Forum › Kamiina Botan, the Drunken Form is a Lily Flower discussion

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Is this really wholesome?? I mean, it doesn't feel like the kohai is cheating on either of them, but it feels like she's fooling around with both of them. In addition, the black-haired senpai has been in her relationship with the other senpai for longer, while the kohai has just arrived making much more progress than the black-haired senpai. As I say, the situation is not so dramatic but I do not think it corresponds to the wholesome.

I’m not sure where you are getting cheating from? There are no established relationships, just love interest and a pretty relaxed rivalry between Botan and Gujou regarding Ibuki as seen in Chapter 14.

I don't see anything serious going on between any of the girls, so I don't know whether the "love triangle" tag makes any sense (unless sharing a drink is somehow a euphemism for sex).

Gujou gets outed as having a crush on Ibuki in chapter 2. Botan is trying to get closer throughout. As said above, Gujou and Botan have a subtle acknowledgment of rivalry in chapter 14. And physical intimacy isn’t required for a love triangle tag to exist.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH GIRLL!!! Get Your BOTAN and your drinks

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Woah…not a big fan of being peer pressured into drinking…but is Ibuki making a move on Botan here?!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Botan's making a face like her mind just went places.

As pretty likely did Ibuki's judging by how she's red up to her ears...

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

I want to like it but the plot is so confusing and the writing isn't good

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I love this manga to bits.
So... Ibuki has had enough of Chou's flirting with Kamiina and is ready to do something drastic to mark her territory, eh? GOOD! Go for it, girl!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Booz,college girls,cheap beds,and emotions.

Can't get any better then that.

joined Sep 11, 2019

I'm a bit lost on where the yuri is between the characters but I haven't revisited the earlier chapters so yeah...

D946b494cd837f1c428627ea5e516c5
joined Feb 22, 2022

I enjoy this...
You can see the garments girls wear in diversity every episode.
I think it takes lots of difficulty for the author to arrange the things that reconciled both Reality and Aesthetics.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oh man….Botan and I got played like a fiddle. I was thinking the same thing Botan, poor girl.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Oh man….Botan and I got played like a fiddle. I was thinking the same thing Botan, poor girl.

I don't follow at all, who played Botan? Ibuki? Chou?

It doesn't seem to me that we should feel sorry for the “poor girl” as on the contrary it looks like the right time for love confessions has arrived. Next chapter should normally bring an “I luv u / I luv u 2” betwixt Botan and Ibuki as a logical followup (and if it doesn't I'll call cheap copout).

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I actually find it kinda hard to follow this manga. Maybe I'm a doof, but it's hard to read these characters, their thoughts and emotions, and where it's heading.

Cute girls tho, still gonna keep reading it

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I can read the characters and their intentions but what's troubling is the cut from one chapter to another or even one scene to the next, going as far as confusing people from one panel to the other, leaving the readers thinking "I guess there was a significant time jump there... maybe" or "I guess that conversation went on and we didn't get to see it...maybe".

I'm like, oh wow! how will she respond? cuts now we are in space!

last edited at Apr 23, 2022 4:13PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I don't follow at all, who played Botan? Ibuki? Chou?

It doesn't seem to me that we should feel sorry for the “poor girl” as on the contrary it looks like the right time for love confessions has arrived. Next chapter should normally bring an “I luv u / I luv u 2” betwixt Botan and Ibuki as a logical followup (and if it doesn't I'll call cheap copout).

I probably exaggerated a bit, but basically Botan thought Ibuki was asking her to spend the night there, just the two of them, alone…with each other.

But yeah, I can see how this might lead to a confession. We’re getting some, “we’re the same and have grown closer through our bond” chat right now. On that same note though, I’m sure Botan would want to be alone with Ibuki following said confession; not have a third person in the room with them.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Chou struck out quickly with Botan who is already in a "special" relationship with Ibuki. What a proactive (yuri) girl; I hope this side of her stays relevant because everyone else is so indirect, especially shy Ibuki. Chou seems sweet so I hope for justice, but she's sporty so Gujou the smoker senpai is probably out as a romantic option at first. I'm interested in that interaction. Everyone else is paired.

I'm loving how Ibuki and especially Botan usually have so many tells. Then again... this chapter made it seem like Ibuki isn't as certain of her feelings as I thought, which would be stupid as they indirectly mutually confessed in chapter 10 at the shrine. Perhaps Botan isn't absolutely sure Ibuki can feel attracted to women in the same way as Gojou or herself? And is already bracing herself for things not working out?

I feel bad for Gojou never getting firmly rejected by Ibuki. Gojou realizes she probably has no chance with her bestie, yet Gojou cannot concede.

last edited at Apr 27, 2022 5:09PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This is exactly how you do not win man-to-bear combat. Because how can you win if you never encounter the bear? And you really do get into some crazy conversations with randos on the trail, but I have yet to encounter a possible sake goddess ghost.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 11:29AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"That guy greeted us even though he didn't know us......mountains climbing sucks :l" I laughed way too hard at this LMAO maybe the two lines are supposed to be disconnected but it's hilarious, like a hardcore introvert.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

I like the panels highlighting fashion in this manga. The clothing designs are strong and well-suited for each personality, though it may strain credibility that every one of these college students has this much breadth in their wardrobe.

The old spirit was so minimalist that I felt something was off from the start. A spirit inspiring perseverance and mindful presence in nature is interesting, but she's still a liar. Guess that's her form of entertainment.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 1:03PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Chou making dat literal emoji faec tho XD

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

"That guy greeted us even though he didn't know us......mountains climbing sucks :l" I laughed way too hard at this LMAO maybe the two lines are supposed to be disconnected but it's hilarious, like a hardcore introvert.

Haha! Yeah I definitely connected with this sentiment.

Good chapter all around.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I like this manga a lot, but what throws me off is that it seems like many chapters go right up to the line of Botan and Ibuki fucking and then nothing happens. Like the first x chapters was Botan making really suggestive comments to Ibuki while tipsy and Ibuki liking it and it just going nowhere. Chapter 18 seems to have acknowledged that Botan is definitely attracted to Ibuki but isn't sure Ibuki is gay, but it still feels like it has been so many months since they've been drinking together that it's hard to figure how nothing has happened yet.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Being provided bottles to bring up for usable water is very generous, at least to me.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I realize the story is implying that the old lady was a ghost, but honestly I think it's fun to imagine that she's hiding behind the log as a prank.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I like the panels highlighting fashion in this manga. The clothing designs are strong and well-suited for each personality, though it may strain credibility that every one of these college students has this much breadth in their wardrobe.

The old spirit was so minimalist that I felt something was off from the start. A spirit inspiring perseverance and mindful presence in nature is interesting, but she's still a liar. Guess that's her form of entertainment.

A liar? How so, as I don't see it.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Wow, chapter 18 was great, if it were dark and I'm covered in blankets, I'd definitely quirm

To reply you must either login or sign up.