Forum › You, My Double discussion

Images%20(1)
joined Jun 11, 2020

Bro wtf it gotten me chill all overr

Istockphoto-615619820-170667a%20-%20copy
joined Nov 1, 2021

Loved this. Would love to see a follow up. Messed up stories like this are the best

Same here. I ve read this like 10 times now and it still give me chills. Cute wholesome yuri is good shit, but every now and then some fucked up stories are so damn good!

joined Aug 27, 2021

I- UMM... WELL UMMMM MA'AM- WHAT?

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016
  • Thinks a girl is creepy
  • Ultimately fell in love with her
  • "Gross"

Considering the angsty comments section, am I the only one who immediately saw similarities to Emoji XD

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Well. Creepy psychological, fine. Mini-twist at the end. But somehow . . . and maybe it's not so much this particular one, maybe I've just realized something about how I feel about this kind of schtick in general . . . but it didn't have impact, because I found myself thinking "This is facile, I don't think real damaged people think like this, I don't think this particular kind of creepy reflects anyone's real psychology".

I felt like the "ugly" girl's character was interesting, and while not exactly a 1:1 representation of any real person, it worked as a dramatically exaggerated version of a very real mindset.

The other girl, though... I agree, it felt a little bit hollow to me if you take it at face value (no pun intended). It was maybe a bit too literal and basic in favor of being twisted. Like, "I'm a narcissist so I want to have sex with myself" is kind of reductive to the point that it isn't really interesting. On the other hand, "you look like me so I'm into you" could be more of an expression of an idea like "you are obsessed with me, and I am excited by the fact that your adoration/envy for me is so strong that it ruined you". I think that's a little more like an exaggeration of the way some people really experience attraction.

Good point.

As a fat chick myself, her feelings made sense. Man I hope I don't look creepy like that as an adult. But I usually tried to not to look at anyone for long. Felt like I could give off vibes like that though.

Yeah this is an autism vibe as well. "Stealing" phrases, mannerisms, and quirks for masking purposes is totally a reasonable survival strategy. But I could see it going into this unhealthy/scary territory if you completely gave up on and cut off your real self, as our MC clearly did

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

My god that was unpleasant to read. I want to throw up

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 5:51PM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Hmmm, I think she's in danger. Ha!

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

a little bit of creepiness shouldnt hurt am i right

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

What a twist, I like it.

joined Jun 9, 2018

why

That was one of the most delicious "why"
This is sad, having so much mistrust in one's appearance to the point of having plastic surgery. The only thing one needs to be beautiful is good health, nutrition and proper rest. Also, selfcest?? somehow??

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 7:03AM

pumpkinmonster
Ea068ec8502133f96ff1a1123008a767
joined Mar 26, 2020

the woman was too stunned to speak

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I thought this was a fine twist-ending oneshot. The problem (for me, anyway) with this sort of thing as a longer series is that, unless the writer wants to flip the tone from creepy to fluffy, they’d need to keep upping the dysfunctional ante, and horrifying romance just isn’t my cup of tea.

As to this being unrealistic, I tend to see stories like this as the psychological equivalent of science fiction (without the science)—a kind of ‘what if’ or ‘imagine that’ rather than an attempt to depict how a real-life situation would work.

2%20-%20jmdagff
joined Aug 31, 2014

It was kind of scary at the end but I really loved it, it was kind of funny, creepy and exciting

joined Apr 6, 2018

yoooo okaaay, that was unhealthy but the premise could lead somewhere better or not. it has potential!

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I got the same feeling after reading this just like when I watched "Basic Instinct"

Inkede_li-convertimage%20(1)
joined May 10, 2018

wasn't expecting a story like this... but i loved it

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

If you find it interesting, you should know that this author has an ongoing serialized work https://mangadex.org/title/efbe8420-9c1a-4f06-8a81-f52f19b8eb34/yoarashi-ni-warau disclaimer... lots of hard bullying involved

This one-shot was pretty ridiculous, but, I mean, now, this Yoarashi no Warau thing is just completely absurd… looking forward to more for sure. I don’t know why only the first, fifth, and sixth chapters are translated, but, alright, I guess I’ll wait for the second one then.

last edited at Mar 4, 2022 9:33PM

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Called the twist halfway through! I feel proud of myself. Now I'm off to take a cold shower.

joined Jan 10, 2021

Blown my mind

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Um? Not wholesome? I need a palette cleanser omg

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

The ending felt very... I don't know if "contrived" is the right word, but it just felt so blah. Like if it was going in that direction, I think it would have been more interesting for Riho to reveal to MC that she knew while they were having sex, and gradually telling her that because MC has her face, she is now her's, or something like that

joined Jun 25, 2020

Disturbing as fuck, I LOVE IT.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I wasn’t expecting the “creepy” tag to play that way in the end, so I guess that’s still a win in the surprise department. :o

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Should have seen this coming because the black hair girl looks like Kronii lol

You might be onto something here…

My exact same thought!! We all know how much Kronii loves herself lmao

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Oooh very nice! Now this was an interesting read. It's always great seeing these kinds of stories instead of the usual wholesome stuff.

To reply you must either login or sign up.