Forum › Himegami No Miko discussion

joined Feb 15, 2017

Actually, if the manga followed the novel, we would be quite far away from the part where Chikane gets to the island, but since the manga skipped over and changed a lot of things from the web novel, we are a lot closer to that. Also, one of the differences is that in the web novel, Himeko is getting married to Souma.

Can you give me a link to the Web Novel?

Sorry for the late reply, if you still need it,here is the link:http://www.himegami.com/
But,just a warning,I apologize if you already know,but this is the original text in japanese.
Currently there is no complete english translation of this novel.Only a completed chinese translation.But, the first part was translated into english back in 2010 to 2012.
Here is the blog that translated those:https://kongetsume.wordpress.com/

last edited at Dec 26, 2021 5:38PM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

This probably has to be the most intelligent and cunning version of Himeko I've ever read. It's like through each reincarnation she gains 50 IQ points!

This is so enjoyable.~

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I still remember how Sumio Uetake, the guy who wrote the original Himegami webnovel (this manga is an adaptation of that novel) stopped writing the novel after the "Himeko killed Chikane" cliffhanger. He stopped writing for over a year, so most people thought that was the ending. Talk about a downer. Then, when almost everyone had forgotten about it, he resumed and completed the story. Such a tease.

I'm glad Kaishaku decided to adapt it. It's not a 100% faithful adaptation but it's pretty good all the same.

last edited at Dec 26, 2021 7:50PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Reading the forums for this as somebody who's never read the (apparently) numerous prequels is a little surreal, because I'm like "whoa fighting scenes, cool" and then I go into the forums and read stuff like "Ah yes, just like her 27th reincarnation, you can also see her channeling the 15th and 8th reincarnations in the elegance of her stance, though I would have like to see more of the 32nd. The rooftop fight scene in the 32nd where they channel the spirit of the 7 dragons and rain lightning down on each other was truly amazing, IMO the pinnacle among all the preceding reincarnations because it really distilled the essence their internal alignments into a single climactic battle." Like alright, cool I guess

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Reading the forums for this as somebody who's never read the (apparently) numerous prequels is a little surreal, because I'm like "whoa fighting scenes, cool" and then I go into the forums and read stuff like "Ah yes, just like her 27th reincarnation, you can also see her channeling the 15th and 8th reincarnations in the elegance of her stance, though I would have like to see more of the 32nd. The rooftop fight scene in the 32nd where they channel the spirit of the 7 dragons and rain lightning down on each other was truly amazing, IMO the pinnacle among all the preceding reincarnations because it really distilled the essence their internal alignments into a single climactic battle." Like alright, cool I guess

Yes, yes, totally this for the new yuri enthusiasts. ~ Glad you've discovered this classic.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Can these two go one lifetime without doing some crazy, messed up emotional manipulation to the other?

joined Sep 11, 2019

Can these two go one lifetime without doing some crazy, messed up emotional manipulation to the other?

The wheel of fate turns this way.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

The wheel of fate turns this way.

“The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills”

joined Oct 25, 2010

I hope they can one day achieve their eternal happiness and love where they can always be together! Chikane and Himeko are drawn to each other no matter what world they are on !

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Loving this fresh take on Himeko's character. So many devious expressions from her that we've never seen before.

I like the reveal that it actually took quite a while before Himeko actually return Chikane's feelings and that she was terrified the entire time (which makes more sense from a realistic pov)

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

This probably has to be the most intelligent and cunning version of Himeko I've ever read. It's like through each reincarnation she gains 50 IQ points!

And then maybe when she's smart enough, she can figure out a way to get out of this cycle of fate?

Lmaooo, I’m just glad there are no damn Transformers in this one.

joined Aug 15, 2015

"Without her finding out"? Didn't she know that she saw the notebook before the ceremony?

joined Dec 17, 2021

Yeah! Daring rescue! And there's only a 30/70 chance of them dying together in the process.

joined Aug 23, 2011

Hopefully they smash and not die

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

honestly it almost feels like next chapter the god is going to be like "alright fair enough, you've done this exact song and dance enough times at this point, sure the island will be swallowed whole and many people will die but I can't blame you for not wanting do this anymore"

joined Jun 9, 2018

So mc murders her girlfriend???? shit... this is the first time i see something like this.

joined Oct 23, 2016

If this ever gets a anime adaptation, I hope it gets an English dub with Stephanie Sheh and Michelle Ruff voicing Himeko and Chikane again. Would be AMAZING~

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oh god and suddenly we're back to potential tragedy again. Pleaseee happy ending!!

This was a beautiful chapter tho

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I'm high enough rn that Kaishaku's art looks like more-reasonably-proportioned Love Live (muse/aqours generations) art

joined Feb 1, 2019

I have never, not even once in my entire life suffered as much as I suffered while reading this manga, I'm not even lying I just felt so much. God what a masterpiece it is.

Untitled-1%20copy2
joined Feb 4, 2012

This was a really nice chapter, I'm liking this Himeko, but I wonder what will they do.

Also, that credits page, I never imagined to see Solar's words in there.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

ya'll better not double sudoku!

joined Jun 3, 2020

Of course their first kiss would happen when one of them has blood on her mouth! It really captures the essence of their relationship.

joined May 24, 2014

They are SO dead.

To reply you must either login or sign up.