Forum › Beauty and the Beast Girl discussion

Wwdemon150
joined Mar 11, 2018

Huh. Heath lost an arm during the timeskip.

wow, didn't notice that. poor heath had a tough old time of things.

Yeah, I didn't notice my first time reading, and was wondering why why looked so surprised at her hand on page 28.

It must have been something pretty harsh and unexpected, because I'm pretty sure Heath would have kept the rings if it happened in a situation where the severed arm was recoverable.

She still has the rings. You can see them on a string around her neck when she falls in front of Lily's grave.

Ah, good eyes. I went through the panels explicitly looking for a ring necklace, but figured it would have been shown when meeting Iris., so didn't give the fall sufficient scrutiny. My mistake.

joined Dec 18, 2021

sad

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

That went from wholesome to depressing as fuck real quick

Pretty much this cause OW MY HEART

FreedomandJustice
joined Jun 16, 2020

I'm not crying, you're crying.

joined Apr 6, 2021

It was perfect. This is the most flawless story on this site. It was beautiful and heartfelt from beginning to end. I’ve been enjoying this series for years now and it’s ending was as absolutely sad and powerful and uplifting and bittersweet as it could be. The details in the final chapter like Heath’s missing arm (which was also the arm her ring was on), the rings on her necklace, Lily still blind in the afterlife we’re all so perfect. It hurt so much that Iris knew she was going to be on her own again, that tear speaks such volumes. After the last chapter I didn’t expect a time slip at all, I thought it would be one last happy moment to wrap up the story, but this last chapter elevates the whole series so much more. I’ve never had a story get me so emotional, I still remember when we first found out that Lily knew Heath was a monster the whole time they had known each other. The dynamic was beautiful, every character was so real. Marie losing her voice to the mermaid and her forgiveness was such a beautiful moment, there is just something about this that elevates the story so much. I have no doubt this is Neji’s magnum opus, their masterpiece. I can’t wait to read what they do next, because this story goes so far beyond what it first set out to do. I will love it until the end of time.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 10:14PM

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

What a masterpiece, I'm sad that it's over, but happy that it exists
Here's to many more series in the future Neji

Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

Ngl, I kinda expected this, Neji likes to put this style ending to their works

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

And mom was always looking over them

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ow my. Heart

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

God dammit Neji, I should have expected the sadness but I was so hoping for more sweetness...
At least the next R18 book is still there. I'm so glad to have been introduced to this series and Neji as an author, definitely going to throw money and fanart their way. Not enough monstergirl yuri, and not enough of it that has a sad/happy ending. There's so much to say, but more than anything... so so sweet. I love this manga.

Gah1
joined May 25, 2015

oops the tears are here

JustReadingSomeYuri.
joined Nov 25, 2021

Such a good read. I'll have to come back to this eventually for a second round but for now I'll let it rest.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Now I liked the ending. Once I settled for what it was. I knew it was coming too. Well, I knew it was coming in some way or form. But I won't lie that I am a tiny bit disappointed. While the bittersweet ending was in the cards, more and more obvious, I hoped for at least some "family" life after the promise rings are shared and after that, and I think most importantly, some more wholesome "living" end for Heath. This story always just felt like it was set up to create a place for Heath. It felt like Lilly was aware of the short life span of herself and wanted to give something lasting to Heath. It just felt like the ending could have a bit more meaning, is all I'm trying to say. Even this prospect of Heath traveling just to "tell" about her adventures to Lilly makes it feel more bitter than sweet. It's like the moral is to just wait till you die once someone you loved died before you.

Oh well, I enjoyed the story and I accept this ending. It's a good ending for this story. I just wish it had a moral to go with it.

joined Jul 14, 2016

This is just, so beautiful. Last time I cried so much was watching Coco, yet this sole chapter only took 5 minutes of my night readings and stick with me for at least a week. Though I did expect Lily to part before Heath, it was surprising to see this timeskip in only one chapter. I was just digesting what was happening, and broke on tears as Heath woke up with Lily, I didn't want to believe this was how it ended, it couldn't be like this. Makes total sense, as she probably never got used to being near humans, also passing away near her dearest one. Would give anything to forget this chapter, so I could just blindly read it again. Best ending I've read in a while.

Cdc4f8204600edbf52fb0f34f39b246a~2
joined Jun 27, 2018

inhale AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/beauty_and_the_beast_girl_ch50_1

So there's a mini-Heath, next to Marie's kid?

So did they have a kid? Or two? Or were they heath and Lily from flashbacks?

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 12:54AM

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Screw you and your unnecessarily bittersweet endings Neji. I'm done.

joined Feb 21, 2019

was nice to see heath and iris being there for each other after lily passed away, but man iris crying really got me :<

Iris has been alive for so long and never had a proper companion to be with throughout all that, but now she's also lost heath ;_; but it seems like she's gotten a new companion with the Lamia baby, so she won't be alone anymore

and in the end, heath and lily finally are able see each other again and can be together forever more.

A bittersweet ending all around~

For sure one of Neji's best series, glad she kept going with it after chapter 8.

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 1:50AM

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Honestly on the grand scale of bittersweet, I wouldn't say this is all that bad; Heath always knew that she was going to outlive Lilly, and it seems like she managed to find something to keep herself going until she finally reached the end of her natural lifespan. It's certainly sad for Iris, but life goes on.

joined Nov 17, 2020

I guess she finally went and chased after her...

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

Tbh I was expecting a wedding

Sheenah_the_Dino
Hetero%20vibes
joined Sep 25, 2021

I AM SOBBING OH MY GOD. This was so beautiful.. now, guess it's time to re-read the entire story so I can shed even more tears

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Neji's endings are always so bittersweet, but this one was kind of inevitable, I guess? Actually I think them reuniting in the afterlife is maybe the happiest way it could end lol. They're really together forever now! Ugh, the passage of time is cruel...

D2ad4ba6-d1f7-4800-86c3-5a64a1f1e50f
joined Jan 15, 2017

Fu k

joined Oct 14, 2016

I gues the final chapter is a time skip a old lily or she's gone already while heath is traveling because of her promise to lily, and make a true story of her travels to tell for lily and proud that its true not a made up like their first meeting.

m glad they manage to reunite in afterlife

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 6:01AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.