Dynasty
joined May 1, 2020

Wow i never knew cannibalism could be so intimate

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

:(

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

She didn't HAVE to get married to that guy. Literally nothing stops her from just staying with her girlfriend.

joined Mar 4, 2017

She didn't HAVE to get married to that guy. Literally nothing stops her from just staying with her girlfriend.

I mean, if they live in a particularly patriarchal society there might be a lot preventing them from staying together. She likely has very little choice in the matter.

Unless you protest like hell in societies like this, if a man wants to marry a women and her parents agree it's basically a done deal. They don't even ask her, they just tell her and she usually accepts it because she doesn't know what else to do. It's sad and fucked, but it's also life.

joined Mar 6, 2018

I think it's pretty clear that this is supposed to either take place in a time or a place where people did not have the freedom to be with whoever they choose, especially women. We don't see any cellphones or anything electricity related and traveling also seems to be quite problematic and no car/jeep is shown - so yeah, while this might not explicitly say "it's the year 1500 AD" or something, it's quite clearly established

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

so uhh what kind of eating are we meaning at the end there...?

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 2:23PM

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

literally or sexually?

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Yummy

joined Jan 13, 2021

I began to reread this story to appreciate the tragedy of it all and maybe get a better grip on Azuran's character, but the whole 'you look cuter when you uncover your ears' scene just made me giggle uncontrollably, because now I can't help thinking this entire affair was just a very long, elaborate plan by Azuran to snack on an earlobe.

FreedomandJustice
joined Jun 16, 2020

Yup I think she ate her.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

literally or sexually?

Literally. Look at Yuri's earlobe at the very start of the chapter, before the flashback.

This story really is the perfect mix of beautiful, sad, intimate, and slightly fucked-up. And the art is gorgeous.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

Girl got Mike Tyson'd

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Pain,,,

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I take from this that Azuran's love was actually much stronger (or more intense) than Yuri's and she felt that if she stayed, it would end in a disaster for Yuri.

She had to leave to protect Yuri. In some societies, marrying girls off to nearby villages is the normal thing to do. Two lesbians eloping wouldn't go far.

But she couldn't bear to leave without a piece of her.

Dramatic, but beautiful.

Thanks for the translation.

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

It’s not your typical anime art style, but it’s still cute, it kinda reminds me of Ghibli style.
Also the fact the Yuri’s ears was the first thing that Azuran noticed on her and also the thing she wanted to eat… I don’t know if it’s kinda scary, cute, intimate, weird or all of the above

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

ouch

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

?

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

So is she like a vampire or something?

joined Apr 17, 2017

She didn't eat her i think, in the first page you see Yuri all grown up saying "On the days the sun is too dazzling I think of the piece of me that has gone to faraway lands". she was just remembering her girlfriend.

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 4:44PM

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

She didn't eat her i think azuran has a earlobe fetish lmao jk but in the first page you see Yuri all grown up saying "On the days the sun is too dazzling I think of the piece of me that has gone to faraway lands" she was just remembering her.

I don't know, Yuri's earlobe looks like it is missing a piece of meat.

last edited at Mar 2, 2022 4:43PM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I take from this that Azuran's love was actually much stronger (or more intense) than Yuri's and she felt that if she stayed, it would end in a disaster for Yuri.

She had to leave to protect Yuri.

Yeah, otherwise who knows when Yuri would end up becoming stew...

joined Apr 17, 2017

She didn't eat her i think azuran has a earlobe fetish lmao jk but in the first page you see Yuri all grown up saying "On the days the sun is too dazzling I think of the piece of me that has gone to faraway lands" she was just remembering her.

I don't know, Yuri's earlobe looks like it is missing a piece of meat.

Oh shoot your right I thought that was just shaded and drawn like that but then I realized young Yuri had round earlobes what the heck azuran. Was it common for gfs to take flesh from eachother back then ??

joined Apr 17, 2017

Would yall say azuran understood the assignment haha

I want a gf to chase sheep in some village til we grow old with too.

Yuri is so cute honestly

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I began to reread this story to appreciate the tragedy of it all and maybe get a better grip on Azuran's character, but the whole 'you look cuter when you uncover your ears' scene just made me giggle uncontrollably, because now I can't help thinking this entire affair was just a very long, elaborate plan by Azuran to snack on an earlobe.

This is the best comment. It made me make happy noises.

I also really like the story. there's so many complex and difficult emotions in it. It's very sad, and beautiful, and there's that dark undercurrent as well. Just the best.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I appreciate the different art and 'Heidi' like setting. I could have lived without the earlobe vore.

To reply you must either login or sign up.