Forum › Can't Run From My Student discussion

joined Feb 1, 2013

There's something about the art in this one... It's pretty good, I can't shake the feeling that it seriously reminds of SOMETHING else I've come across in the past.

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

There's something about the art in this one... It's pretty good, I can't shake the feeling that it seriously reminds of SOMETHING else I've come across in the past.

COFFMeneaThedogCOFF

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

Doubt anyone else will say it do I'll say it myself, this is freaking cute. Thanks for the update as always Daphie <3

You're welcome! I'm also fawning over how cute this story is!!!

My faith is absolutely justified. Thanks again.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

sensei: "help, smol girl is trying to get me to break the law, and i want to keep my job and also not be in jail"

joined Sep 6, 2018

Second chapter didn’t seem to progress the story. Maybe he should meet the parents! During parent/teacher conference?

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

sensei: "help, smol girl is trying to get me to break the law, and i want to keep my job and also not be in jail"

i laughed at this one!!!

Second chapter didn’t seem to progress the story. Maybe he should meet the parents! During parent/teacher conference?

that'd be quick, haha, don't be in too much of a hurry, it's still a manga with an author behind who's probably hoping to sell a bunch of chapters, haha!

joined Jul 23, 2014

Liking this one a lot

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

Liking this one a lot

yes same, its so cute i cant wait for more

joined Mar 15, 2015

I love age gap, but responsible student x useless adult teacher has been overdone and feels bland

In all fairness, having an age gap romance in which the younger party is relatively mature and the older party is relatively immature helps mitigate some of the power imbalance issues in the romance, although there's still the fact that this is also a student-teacher romance, which has its own issues.

joined Feb 2, 2019

I think one of the most palatable ways to handle a couple with power imbalance is for the person with the least power to be the most gung-ho about the relationship while the one with the power is more adverse to the idea.

I guess it shows that their power wasn't misused to manipulate the other person.

joined Sep 1, 2021

feels empty after reading it doesnt sparkle anthing in me quite boring
or its just me probably just me because im not used to this kind of stories i just wanted to try to see if things changed also i was tempted by the comments but nope

i wonder if everyone has the right to criqutize things cant i rate it objectivaly i think no one can there is no such thing everyone looks from their persp right?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It just feels pretty generic.

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Loving this, super cute stuff <3 Thanks as always Daphie.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

You're welcome, I'm happy I've got you who's happy about this manga, lol, because it seems to be getting a "generic" reception otherwise. It's so good though, it feels like such delicious fast food for anyone craving age-gap stories like I do, haha!

joined Mar 15, 2015

I think one of the most palatable ways to handle a couple with power imbalance is for the person with the least power to be the most gung-ho about the relationship while the one with the power is more adverse to the idea.

I guess it shows that their power wasn't misused to manipulate the other person.

That's true, and it's probably why, in most teacher-student romances I've read, the student is the one asking the teacher out.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

but yeah my first defense of the teacher if I was in that situation is to state how illegal it is, not to mention the morality issues behind it. I'm pretty sure even just dating a college student let alone a high schooler is bad. pretty sure irl, if the teacher was a decent person, they'd be weirded out. but yeah, that's reality rather than manga. wonder if there will be any twists later on.

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

You're welcome, I'm happy I've got you who's happy about this manga, lol, because it seems to be getting a "generic" reception otherwise. It's so good though, it feels like such delicious fast food for anyone craving age-gap stories like I do, haha!

Yeah, and honestly even if it might feel generic (I guess teacher x student is as old as they come), the entire thing is so sweet that I just don't care about it (like with a lot of yuri series here too but whoops maybe I shouldn't say that). In any case, thanks for keeping up with it and hope you don't get discouraged by the cold reception <3

joined Apr 19, 2020

Teachers dating students does happen irl sometimes, though it's definitely weird. One of my friends' parents had a relationship like that.

The marriage fell apart later incidentally.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Teachers dating students does happen irl sometimes, though it's definitely weird. One of my friends' parents had a relationship like that.

The marriage fell apart later incidentally.

Most do though, nowadays... So that's barely an indicator. Just the fact that the relationship went as far as marriage ain't too shabby, if I had to say. Unless, it was a toxic relationship from the get-go, hahaha!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm pretty sure even just dating a college student let alone a high schooler is bad.

I’m not sure what you’re saying here—sure, teachers shouldn’t date their students, as part of the general rule that people (in real life as opposed to fiction) with workplace power shouldn’t date people they have, or may potentially have, power over.

But are you arguing that a high school teacher shouldn’t date a college student? If the issue is the age gap, what degree of age gap (discounting any official power differential) would be acceptable?

(Stipulating that I’ve known real-life age-gap couples of a number of different varieties, and that I’m generally fine with non-abusive age gaps in fiction.)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Eh... a student who married his older teacher is currently France's President, they are still happily married and a couple with a really strong bond. You can think whatever about them, but I find it highly respectable, because they went against all of society. A man marrying a woman 24 years older than him is a lot rarer (and considered weird) than the other way around.

So, teacher x student should be fine, as long as nothing happens before majority.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm liking it.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Okayu

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Gotta love Pres being on the attack. Thanks as always Daphie <3

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Gotta love Pres being on the attack. Thanks as always Daphie <3

On the attack, yes, but also sheepish at times and bit leery of certain physical contact, which given her usual bulldog assertiveness was pretty cute.

I think it’s hilarious that she’s such a juggernaut about such an inappropriate relationship (it wouldn’t take all much of a tweak for a character like this to turn full yandere, not that I think it’ll happen here).

To reply you must either login or sign up.