Forum › The Azure Bird and Spring Wind discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I was annoyed when reading this about how blatantly predictable the twist was gonna be. And then it came and I was like "yep".

But then double twist, the twist wasn't actually a twist! Pretty clever haha

joined Sep 11, 2014

Nice twist to the twist

joined Dec 5, 2014

Well...not bad.

joined Feb 11, 2014

Wow, I must be pretty genre blind because that twist came out as a genuine twist for me.
And then it became a double twist when it untwisted itself. That was amusing.

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

Ok...saw that coming, didn't see the return boomerang twist though!

Klz1234699998m
joined May 15, 2012

That was really amusing! I hope I see more stories like these XD

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Wow, I must be pretty genre blind because that twist came out as a genuine twist for me.

That's a major issue with the argument of 'cliche'. It doesn't take much analyzing to see that every story has been told in every which way possible. So inevitably a story may speak wonders of new beauty to one yet seem trite and overdone to another. It all depends on execution, and how our predetermined bias comes to fruition in the middle of a story.

Philosophy and psychology aside, I liked this. But it just left a decent bit to be desired.

last edited at Jan 20, 2015 4:45PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Very cute, but also very short. I wish there was more to it.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I expect there will be. It certainly doesn't have a one-shot feel to it, more like one of those "pilot for a series" pseudo-oneshots. I mean, there's no real resolution of plot or anything, just introduction of a few characters and their situation. If it gets one the problem for me will likely be a lack of progress; it has that shounen-ish feel to it that says "Lots of stuff will happen but it will be mostly filler and every forward step will be forgotten a couple chapters later so they can do it again". With luck I'm wrong.

last edited at Jan 20, 2015 5:01PM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Definitely caught me slipping with the twist on the twist, lol.

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

The twist was expected. The untwist was not. =w=

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Can't believe this is just a one shot...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's a major issue with the argument of 'cliche'. It doesn't take much analyzing to see that every story has been told in every which way possible. So inevitably a story may speak wonders of new beauty to one yet seem trite and overdone to another. It all depends on execution, and how our predetermined bias comes to fruition in the middle of a story.

It's also a great word when you want to sound smart and critical, but without the requirement of saying anything substantial.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

that was pretty good xD though want to see more... :p can be definitely be a series

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

If this was the first chapter of a series I'd say it has potential, but as a one-shot it didn't accomplish much

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Why do I get the feeling that there's a twist to the twist of the twist? I really hope there's more!

Youravatar
joined Jan 20, 2015

Nobody expects the surprise twist from the bait twist!

...I fell for the bait twist, it seems.

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

Omg XD It caught me off guard twice. I never remember the cliche so I actually never expect the first one. Then the second one hit me, well done author!

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Lol, nope she's not a ghost. It was kinda disappointing tht they didn't kiss at in he wind scene but oh well. I'd like to know more about the "jumper" ghost. It was cute. ^.^

Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

i got creep-ed out a little i thought there was going to be a twist but it turned out to be a diff. twist you know what i mean jeje i think -_- i'm confusing myself lol

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

It's also a great word when you want to sound smart and critical, but without the requirement of saying anything substantial.

+1

joined May 17, 2013

I must be slow then because both twist hit me like a mack truck.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Ouch... lol.

I thought it was really cute, I really liked Miyacchi too, she's adorable. The twist-un-twist was pretty neat too.

joined Apr 14, 2013

haha nice one

joined Apr 1, 2014

last edited at Jan 20, 2015 9:22PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.