Forum › And Thus I Was Picked Up By My Boss's Daughter discussion

joined May 28, 2019

Yeah, this whole thing is not making a lot of sense—she was picked to be a spy because she’s so incompetent? And what was that flashback scene with her at the window of a car?

Getting her to spy would make more sense if it came after meeting the CEO's daughter. And her on the bridge happened after getting fired. The car thing was her falling on her face while pursing the client she had screwed up with and arrived at the clients car all scraped up.

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

I enjoyed chapter 1 but this spy thing is really nonsensical

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, this whole thing is not making a lot of sense—she was picked to be a spy because she’s so incompetent? And what was that flashback scene with her at the window of a car?

Getting her to spy would make more sense if it came after meeting the CEO's daughter. And her on the bridge happened after getting fired. The car thing was her falling on her face while pursing the client she had screwed up with and arrived at the clients car all scraped up.

Yeah, I see that now. But because we first see her getting scolded at work, it's not clear until the boss confronts her that the light-haired person with the earrings and ruffled blouse is a client rather than an in-company supervisor. And that client seems to be totally pissed at her before the car thing.

It just looks like unnecessarily confusing storytelling all around. I was looking forward to seeing the hapless OL and the rebellious girl trying to live together, without the intrusive bodyguards . . .

last edited at Mar 25, 2022 10:08AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

We all love you Nagashima , you clumsy klutz.

Img_20190914_203449_543
joined Apr 14, 2020

After reading chapter 2, im confused,
Why would nagashima worried about getting fired? She literally have the CEO side and his daughter likes her.
The manager shouldn't have any a power against her now right?

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

The setup reminds me a bit of Can't Defy the Lonely Girl, in that a lot of fairly nonsensical stuff happens to get the plot moving, and a lot of it doesn't really contribute to the story. It's at best screwball logic. This is less rooted in reality than Still Sick, and the characters are a little less opaque (it took a long time until we were shown what Maekawa's deal was). I dunno, the Akashi + Rankarana combo is still really doing it for me (the licensed localization of Still Sick is not nearly as fun as SAD's, and this is a hill I'm willing to die on). I'm along for the ride wherever it goes.

last edited at Mar 27, 2022 12:14AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The yuri is not strong enough to balance out the questionable plot

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

please let them be just friends 'til she turns 18

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Welcome to Idaho Nyandaho, America’s potato land

last edited at Apr 4, 2022 10:32PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Huh, even Nagashima's noticed the plot setup doesn't fucking make sense...

Here's hoping that's a sign it was entirely deliberate and the actual hook is something more convoluted than the dumb horseshit she was fed.

joined Apr 15, 2018

After reading chapter 2, im confused,
Why would nagashima worried about getting fired? She literally have the CEO side and his daughter likes her.
The manager shouldn't have any a power against her now right?

Oh, but you see, they don't REALLY like her. They're just pretending. And if by chance they're not, should they ever find out what she's REALLY like, they'll drop her immediately.

This is what it is to have low self-esteem, forever.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Enter: aunt.

joined Jun 3, 2014

Alternate title: Being Nagashima is suffering

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

It's nice that Nagashima seems to have decided she doesn't want to stab Kazuha in the back anymore...but I bet the aunt is going to incentivize her to keep trying.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think maybe I’m getting a little better handle on what the tone is supposed to be here—the “dad vetting every person in the theme park” thing indicates an overall wackier fantasy ethos than Nagashima’s opening suicidal ideation seemed to suggest, and the hall-of-mirrors/MC’s “real” self connection is more sophisticated storytelling than the clunky first chapters demonstrated.

As I said previously, the author of Still Sick has earned plenty of benefit of the doubt, and it’s starting to seem like there’s more method to this madness than I first believed.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'll be reasonably satisfied if it's stupid as shit but still funny, I think being over the top is just how this manga is going to be, especially considering the scanlators' comments of this being "charmingly demented"

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

A sexy aunt, eh? Here come the hijinks.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

What in the god damn hell

Img_20190914_203449_543
joined Apr 14, 2020

Wth just happened

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Enter: Sexy aunt

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

"Keep this up and I'll have no chance of going back to the office!"

You mean the office that you literally tried to kill yourself in order to get away from? Please think about your motives a little bit harder.

last edited at Apr 6, 2022 4:55AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Enter the Dragon I mean enter queen bitch face.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Enter the Dragon I mean enter queen bitch face.

It's a pretty hot bitchface tho uwu

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

milf alert

joined Jul 26, 2016

To reply you must either login or sign up.