Forum › Akebi-chan's Sailor Uniform discussion

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

Akebi on dynasty? Nice

joined Jul 26, 2016

Oh hell yes, the artist totally flexing and I'm not even mad series uwu

joined Oct 22, 2021

This series always feels weird to me. Sometimes standard cute stuff... and sometimes very vouyeristic. It's especially weird due to how childish the MC is, but still, sometimes an enjoyable read. And nice art!

Tumblr_messaging_p85l43ndwo1urvydc_1280
joined Mar 15, 2017

chekcs upload date october 1 2022 damn this year went by faster than i thought

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I'm only seven chapters in right now, and I know this is subtext but hot damn if this series isn't giving me incredibly strong Akebi Komechi is everyone's childhood crush vibes like, I'm half joking but this class is going to have a reunion ten years after they've graduated and all of them are going to be like "yeah I'm a lesbian now because of Akebi, she was my first crush" haha

last edited at Jan 18, 2022 2:54PM

Epbkw3exuain6kj
joined May 19, 2021

wait what? October 31? damn... who's gonna fix that?
oh it's fixed

last edited at Jan 18, 2022 3:32PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BreadBunny posted:

I'm only seven chapters in right now, and I know this is subtext but hot damn if this series isn't giving me incredibly strong Akebi Komechi is everyone's childhood crush vibes like, I'm half joking but this class is going to have a reunion ten years after they've graduated and all of them are going to be like "yeah I'm a lesbian now because of Akebi, she was my first crush" haha

I'm up to date with the latest chapters and without spoiling anything... yeah it do be like that most of the times.

And the author will keep flexing hard anatomy, movement, beauty and risky shots! A LOT you gonna need to pause the reading and take deep breaths sometimes.

It's a wonderful work

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

BreadBunny posted:

I'm up to date with the latest chapters and without spoiling anything... yeah it do be like that most of the times.

And the author will keep flexing hard anatomy, movement, beauty and risky shots! A LOT you gonna need to pause the reading and take deep breaths sometimes.

It's a wonderful work

God fucking damnit I spelled Akebi's name wrong it's Komichi not Komechi and now that my comment's been quoted I'll never be able to get rid of this stain on my record. haha

But yeah as I continue through this story, I can be proud of getting the vibes right on this one. Akebi really does just get everyone to crush on her. Good vibes only for this girl

last edited at Jan 18, 2022 5:02PM

Diana Cavendish
Diana
joined Jun 3, 2020

I LOVE THIS MANGA GLAD THIS IS HERE i might as well re-read it until the next chapter comes out.. Also the art is truly amazing im so envious of the artist´s drawing skills.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's been a while since I started reading, I get to enjoy the anime with an almost fresh feeling and once the episode is aired, I go back to the manga and read till the point where the anime covered, to see the differences and all, That's my current Akebi experience

last edited at Jan 18, 2022 6:37PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ahhh I was beginning to wonder if this would show up here!!! Such a beautiful work, if awkward at times given the ages of the characters. But the story is really nice! Can’t wait to see how the kiss in the play goes and if they’ll practice beforehand?!

last edited at Jan 18, 2022 11:38PM

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

If the momentum of the chapters continues it's current pace, this may not stay as subtext for much longer.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Nice, I was hoping to see this here at some point ! Right at the perfect time too, things are starting to get pretty yurific :D

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

One thing I love about this manga: pay attention to the glasses. As far as I can tell they're always completely drawn. No faded-out frames to better show the face, and even the nose pads are detailed. They're big and awkward and really make the girls look their age.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

wow this is guud. kao is also too cute.

but does she have only one seasonal sailor uniform that she wears 5 days a week? either her mom makes titanium-grade seifuku or I was a way slobbier kid than i thought.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

<- Team Midgetmori Best Girl

Gonna say just one thing: Ch 43 Pg 32

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

BreadBunny posted:

It's a wonderful work

God fucking damnit I spelled Akebi's name wrong it's Komichi not Komechi and now that my comment's been quoted I'll never be able to get rid of this stain on my record. haha

But yeah as I continue through this story, I can be proud of getting the vibes right on this one. Akebi really does just get everyone to crush on her. Good vibes only for this girl

I have a bit of a head canon where I picture her and Erika being real popular when they get to high school and being sort of the school idols/top girls, a la Touko and Sayaka from bloom into you :P Komichi is definitely going to break a few hearts, without even meaning to, of course, because she has that Tohru Honda like ability to be friends with everyone, including her enemies somehow :P

last edited at Jan 22, 2022 9:22AM

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

BreadBunny posted:

It's a wonderful work

I have a bit of a head canon where I picture her and Erika being real popular when they get to high school and being sort of the school idols/top girls, a la Touko and Sayaka from bloom into you :P Komichi is definitely going to break a few hearts, without even meaning to, of course, because she has that Tohru Honda like ability to be friends with everyone, including her enemies somehow :P

Personally I think Erika is the only one with a true crush as is in love with Akebi. The others are more like some level of fan girls but wouldn't actually consider a relationship with her. Erika does though in her own middle schooler first love way. Akebi has been so isolated being the only kid when growing up except her little sister that she is now playing catch up socially and is now first experiencing the feelings and thoughts from being with kids her own age. What just also happens be the same age some kids start becoming aware of things like non familiar love. One the reason she has no filters or brakes at times also as there were never anyone around to develop them with through experience.

Funny mention Touko and Sayaka as they look similar. Sayaka and Erika have similar behavior and could say Touko and Akebi was slightly similar if Touko hadn't been so twisted up inside. Maybe end of bloom Touko was closer.

last edited at Jan 22, 2022 11:11AM

Existent_CLaire
joined Sep 22, 2021

OMFGAJISJEBEJRIDJRNNDJDJ GHHHHH

WHEN NEXTTTTTT
FINALLY INTO THE YURI PART YURI PART

joined Jul 26, 2016

Re-reading this, Komichi and Erika sure have lots of intense blush sex...

And speaking of Erika is she on a personal mission to turn Touko bi or smth seriously

Also p sure we're missing at least that one extra chap with whatshername, the bug nerd girl :/

last edited at Jan 22, 2022 11:33PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

finally read through all the chapters that are currently available and wow, "I'll fall in love for real" huh, Akebi please you do know what you're saying here right?

I love it, this entire story just shines with sheer optimism and happiness, every character is just a good person and Akebi shines like the fucking sun in the middle of it all. Really worth the read if only for the story, but don't worry because this manga has so much more to offer in terms of visuals and drawing as well. Akebi-chan's Sailor Uniform is a beautifully drawn manga.

Something I also really like is that this series doesn't shy away from the possibility of girls being in love with girls. Sure when Akebi was on her quest to figure out what love is the other characters assumed she had started crushing on a non-descript guy and the example of romantic love given to Akebi by her classmate Nawashiro was that of a previous boyfriend, but later on Akebi certainly does catch on that that same Nawashiro Yasuko is feeling something that might be called love for Washio Hitomi.

And that is what makes this series really a lot better than most other subtext series in my opinion (to the extent this series will stay subtext as it seems to be strongly hinting about Akebi and Erika). Regardless whether or not this series stays subtext or becomes fully Yuri doesn't all that much matter to me, it'd be great if Akebi and Erika do actually end up falling for eachother of course, but this series works regardless of Subtext or Yuri, and I really wouldn't think less of it for staying subtext (even if I would love it, if it stepped up haha).

My first thought on reading this series was "wow Akebi sure feels like she's going to be everyone's childhood crush" and I did not realise how true that would ring. I love her as the main character of this manga because like I said earlier she shines like the sun and uplifts everyone around her through it. I eagerly await more chapters as this series has catapulted itself into one of my favorite reads of the year as of yet.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

usually when an anime I am enjoying has a manga I tend to wait to finish the anime before reading it, but I wonder if I should just make an exception and start the manga already.

The silly part is that I've had Akebi on my "to read later" list fo years now lol

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Finally caught up with this. I'd read about halfway through some time back, but never got through the rest of it.

The author really really loves drawing girls in all sorts of poses, don't they? The art in this series is very sensual, yet also somehow innocent.

Anyway, I'm late, gotta run. I'm totally shipping Erika and Komichi, of course. They're too cute together.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Erm, there's something about taking off clothing in this series huh...
and the dynamic shots... trully stellar...
But for real, I watched the first 3 eps of the anime and caught up and I am IN LOVE. Something so pure and innocent that just flows well, and Komichi is just so easy to love.
Also.. Komichi x Erika OK no exceptions, although even after the acting arc thats gonna come, i have a feeling that this ship would be confirmed end game, i wouldnt mind to be proven wrong however.

last edited at Jan 29, 2022 4:20PM

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

And that is what makes this series really a lot better than most other subtext series in my opinion (to the extent this series will stay subtext as it seems to be strongly hinting about Akebi and Erika). Regardless whether or not this series stays subtext or becomes fully Yuri doesn't all that much matter to me, it'd be great if Akebi and Erika do actually end up falling for eachother of course, but this series works regardless of Subtext or Yuri, and I really wouldn't think less of it for staying subtext (even if I would love it, if it stepped up haha).

hell yeah bro, that's what yuri goggles are for, subtext six ways till sunday. And from reading this comment section there is even a anime being aired, awesome, awesome to the max.

last edited at Jan 27, 2022 9:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.