Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

joined Feb 1, 2021

"Indicating how cute your swimsuit is by poking the bare skin of your upper breast is totally normal."

I'm Mako and I approve this message.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

How do they have not figured out they both like each other with that end of chapter like c'mon bruh

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

this monthly release is killing me

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Idiot couple tag when? :3

idiot love interest in this case because Nagisa is very on top of her own emotions and knows what she wants, but Mashiro just keeps going "oh but she can't possibly mean love as in LOVE" "she can't possibly like me THAT way" haha

but yeah like at this point Nagisa has for real confessed at least twice already and fully assumes she has gotten a positive answer so really all we have to do is wait for Nagisa to go in for a kiss, at which point Mashiro will have to either accept the fact that she's being an idiot or she'll have to start making some truly amazing leaps of logic. Either way I'm certain this story will do it in a way that will be enjoyable to see.

I keep wondering if the translation isn't a bit overzealous. I haven't seen the raws, so I can't say for sure, but it's a common thing in stories like this for the characters to use "suki" (like) to describe their feelings at early stages of a relationship. Even "daisuki" actually means "like a lot" rather than "love" and can be used for friends as well as lovers. The tendency to use this word is part of the cultural habit in Japan to understate emotional bonds.

I'm pretty sure all of Nagisa's "love" comments are "like" comments in the original Japanese. The translator is interpreting it as "love" because that's what she means, but the story depends on the ambiguity of "I like you" to keep Mashiro's reactions plausible.

So we end up getting Nagisa going "I love her" "I love you" "We're in love" and Mashiro keeps responding with "If only she liked me as more than friends."

But like I said, I haven't seen the raws, it could be Nagisa keep using "aishiteru" and Mashiro has some kind of deep seated denial for some reason.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Idiot couple tag when? :3

idiot love interest in this case because Nagisa is very on top of her own emotions and knows what she wants, but Mashiro just keeps going "oh but she can't possibly mean love as in LOVE" "she can't possibly like me THAT way" haha

but yeah like at this point Nagisa has for real confessed at least twice already and fully assumes she has gotten a positive answer so really all we have to do is wait for Nagisa to go in for a kiss, at which point Mashiro will have to either accept the fact that she's being an idiot or she'll have to start making some truly amazing leaps of logic. Either way I'm certain this story will do it in a way that will be enjoyable to see.

I keep wondering if the translation isn't a bit overzealous. I haven't seen the raws, so I can't say for sure, but it's a common thing in stories like this for the characters to use "suki" (like) to describe their feelings at early stages of a relationship. Even "daisuki" actually means "like a lot" rather than "love" and can be used for friends as well as lovers. The tendency to use this word is part of the cultural habit in Japan to understate emotional bonds.

I'm pretty sure all of Nagisa's "love" comments are "like" comments in the original Japanese. The translator is interpreting it as "love" because that's what she means, but the story depends on the ambiguity of "I like you" to keep Mashiro's reactions plausible.

So we end up getting Nagisa going "I love her" "I love you" "We're in love" and Mashiro keeps responding with "If only she liked me as more than friends."

But like I said, I haven't seen the raws, it could be Nagisa keep using "aishiteru" and Mashiro has some kind of deep seated denial for some reason.

that is true, and you're probably right. But I am pretty sure that Nagisa at least thinks she has fully confessed already and thinks she has gotten a positive answer. Mashiro is for sure downplaying every bit of affection she's getting because she just cannot be certain that what Nagisa means is actually love.

But what I'm banking on is that Nagisa just fully thinks they're already in a relationship at this point and that Mashiro will get her moment of realization when Nagisa does something you'd really only do with a lover.

6631e8220bec2737023f64d8a2b36b99
joined Jul 20, 2020

The wait for updates is agonizing but so worth it. This is one of the best stories ever.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

but yeah like at this point Nagisa has for real confessed at least twice already and fully assumes she has gotten a positive answer so really all we have to do is wait for Nagisa to go in for a kiss, at which point Mashiro will have to either accept the fact that she's being an idiot or she'll have to start making some truly amazing leaps of logic.

Well, she's already making those, so it wouldn't be that much of a surprise really XD

I could totally imagine her thinking something along the lines of: "Oh, this is just a greeting in the West" (which... it isn't actually? Like, where did manga artists even pick this up from? But that's besides the point). I'm actually waiting for the moment Nagisa does go in for the kiss. It'd be so funny, with how Masshiro is still completely oblivious (somehow) lol

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

in France and surrounding countries people will sometimes kiss people they are close to on the cheek when they meet up. But you know that sure still isn't a kiss on the lips which even here you only do with people that are your lover

last edited at Jan 24, 2022 8:31PM

joined Dec 11, 2021

I really love this manga for how wholesome it is. There is no third wheeler, and we have seen progress in the MC relationship. I know Mashiro's father will accept their relationship since he has seen how happy Mashiro is whenever she talks about Nagisa. Now we have 3 ships so far.

MCs ship which is going very well. I hope to see more if the author draw a chapter for that date just the two of them. And I beg of you author, dont k!ll Mashiro pls let her be happy with nagisa.

Second ship is the prez and the nurse. They love each other tho the nurse is the only one holding herself back until the prez graduate.

Third ship spotted recently. Riri and Ami. I didnt remember Ami's name tbh cause she wasnt a relevant character. The prez doesn't have any interest in Riri so F. I hope the author can give these two some time cause it's the best for Riri to fall for Ami and forget about the prez.

last edited at Jan 25, 2022 3:18AM

joined Dec 5, 2019

"that's what people in love do right?"
"Oh geez if only she loved me"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

in France and surrounding countries people will sometimes kiss people they are close to on the cheek when they meet up. But you know that sure still isn't a kiss on the lips which even here you only do with people that are your lover

Yeah, that's what I meant. In my country as well, kissing on the cheeks is a very common greeting gesture, but certainly not on the lips?! Every time I read that in a manga I can't help but wonder if they really think that happens or they just use it because it's convenient for the plot...

joined Sep 7, 2021

The start of chapter 2 made me laugh when she said, she'd make herself fall in love so as not to have any regrets.. I get that it's hard to be happy for the fact that she did a good thing when her education took a hit over it but using someone to fill that hole, doesn't feel right. Honestly this poor girl doesn't owe the MC anything. It's not right. Anyone feel that or am I well off?

joined Sep 7, 2021

Okay finished reading volume one. Really enjoyed so far.
I feel like Nagisa might have a slight crush on Mashiro.

joined Jun 21, 2021

The start of chapter 2 made me laugh when she said, she'd make herself fall in love so as not to have any regrets.. I get that it's hard to be happy for the fact that she did a good thing when her education took a hit over it but using someone to fill that hole, doesn't feel right. Honestly this poor girl doesn't owe the MC anything. It's not right. Anyone feel that or am I well off?

I think like would’ve been more appropriate there, but there must have been something in the original text that made them use love instead.

That’s also some weird metaphysical location that doesn’t seem really connected to the real story, so maybe it was supposed to be foreshadowing or something

Either way it’s pretty clear in the actual story early on her main goal is trying to like her in the sense that she just doesn’t get mad or annoyed when interacting with her, not actually trying to fall in love lol

joined Oct 2, 2021

Poke poke Nagisas' lovely boobies Mashiro-chan.
You'll be kissing them before too long.

If you weren't as dense as a black hole.

last edited at Jan 26, 2022 1:23AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yeah, that's what I meant. In my country as well, kissing on the cheeks is a very common greeting gesture, but certainly not on the lips?! Every time I read that in a manga I can't help but wonder if they really think that happens or they just use it because it's convenient for the plot...

I don't think most authors think kissing on the lips casually is a thing in most countries (though apparently it's a thing in South Africa?) but it probably comes across as plausible? Most people don't know about kissing traditions in other countries. So it becomes an excuse. Like, if you've got a gay character who is afraid they've overextended themselves, it's an attempt to pass off their clearly gay behavior as something innocent. If you've got a character who is afraid of getting their hopes up, it becomes a way to dismiss a clear signal. It capitalizes on people not knowing much about foreign cultures. And because plenty of people actually don't know much about foreign cultures, occasionally it probably turns into disinformation.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I love this series and I just found out that they're the same mangaka as The Aquatope on White Sand. So was the anime yuri-ish or just platonic pals saving the aquarium?

joined Feb 1, 2021

I love this series and I just found out that they're the same mangaka as The Aquatope on White Sand. So was the anime yuri-ish or just platonic pals saving the aquarium?

I thought the Aquatope on White Sand manga was an adaptation of the anime rather than vice versa though.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I thought the Aquatope on White Sand manga was an adaptation of the anime rather than vice versa though.

It is and i don't think they implied anything to the contrary, they just said that the artist who draws Anemone is the same who drew the Aquatope manga.

To their question, you don't need shipping goggles to see the bolded, italicized and underscored subtext in Aquatope but it all stays firmly in "so super affectionate, we're basically sisters" territory with no romantic developments whatsoever, much to my dismay.

last edited at Feb 20, 2022 1:09PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It is and i don't think they implied anything to the contrary, they just said that the artist who draws Anemone is the same who drew the Aquatope manga.

To their question, you don't need shipping goggles to see the bolded, italicized and underscored subtext in Aquatope but it all stays firmly in "so super affectionate, we're basically sisters" territory with no romantic developments whatsoever, much to my dismay.

Gal pals building their lives around each other forever and ever. That kind of subtext.

I got the impression that at first the anime was working toward a yuri romance relationship, then it swerved away to become just workplace drama, then swerved back to "hard subtext" at the end. All that perhaps suggesting the producers getting cold feet about an explicit yuri story.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Gal pals building their lives around each other forever and ever. That kind of subtext.

I got the impression that at first the anime was working toward a yuri romance relationship, then it swerved away to become just workplace drama, then swerved back to "hard subtext" at the end. All that perhaps suggesting the producers getting cold feet about an explicit yuri story.

I agree. They literally spent the entire first cour building up their relationship only to not really do anything with it in the second one. And there were enough opportunities to do so, they just didn't utilize them at all, was kinda disappointing and felt like they went "welp, this is done and over with, no need to ever bring it back up again".

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I agree. They literally spent the entire first cour building up their relationship only to not really do anything with it in the second one. And there were enough opportunities to do so, they just didn't utilize them at all, was kinda disappointing and felt like they went "welp, this is done and over with, no need to ever bring it back up again".

Yay! Thanks. Saved me the time. I was traumatized with Amanchu before so I avoid watching anime similar to that. Lol

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Wow thank goodness the blonde vice president with unrequited feelings towards a dark haired president, was able to get a younger, short haired, spontaneous genki girl who cherishes her more

Now where have I heard that plot before

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Does this count as mutual wingmanship?

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

good to see Kuori getting her government assigned girlfriend since her first love isn't working out, haha

In a way it will always be funny to me when in a yuri story a girl is rejected and is then promptly given a new love interest for the trouble

The real speedrun strat in a yuri manga is immediately confessing your love first chapter, getting rejected and then hooking up with the next girl who talks to you because that seems to be the most reliable way to get a girlfriend at this point haha

last edited at Feb 24, 2022 3:12PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.