Forum › You, My Double discussion

joined Jun 11, 2016

These two are so damn twisted. They deserve each other really.

I mean Shimamoto (the light haired one) didn't really do anything wrong.

Having surgery to change your life is normal, and while choosing to model your face after a classmate is a bit creepy, she was just trying to improve her life.

joined Jul 24, 2020

I think the "angst" tag should be changed to "garbage"

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

This needs a Narcissism tag. Or would that count as a spoiler?

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

:) evil........delicious

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 4:03PM

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Right off the bat I knew with the whole change your face thing it was going to be bad but damn that ending. Sighs.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Well. Creepy psychological, fine. Mini-twist at the end. But somehow . . . and maybe it's not so much this particular one, maybe I've just realized something about how I feel about this kind of schtick in general . . . but it didn't have impact, because I found myself thinking "This is facile, I don't think real damaged people think like this, I don't think this particular kind of creepy reflects anyone's real psychology".

I felt like the "ugly" girl's character was interesting, and while not exactly a 1:1 representation of any real person, it worked as a dramatically exaggerated version of a very real mindset.

The other girl, though... I agree, it felt a little bit hollow to me if you take it at face value (no pun intended). It was maybe a bit too literal and basic in favor of being twisted. Like, "I'm a narcissist so I want to have sex with myself" is kind of reductive to the point that it isn't really interesting. On the other hand, "you look like me so I'm into you" could be more of an expression of an idea like "you are obsessed with me, and I am excited by the fact that your adoration/envy for me is so strong that it ruined you". I think that's a little more like an exaggeration of the way some people really experience attraction.

joined Jul 6, 2014

These two are so damn twisted. They deserve each other really.

Having surgery to change your life is normal, and while choosing to model your face after a classmate is a bit creepy, she was just trying to improve her life.

While having surgery by itself is normal, it's clear that it was done out of an unnatural obsession with another person.
While not necessarily immoral, it seems like a very destructive and unhealthy choice to make. I don't think "did nothing wrong" is the right way to put it.

All in all it was an interesting story, even if yuri wasn't the main focus.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Well that was an unsettling read.

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Neither of them did anything wrong. It's just that they carry the same unhealthy obsession with a certain face, perhaps to a pathological level. Shimamoto didn't just want to look better, she wanted Shiratori's face specifically in order to become her in every way. That's why she jumped on the opportunity to embrace Shiratori once she thought her secret was safe. Now she can possess 'the real thing', in addition to her own face. These two girls are deeply narcissistic, and their own pretty faces are the only things they care about.

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 1:47PM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Two peas in a pod. Both of them are creepy. It's a good read nonetheless.

catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

Narcissus looking mf

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Well. Creepy psychological, fine. Mini-twist at the end. But somehow . . . and maybe it's not so much this particular one, maybe I've just realized something about how I feel about this kind of schtick in general . . . but it didn't have impact, because I found myself thinking "This is facile, I don't think real damaged people think like this, I don't think this particular kind of creepy reflects anyone's real psychology".

I felt like the "ugly" girl's character was interesting, and while not exactly a 1:1 representation of any real person, it worked as a dramatically exaggerated version of a very real mindset.

The other girl, though... I agree, it felt a little bit hollow to me if you take it at face value (no pun intended). It was maybe a bit too literal and basic in favor of being twisted. Like, "I'm a narcissist so I want to have sex with myself" is kind of reductive to the point that it isn't really interesting. On the other hand, "you look like me so I'm into you" could be more of an expression of an idea like "you are obsessed with me, and I am excited by the fact that your adoration/envy for me is so strong that it ruined you". I think that's a little more like an exaggeration of the way some people really experience attraction.

Good point.

As a fat chick myself, her feelings made sense. Man I hope I don't look creepy like that as an adult. But I usually tried to not to look at anyone for long. Felt like I could give off vibes like that though.

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

this being a oneshot is cruel, i would kill for full adaption of this idea.

Not yuri and not the same premise, but this kinda reminds me of Kasane, a very interesting read.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

As a fat chick myself, her feelings made sense. Man I hope I don't look creepy like that as an adult. But I usually tried to not to look at anyone for long. Felt like I could give off vibes like that though.

Eh, from my experience people will see things where they aren't there and think people are creepy for little reason. I constantly got people thinking I was gonna shoot up my school in middle school, meanwhile I was an anxious dork of a girl who wouldn't hurt a fly. And if just LOOKING at people is enough to set them off, I dunno. Bit much.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, that was creepy. Interesting tho.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If you find it interesting, you should know that this author has an ongoing serialized work https://mangadex.org/title/efbe8420-9c1a-4f06-8a81-f52f19b8eb34/yoarashi-ni-warau disclaimer... lots of hard bullying involved

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Creeepy. Some Asumiko Nakamura vibes. I especially like that last page.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

What. the. fudge.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

insane amount of narcissism

joined Jul 1, 2021

Well... They kinda deserve each other...

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

At first I would have said wtf but since then I've read so many other fucked up manga and yet I still find this interesting fucked up.

Fucking sorry for using too many fucks
Don't give a fuck to my comments just keep scrolling

Fuck I sound like a kid who just learned the word fuck.

joined Apr 28, 2019

ain't no way dude lmfaooo

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Brilliant twist and they certainly deserve each other. I'm fascinated at how enraptured Shiratori was by her own face. The fact that she would call it love hits hard in such a twisted way.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Well, as I always say when both people are twisted, as long as both are happy...

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

If you find it interesting, you should know that this author has an ongoing serialized work https://mangadex.org/title/efbe8420-9c1a-4f06-8a81-f52f19b8eb34/yoarashi-ni-warau disclaimer... lots of hard bullying involved

Oh gosh, this one...

To reply you must either login or sign up.