Forum › VAMPEERZ discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I just hope that Ichika will not give up on being a Lilu. It sounds like she has already given up.

I got the feeling that there was a shift there. All this time Ichika wanted to do it and Aria was strongly telling her it was a bad idea. Now Ichika's given up on the idea and Aria is left to ponder for herself whether she is actually happy about that, and I felt I saw early signs of the answer coming up "no, I want to keep this one".

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Dog gone it, they missed the perfect chance to touch chilly tongues, or find other vehicles for the ice cream.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

So he drew this one a couple days ago, and put it in his twitter. He explained that this is a gift to GX readers. I think it is OK to post the link here, since anything you post in twitter is automatically public and free. Well, I guess I am eligible before getting the real thing? I am a GX subscriber, and I do not live in Japan...
I would encourage you to subscribe GX, search around and you may be able to order it somewhere. It is not that hard, as long as you have a rudimentary understanding spoken or/and read Japanese so that you know how to order. Subscribing only the E version such as kindle is not ideal, because you will not have all the goodies.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPN3_oRVkA47_hV?format=jpg&name=large

last edited at Apr 2, 2022 3:48PM

ClockworkRaven
Ana_wolf
joined Jan 4, 2022

Moar? When moar?

No seriously this is so good. Vampire+yuri usually ends up pretty hit or miss. Either it's too fluffy to be belieavable or it's debauchery every other page. I'm glad this is well thought out and balanced nicely. Can't wait to read more!

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I have just received my issue and read it. (and yes, April 18, you did not misread the date) Chapter 35 has 16 pages, which is half of the usual length of about 30 pages. Sensei did not drop a single hint about this chapter, whether it is in his pixiv fanbox (I am a princess), or twitter. He did show a few drafts with no bubbles...

last edited at Apr 18, 2022 5:20PM

joined Jul 19, 2014

Zombie and bath redecorating got me for some reason.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I'm not sure they should let the zombie cook.

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

Not going to lie, that dead ghost zombie is very attractive.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Nice, nice.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Not going to lie, that dead ghost zombie is very attractive.

Mmm yummy

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Masina posted:

Oh yes, for those who are curious about the name of the magick that Maoa performed. (magick, NOT magic, it is not the same) The English translation apparently uses Vietnamese, which uses Latin alphabets, so the translation is not quite there.

Where the hell do you get Vietnamese?

The English translation uses Chinese pinyin of the characters you wrote here. It's probably just that the font they used didn't have the proper accents so they used something approaching.

So the Chinese translation will probably leave them as is.

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 4:16PM

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Oh yes, for those who are curious about the name of the magick that Maoa performed. (magick, NOT magic, it is not the same) The English translation apparently uses Vietnamese, which uses Latin alphabets, so the translation is not quite there.

The scanlation is using Chinese (Mandarin) pinyin.

You cannot really interpret the phrase as two pairs of kanji, or 3 kanjis form together and then one alone, and certainly not all four of them as a term.

There's no hard and fast rule regarding parsing, it's a made up term after all. Certainly I wouldn't treat it as four independent characters when translating this.

Edit: Having been shown the raws for this, it's clearly 誑魂命鬼 (not the other way around, that reading would make zero sense. So that's kuang hun ming gui in Chinese). And the meaning is really straightforward - "deceiving a soul, [in order to] order a ghost [around]", which ties into what the thing actually does. Parsing it any other way, especially each character independently, makes zero sense (e.g. 命 is clearly the verb "to order/command", not "life" as a noun).

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 5:49PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

i see: Cheating a soul to command the ghost.
I have never seen this type of pinyin, but I do know Bopomofo. I have never seen the accent and decent slash or dot.
I'll delete the post.

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 6:58PM

joined Nov 22, 2021

Anyone else think chapter 35 should have the "smell" tag? And possibly the "masturbation" and "toys" tags? If you consider a jetted tub to be a toy, that is. Ichika and Aria certainly do!

Tumblr_2d0c1aea2299eddddc28c7a71bc18ab93e_21a53db1_1280
joined Mar 31, 2017

WAIT MIDDLE SCHOOL??? I THOUGHT SHE WAS AT LEAST IN HIGHSCHOOL!?!
I’m an idiot ;-;

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

Anyone else think chapter 35 should have the "smell" tag? And possibly the "masturbation" and "toys" tags? If you consider a jetted tub to be a toy, that is. Ichika and Aria certainly do!

I don't thik they were masturbating, lol. They would be more... turned on? with the whole situation if that were the case. They were just relaxing the muscles.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

WAIT MIDDLE SCHOOL??? I THOUGHT SHE WAS AT LEAST IN HIGHSCHOOL!?!
I’m an idiot ;-;

In Higashiyama Show's world, 14 is the new 19. Anyone older than 15 is grandma category.
Specifically. Elementary school 6,middle school 1, middle school 2. Ichika's body is completely non-Higashiyama Show's style. But Aria is 100% his type of "girls".

In Implicity, it seems like his ideal age is 11. (9, 10, 11, 12), so this is much younger than Vampeerz and certainly Prism (16). The female main protagonist of Implicity was only 8 when she showed up in the manga.

Of course, you can joke that the youngest character in the manga, physically, is a kindergartener, and yes, she is the villain, and hell bent to take revenge on Aria.

last edited at May 12, 2022 12:42AM

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

FIRST Chapter 36.
I have been wanting to know some of these details for a few chapters now, concerning individual lilu's stories. At the end of 35, Ichika wants to do an interview with everyone. So that is what 36 is about. Not every details though, you have to read it yourself to see how much information sensei just released. This could easily be a three chapter one. Finally we have a biography of everyone. But I am just going to list the most basic statistic. You will have to read the actual chapter to know the details, for example, when and where did Maoa met and start working for Aria.

Name Year of birth Year of turned Turned by Origins

Aria 2028–2004 or c.1964–1940 BCE ? ? ?
Ichika Asagiri 2005 NA NA Japan
Khara 1707 1725 ? Modern Bangladesh
Shadi Kermani ? 1837 Khara Persia
Jirou 1874 1895 Aria Tokyo, Japan
Maoa c.1119 ? ? Henan Province, China
Arthur of Winchester c.1450 ? ? Winchester, England

Yes, what a surprise.
Just a tease. Guess what Maoa and Jirou have in common?
We should find out about Sakuya next chapter and maybe, just maybe, Aria herself.
Oh, if you read it deeper, this also has some really disturbing things that will pop in your mind.

Sorry I am kinda dumb but um..what do they have in common?

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

Yes, what a surprise.
Just a tease. Guess what Maoa and Jirou have in common?
Sorry I am kinda dumb but um..what do they have in common?
You have to read it yourself :)

Oh ok :)

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

Guess what Maoa and Jirou have in common?

At one time or another, Maoa and Jirou were engaged to Arthur. That finally brings us to the reason why Jirou's asked Aria not to let Arthur join with the group. ".....is prone to adultery". It was obvious that he was seriously hurt.

Meanwhile there is no problem concerning Maoa. They are still very close. Only Arthur knows where Maoa is, hence Jayanti-Shadi can find Maoa. Maoa seems to be very happy to meet Arthur again. There is no way Maoa is living in Arthur's place unless they are on good terms.

Oh yeahhhhh thanks!!! :))))

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

When is the next update btw? :) sorry for asking so much tho!

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Jirou's face is simply amazing.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah so I'm pretty sure with this chapter that one thing that definitely helps someone become a Lilu instead of a dead ghost is being close to death while being turned.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

So how is she gonna be on the verge of death to turn properly without being stopped by Aria?

To reply you must either login or sign up.