Forum › Himegami No Miko discussion

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

Ok so the last chapter was a flashback, but it is still kinda confusing. These last two chapters don't feel like a natural progression from all that angsty and the "we need to have a conversation about consent" stuff that they said they's deliver. It is liek they're disjointed scenes the author planned but didn't know how to make them work together. I give up on trying to make sense of this storyline, i'll just be here for the girls kissing.

last edited at Aug 3, 2021 11:44PM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Remember to not get overzealous with the magic wand tool.

joined Apr 3, 2021

Looks more like spot healing to me.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Umm... What...? I'm confused..
What happened here? Did Himeko really answer...? No, right? I'll assume it was only her imagination, since it didn't seem like she was really there, but...

All of this feels kind of disjointed. And I'm referring to the series as a whole, not this chapter alone. The author is jumping from one thing to another and the progression of the plot is way too rushed. Btw, was the previous chapter an extra? Cause it certainly gave that impression and, if it wasn't, it really wasn't a good idea to just.. randomly throw that in there...
I haven't read the original (or how many other remakes of their story have been made, I've no idea XD), so I wouldn't know if it was any better. But this isn't very good...? I'm having a hard time following the plot, which... is a bit ironic since there doesn't seem to be much plot....

Whatever, I just wanna see them kill each other, *ahem*, see how it ends.

ckretaznmayden
__sakura_futaba_persona_and_persona_5_drawn_by_kion_kun__d693cf24f18f5565a7cc666e236df3fc
joined Apr 9, 2019

Is the diary a ploy to convince Chikane to kill Himeko in order to fulfill their purpose and serve as an inversion of THAT scene/plan in Kannazuki?

What happened here? Did Himeko really answer...? No, right? I'll assume it was only her imagination, since it didn't seem like she was really there, but...

The next panel shows an empty doorway.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

The next panel shows an empty doorway.

True, I just thought, maybe she came and left real quickly...? lol

...Please forget you ever read this, it's embarrassing
This is why I should pay more attention to what I write before commenting, geez...!

I think the fact that I'm not very invested in this story played a great part in how easily I accepted such a stupid thought as a possibility...

last edited at Oct 6, 2021 7:07AM

7ed8179f-0072-4d02-8762-2d6b2c9974b6
joined Mar 28, 2021

What a Shocking plot Twist, Souma probably placed a fake Diary on Himeko in an attempt to Gaslight Chikane, but that is grasping at straws. It kinda sucks we get a 1st Person narrative from Chikane POV, I would like to know what other characters are thinking.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I haven't read the original (or how many other remakes of their story have been made, I've no idea XD), so I wouldn't know if it was any better. But this isn't very good...? I'm having a hard time following the plot, which... is a bit ironic since there doesn't seem to be much plot....

the original was an ok anime the plot was poorly developed and the bad guys were subpar but the relationship was solid. There was this will they-won´t they feeling about them , there was some hints of himeko being in love wih chikane but since chikane didn´t have the raw strenght nor the mecha (like souma) it felt like she was being left behind despite her efforts to support himeko .So the end was a rollercoaester of emotions
without the context the characters feel a bit empy and now that their relationship seems to be set in stone the story feels kind of boring

last edited at Aug 5, 2021 2:45PM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Looks more like spot healing to me.

Yes, that's what I meant. I dunno why I thought magic wand tool.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I'm not sure if this series is kinda bad or kinda good
But I couldn't stop reading it

I love Chikane and Himeko but I wish the author didn’t just solely rely on the fact that we(some of us not all) love the two girls from the original anime. The plot, the progression, the character development is just not there. This could be so much better than it is.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

the original was an ok anime the plot was poorly developed and the bad guys were subpar but the relationship was solid. There was this will they-won´t they feeling about them , there was some hints of himeko being in love wih chikane but since chikane didn´t have the raw strenght nor the mecha (like souma) it felt like she was being left behind despite her efforts to support himeko .So the end was a rollercoaester of emotions
without the context the characters feel a bit empy and now that their relationship seems to be set in stone the story feels kind of boring

I actually decided to watch the anime after all, and I'd say I pretty much agree with you. The original was still quite lacking in terms of plot, the villains were indeed completely unconvincing, it really didn't need a "long lost brother" (like, seriously...?) and, heck, even if I liked mecha (which I don't), the battles were excruciatingly repetitive. But the relationship between the main leads felt way more real in that one, I think. Also, I kinda enjoyed the whole love triangle with Souma. Even though triangles aren't my thing, and Souma annoyed the hell out of me with all his shouting, I felt that it kinda worked and gave greater justification for Chikane's angst and denial.

I love Chikane and Himeko but I wish the author didn’t just solely rely on the fact that we(some of us not all) love the two girls from the original anime. The plot, the progression, the character development is just not there. This could be so much better than it is.

That's the feeling I got too: before watching the original, I just couldn't get a feel for the characters, it was as though the author was expecting me to already know them. And now I can clearly see how they decided to remove a lot of the crap that had been crammed into the original (mecha), only there doesn't seem to be anything left. Also, changing the perspective to Chikane was a fresh idea on its own, since it's not often we get the cool black-haired girl's perspective, rather than the bubbly useless light-haired one's, but this unfortunately removed the benefit of being the protagonist from Himeko, thus reducing her to simply being bubbly and useless....

Is the diary a ploy to convince Chikane to kill Himeko in order to fulfill their purpose and serve as an inversion of THAT scene/plan in Kannazuki?

That does seem very plausible. Though, on the matter of THAT scene, may I say, why the heck was Chikane simply excused after doing something like that?! Yes, obviously Himeko also liked her, and I get that the writer probably just wanted to have the plot twist of the plot twist with "oh, she wasn't actually evil, she just needed to make Himeko hate her", which... no.

PS. Sorry for writing an essay

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Plot, characters...blah blah, this is KnM lite after all.

More importantly, the sweet gap

joined Oct 25, 2010

I have always enjoyed this pair ! I hope they can love each other as deeply as they wish. Kaishaku caught my heart long ago when I first met Himeko and Chikane in Destiny of the Shrine Maidens.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I see the latest chapter is up on MD, things seem to be progressing quickly now

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

These two again??!! Yaaaay, cos I was reading one spin off with them..they were..nuns? I don't know but hoooray

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Girl, she can easily check that girl love is real but well she realized soon anyway

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

I knew that Himeko was up to no good.

joined Jun 3, 2020

Meta Twist! We were all waiting to see how would Chikane screw-up this time, but it was actually Himeko all along!

joined May 24, 2014

Oh, What a TWIST!

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

I was never a fan of sad endings, but I stuck with KnM because it was beautiful and the relationship was well-built. But this...there's no trade-off. I don't know who this story is supposed to target anymore. It's just that poorly written.

Will these two ever get a happy ending that doesn't involve murder?

joined Feb 15, 2017

Fun fact: what was written in himeko’s diary was mostly transcribed from the original himegami no miko web novel, which I think is much better than the manga.

last edited at Nov 15, 2021 6:08AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

i know it's so cliche, that those ripped pages in the diary probably held Himeko's true feelings of love, and that there's a high chance of a bad end like the original, but I can't help but be engaged and enjoy the same rollercoaster ride. There's just something that keeps me coming back.

I did enjoy the twist of Himeko being the sneaky one this time. I don't think her character has ever been portrayed this way before. I'm still having fun and looking forward to see if the author will follow the end of the original or let them live happily together somehow haha. Maybe the twist ending this time will be with a double death xD

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

i know it's so cliche, that those ripped pages in the diary probably held Himeko's true feelings of love, and that there's a high chance of a bad end like the original, but I can't help but be engaged and enjoy the same rollercoaster ride. There's just something that keeps me coming back.

I did enjoy the twist of Himeko being the sneaky one this time. I don't think her character has ever been portrayed this way before. I'm still having fun and looking forward to see if the author will follow the end of the original or let them live happily together somehow haha. Maybe the twist ending this time will be with a double death xD

Agreed about the ripped pages. There's always a twist on a twist. Real love underneath something fake and performed.

Also agreed on the double death. The way that Chikane called Himeko her sunshine. Like, the most cathartic end is for her to murder the heck out of Himeko, then kill herself because the world isn't worth living in if love was all a lie.

Of course, then where would we find out the love twist. Maybe not the most cathartic.

I do have a love/hate relationship with doomed to tragedy stories. I'm just the kind of sucker who reads the tale of these two over and over again, I guess.

joined Sep 11, 2019

You can't give me the three bits of text at the bottom of https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/himegami_no_miko_ch10#30 and expect me to not think of "I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!"

To reply you must either login or sign up.