Forum › A Collar Only For You discussion

joined Dec 11, 2021

The woman in the title doesnt look like the MC. So with the bruises, money, and her desperation for being hit... I can see what happened to her

816lwpeqwgl._ac_uf894,1000_ql80_
joined Sep 22, 2021

this is fucked up... perfect!

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

yabai

joined Dec 17, 2021

I liked this one and I'm hoping for some pain play for black haired girl (I'm fine as long as they both enjoy each other):

Also, in chapter one I couldn't shake off the impression that black-haired girl was a dead body. Still can't.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh a new chapter, I'd almost given up on this.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

We'll try to release regularly!

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

We'll try to release regularly!

thank you for the hard work!!

joined Mar 24, 2021

Anyone else feel like this is somehow going to have a supernatural element?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I love this manga. The way the author conducts the flow of time, the way the narrative pace enfolds the inner monologue of the mc are so nice. Not to mention the kissing scene was CRAZY HOT and I'm surprised Shinonome didn't ravish Rio right then and there after the kisses, haha, she sure showed some amazing self-control (or dire uselessness... sometimes it's hard to tell the difference). Thanks for the new chapter; hope they keep coming!

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

I love this manga. The way the author conducts the flow of time, the way the narrative pace enfolds the inner monologue of the mc are so nice.

That's like Aoto Hibiki's signature move, isn't it?

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

I love this manga. The way the author conducts the flow of time, the way the narrative pace enfolds the inner monologue of the mc are so nice.

He's the author of A Collar? Do you know other mangas by him?

joined Jan 14, 2020

You can click on the author's name. https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/aoto_hibiki

joined Apr 17, 2022

My favorite is I'll cheer on my Yuri onee-chan. It's pretty funny and just shows the younger brother going full wing man for his shy sister.

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

“So besides, the possibility of a Female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night… what else could we be dealing with?”
A cat it appears

joined Mar 27, 2021

She took the cat in. She fed the cat. Therefore, she has a cat now.

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

She took the cat in. She fed the cat. Therefore, she has a cat now.

good kitty

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yeah, sleeping together is not going to help against these dreams, quite the opposite...

Especially "shall we sleep together" while showing nipple...

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Ahh it's been a while! Thank you Daphie! Also those ending words kinda scare me. @_@;

joined May 24, 2014

Hook, line and sinker.

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Thank you, Daphie!

I think it's interesting how younger, mysterious and manipulative girl...is actually the masochist, while the older sweet doormat lady is being set up as a closet sadist. (her stray thought about Rio's neck...) In these sort of pairings, it's usually the other way around.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Rio's lured in Shinonome alright.
Can't wait to see Shinonome wrap her hands around Rio's flawless neck and give her what she wants.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I don't get why authors do this sorta "spoiler" for their own work ... I can't think of a single instance where it improved any sort of narrative. Just takes away any sort of curiosity about how things will work out.

joined Jan 11, 2014

I don't get why authors do this sorta "spoiler" for their own work ... I can't think of a single instance where it improved any sort of narrative. Just takes away any sort of curiosity about how things will work out.

It’s the same way dramatic irony works. The readers know something’s up while the characters remain ignorant, which adds tension as we brace for an impact we know is coming. Shifts the tone a little, gives us a heads up so twists and changes don’t feel like they’re cheaply coming out of no where, and makes us wonder what exactly is going to happen that makes it all go downhill.

joined Jun 21, 2022

Is the update daily...
Cause I'm freaking can't wait for the update

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It’s the same way dramatic irony works. The readers know something’s up while the characters remain ignorant, which adds tension as we brace for an impact we know is coming. Shifts the tone a little, gives us a heads up so twists and changes don’t feel like they’re cheaply coming out of no where, and makes us wonder what exactly is going to happen that makes it all go downhill.

I'd argue it does the opposite of all of those things. It's just flat out "here is how it is", so you know all of those things in advance - there's no twist or change in the first place since the direction has already been announced.

At most it adds this fake tension you speak about, but that's rarely better than tension of the unknown. It's not like readers (as demonstrated in this thread) are so blind that they don't see that something is going on here without having it spelled out ...

last edited at Aug 12, 2022 8:43AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.