it better istg, this manga sure is something really special.

I've always felt a strong connection with Yokoe 'cause I've been in her shoes almost my entire life until now and now I have this feeling with Yatsude as well??? the feeling of being always in someone's shadow for years absolutely breaks you, the feeling of not being recognized as SOMEONE, just "X person's friend" or, in her case, Hiiragi's older sister.
I've been in that situation for 10 years and I totally understand every part of her journey, even though it happened for different reasons, the concept was basically the same, I can't stress enough how many goose bumps I got while reading that chapter...

last edited at Jan 13, 2022 11:30AM

Img_20210507_150006
joined Dec 29, 2015

Honestly, the twins are pretty much the same to me. I feel sorry for Tsubaki being treated like shit, but I also understand Hiiragi's irritation and anger towards her.

Tsubaki:
- a can't-think-for-herself type of person,
- blind follower of her sister and felt betrayed when her sister didn't tell her that she was going to a different school when she's not really obligated to inform her about it
- threading on thin line between admiration and obsessiveness
- only joined hiiragi's interests to try to be better than her and come out on top so she can feel like they are equals

Hiiragi:
- is suffocated by her sister's "admiration" so she decided treating her like shit is the best move to make her stay away
- hates that her sister talks negatively about herself which makes her think negatively about herself too
- hates that her sister is always better than her even in things she doesn't care about which makes her feel insecure

Basically, they're both handling it wrong. If they stayed in that relationship, it would have been a lot more damaging, so I hope they realize how flawed they were from the start and choose to start over instead.

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

This whole manga shud be about yasude. Change the rest to support characters. Yasude best fucking girl.

joined Jul 26, 2016

This whole manga shud be about yasude. Change the rest to support characters. Yasude best fucking girl.

Yet you consistently misspell her name...

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

Thought this was a battle manga... I was right.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh wow I really forgot about this series and I even have an avatar from it! scaaary! Made me realize that it's been over two months since the last RAW dropped, so I went to investigate and good news, the serialization continues soonish in March 28! https://twitter.com/sukuzon/status/1499693331013857281 so hang in there!

Also... The author isn't just making School zone, check these Kendo club characters https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/96456559 they all look so cool with so much potential! and so many other characters in her latest post, feels like it could easily get serialized too

last edited at Mar 7, 2022 5:22PM

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Oh wow I really forgot about this series and I even have an avatar from it! scaaary! Made me realize that it's been over two months since the last RAW dropped, so I went to investigate and good news, the serialization continues soonish in March 28! https://twitter.com/sukuzon/status/1499693331013857281 so hang in there!

Also... The author isn't just making School zone, check these Kendo club characters https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/96456559 they all look so cool with so much potential! and so many other characters in her latest post, feels like it could easily get serialized too

Thanks for the info bro, i legit remembered this series because of ur pfp on another comment

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Rereading this, it feels like the next volume is going to be the one that contributes the most progress (hopefully), the addition of a new character (retired idol) doesn't really feel as sudden anymore, considering how it's obvious that her intended purpose is to bridge the two groups of characters together somehow (Rei, Kei, and Yatsude's school, and Hiiragi's and the nurse and the council president's school). The only plot things that are left out of that are Fuji's and Kishiya's relationship, what's obviously being set up between Kaname and Yatsude, and Rei and Kei. I hope she has some actual character to her though besides just being a massively obvious plot device.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

The raw for chapter 92 is out. Ain't gonna spoil myself and look at it but that thumbnail though...Yatsude is everything.

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

I saw it a few minutes ago too!
It looks very interesting, the kendo fight scenes are nice drawn.
Would be really great if someone would translate it! And if so, it would be nice if the character-sheets were translated as well. I always find that stuff very interesting ;o)
And there is also another manga but I don't understand Japanese so I'm not sure what it is about. Maybe it's a demon/monster-hunter manga or maybe something entirely else. it's just my guess, because of the nun with a hole in her head, who is still posing for the camera with a smile ;o)

Fuji22v2
joined Nov 21, 2018

Based on what I've seen from the author's Twitter, they're working on three things: School Zone, the kendo thing and then something that looks like a magical girl series (complete with bloody violence and monsters so it's definitely more mature)

I don't know if they're serializing the latter two, though

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

If this ever becomes an anime, I think Sugiura could be voiced by Shizuka Ishigami, Yatsude could be voiced by Yui Horie and either or both of the twins could be voiced by Kaori Ishihara.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I really need a new chapter
I've missed this series

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Hello darkness my old friend.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I was wondering what took so long for a new chapter to update and HOLY FCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

This chapter was so wonderful!!!! I really truly love insightful chapters in which we learn about the characters like this!!

Also gotta say, this might be just me being a very emotional person, but I think the author is great at conveying emotions since I effing cried at that moment when Tsubaki broke down. Honestly Tsubaki deserves a better sister, you can fight me on that!

Anw, when I first started this series, I didn't expect Yatsude to be my favorite character, but here we are. She's really amazing, both as a friend and as a senpai.

(Is it too late to jump on the Yatsude/Tsubaki ship now?)

Sunlitwarrior
joined May 31, 2019

Was expecting the pretty Yatsude
Got evil eyes yatsude instead. Perfecciòn.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Honestly Tsubaki deserves a better sister, you can fight me on that!

->Tsubaki being the "bad" one in the chapter
-> Still blaming on Hiiragi

man,they're both at fault in this whole mess.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Nah tbh even tho Tsubaki has obvious issues she needs to work on, its nothing compared to Hiiragi. Like shes been a pretty awful person for the entire manga so far, at least/especially when it comes to Tsubaki. I wonder if shes ever gonna realize that a large portion of the very issues of Tsubaki she dislikes so much are caused/worsened by her shitty behaviour but i honestly doubt it. Them making up will probably be shown as equal from both sides which will irk me abit but oh well.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Nah tbh even tho Tsubaki has obvious issues she needs to work on, its nothing compared to Hiiragi. Like shes been a pretty awful person for the entire manga so far, at least/especially when it comes to Tsubaki. I wonder if shes ever gonna realize that a large portion of the very issues of Tsubaki she dislikes so much are caused/worsened by her shitty behaviour but i honestly doubt it. Them making up will probably be shown as equal from both sides which will irk me abit but oh well.

Didn't this has been discused already ? People are too much into the Hiiragi blaming to have a clear view on the problem as a whole and rather put all the blame on Hiiragi.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Didn't this has been discused already ? People are too much into the Hiiragi blaming to have a clear view on the problem as a whole and rather put all the blame on Hiiragi.

No idea as to the past discussions since i havent been following the comments actively. I certainly dont think Tsubaki is "blameless" for the whole mess but its far far from 50/50 imo

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

honestly at this point i couldn't even recall what the whole backstory with hiiragi and tsubaki was, or rather what exactly went down between them. luckily a few people already summarised it earlier.

i like that yatsude is portrayed here as trying to be a decent and supportive person without being turned into a cliche 'wise friend' who fixes everything with glib sayings.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

ok more twin angst ;-; but YATSU MY LOVE <333

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Hello new profile pic material, brought to you by best girl Yatsude

last edited at May 4, 2022 1:22PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Your occasional reminder of the Twins being ridiculously overspecced and doubly so for their schools, lel

TL;DR Tsubaki readily recognises her possessive jealous streak for what it is, is right appalled by that side of herself, and has no idea how to deal with it but it's making her guilt and self-loathing issues act up something fierce.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Yatsude besto character

You cant change my mind

To reply you must either login or sign up.