Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri (Side Stories) discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"I don't plan to talk about it with you."

Nothing the application of violence cannot solve.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Gotta love how unceremoniously blunt Shizuku and Saori are with each other. Then again a nontrivial portion of their communication is done through fisticuffs...

More to the point though, Shizuku doesn't look the least bit surprised by Saori suddenly turning up out of nowhere. Sasuga stalker imouto I guess...?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Once again the ping-pong of tones in this series. This chapter (like a lot of the Minami flashback chapters) reads like a piece of those serious drama-angst stories, with the half-kind/half-exploitive mentor figure doing that "let me take the place of your lost love" thing. Then sooner or later we'll go back to the delinquent-gets-reversed-by-the-straight-edged-kid hijinks.

I think I'd like either kind of story by this author, or a more seamless integration of the drama and the comedy. It's still kinda whip-lashy for me as it is, though.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

I hope she comeback to seduce a prettier girls

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

We're missing a lot of context because the scanlation of the main series is really far behind (5 volumes are out in Japan but the scanlation is somewhere in the 3rd volume) and the side stories build upon things we didn't get to read yet.

joined Sep 11, 2019

We're missing a lot of context because the scanlation of the main series is really far behind (5 volumes are out in Japan but the scanlation is somewhere in the 3rd volume) and the side stories build upon things we didn't get to read yet.

In a way I guess it just means that when we get to the missing parts we'll just go "Ah, so this is how shit went down."

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

I have serious issues with this being treated as a canon companion series for several reasons. The way it is structured right now, these chapters should be released alongside the main series at their appropiate points. This is stuff that should not be missed.

It is acceptable that backstory is delivered in such a "side-story" format I suppose, as for example the teacher's situation with her old crush was more or less alluded to in the main story. This is thus just an extension of that (a really impactful one though that I think should not be left out from the "main plot").

But there are several actual confession scenes and relationship jump off points in this side-story series. This is stuff that you cannot just delegate to an "optional" side manga. The editor and mangaka for example have constant build-up to their relationship in the main series and yet their actual confession and start of the relationship are being told here? Assuming that the untranslated volumes of the main series actually do address these things as well, can we just view these as extensions of those canon scenes? I think that would be a disservice to the main series.

Additionally due to just having binged the main series again, I can see real contradictions and plot holes in these chapters. In the main series Heke and Shinohara were both aware of each other's identities and Heke in particular already found out about Shinohara's romantic feelings for her and that Shinohara knew her identity as well. Yet these side-story chapters portrayed it differently. It is portrayed as if Heke didnt know Shinohara's feelings or that Shinohara knew her identity, but then they went on an offline date where they revealed their identities. Yet in the main series Heke found these things out and hides it from Shinohara, which makes no sense if they had an offline date already.

last edited at Feb 4, 2022 8:48AM

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Anyone know why the author switched this series to mini chapters like the main one? Or was it just the way the chapters were initially uploaded here?

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Anyone know why the author switched this series to mini chapters like the main one? Or was it just the way the chapters were initially uploaded here?

The author has another yuri series running in another magazine (Link here) and they might have trouble maintaining long chapter for this one.

Priorities I guess.

That other series, although yuri, is primarily a food manga, and I'm not fond of that, so I won't pick it up.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... if things keep going the way they are? What? They'll achieve peak yuri-ness? There'll be inevitable domestic violence? ^^

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Pyoro posted:

... if things keep going the way they are? What? They'll achieve peak yuri-ness? There'll be inevitable domestic violence? ^^

According to the vertical thing, I think she believes Sugimoto will get hurt.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

According to the vertical thing, I think she believes Sugimoto will get hurt.

She basically says that before, though. What with the whole "adults are magically different and will leave the moment it gets serious, for some incomprehensible reason" speech ...

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

The author has another yuri series running in another magazine (Link here) and they might have trouble maintaining long chapter for this one.

Priorities I guess.

That other series, although yuri, is primarily a food manga, and I'm not fond of that, so I won't pick it up.

Ahh, thanks for the link and upload! It's nice the author is getting into other things, even if the characters' faces all look the same in them too lol.

joined Nov 21, 2018

I think the bartender's concern is that even if the teacher/student pair has cute moments, they are still a teacher and a student in the end, or an adult and a teen. The question is if it's possible for them to overcome the gap in not just their ages but in their experiences and authority. More specifically, I think the bartender is seeing it as the teacher just humoring the student, rather than treating it as a potentially serious relationship.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Idk but the look of Shizuku after she kissed her reminds me of something....

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I'm sure a kiss tasting of cigarettes wasn't exactly what she was wanting, but possibly in the right direction.

joined Jul 26, 2016

TIL Shizuku's flag for real shit is not getting punched inna face

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Bittersweet first kiss, huh. My only problem with these side stories is being able to contain the hype until the next chapter.

I'm dying to read more about Shizuku and Saori

last edited at Apr 29, 2022 5:25PM

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

You know.... i wasn't expecting their first kiss to be like this.

But... I'm excited for their first of many kisses given how angsty this whole situation is.

I NEEDD MOARRRR Shizuku x Satori

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I found this one a bit confusing to parse. Saori had a beloved? Did I forget something important? I know she was obsessed with her sister, but I didn't think she had dated anyone.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I found this one a bit confusing to parse. Saori had a beloved? Did I forget something important? I know she was obsessed with her sister, but I didn't think she had dated anyone.

Shizuku's obviously referring to Iori and Saori's incestuous obsession with her there. She later repeats it more explicitly as "you beloved onee-san" too.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Bittersweet first kiss, huh. My only problem with these side stories is being able to contain the hype until the next chapter.

I'm dying to read more about Shizuku and Saori

Next chapter will probably be fluff between the gamer girls

Pfp2
joined Jan 11, 2022

I love this series so much, I really wish the main series would be scanlated a little faster. Thanks much for updating the side stories!

joined Nov 22, 2019

Shizuku's obviously referring to Iori and Saori's incestuous obsession with her there. She later repeats it more explicitly as "you beloved onee-san" too.

Yeah, it's been pretty much explicitly stated that Saori is romantically in love with her sister, which Iori does not reciprocate. Saori's struggle seems to be getting over that love while still maintaining a platonic relationship with her sister

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I need more of these two, the kiss was good but it seemed unfulfilled. idk, I just want more lol and thank you scanlators.

To reply you must either login or sign up.