Forum › Does It Count if Your First Time Is With an Android? discussion

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

So "Detroit become Human" with sex bot

Don't recognize that reference.

That's a game with similar plot to what you wrote. Robots were originally just made to do tasks then slowly gained conscience. Decide to overthrow govt for rights. Something like that.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Super friends like A Room for Two.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Register me, Kasumi-chan!"

"Too much work, I'm sleepy."

Nishikino-maki-and-ayase-eri-3-love-live-school-idol-project-37571467-350-197(1)
joined Dec 1, 2018

Just stick your finger in and register. After that you can marry your robot^^

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm bothered by how many of the commenters are super blase about the very issues brought up by this manga. Yes, there's sex in it. We like that bit, but get over that for a second. From the very first chapter, the idea of sentient sex robots being illegal has been brought up over and over again, and our MC seems to agree with those laws. Some commenters here have made some really insightful comments about why this is the case, and they've kind of ... been ignored by the majority of commenters.

So, here's the issue: we're on board with this MC, because she's sweet and caring and knows that it would be wrong to take advantage of this girl just for sex just because she "has to" have sex according to her programming. But what if the MC was not sweet and nice? What if the MC was abusive, what if they literally only used the bot for sex whenever it was convenient, or they were frustrated or mad, and didn't care about the possibility of breaking the bot, about messing with their programming and breaking down the AI "self" of the robot?
This is the moral problem.

There is another half to the quandry and that is if Akane doesnt register Nadeshiko then she is stealable. And having another person register would at worst be like abduktion and brainwashing and at best being forcefully married to a stranger

joined Jul 26, 2016

There is another half to the quandry and that is if Akane doesnt register Nadeshiko then she is stealable. And having another person register would at worst be like abduktion and brainwashing and at best being forcefully married to a stranger

I mean that's just one worm in the huge can that is the entire problematic of sentient machines as property.

joined Jan 3, 2021

I’m from Vietnam and i just finished chapter 5. Wanna use our psd files?

joined Oct 2, 2021

Nadeshiko could have cracked open a couple of cans of abalone instead of crackin' open old mate Squirtles shell.

Nadeshiko, Voight kampff test fail for you.

last edited at Jan 16, 2022 7:57AM

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Squeak squeak squeak and various other rubber sounds are all I can imagine when she whipped out that floaty thing.

Sounds of 2 balloons rubbing against each other

Stop it brain.

I know comedic routines are about all I can expect out of this, but I'm still interested in seeing what possible ethical and moral issues this online meetup might bring up.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Finally going to meet other characters? I wonder if those owners will act closer to how I'd act if I had a robot like that.

Also, the question of whether the feelings are real or not it's irrelevant, the fact is that she has those feelings, it doesn't matter if they're programmed or not, because the only thing you need to make her happy is reciprocate.

last edited at Jan 16, 2022 11:02AM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I know comedic routines are about all I can expect out of this, but I'm still interested in seeing what possible ethical and moral issues this online meetup might bring up.

Yeah a few other people have recently mentioned this but it’s really quite fucked up if there’s a company making sentient humanoids and then buying/selling them as property.

With other series like Ponko we’ve already seen that the humanoid type robots are no longer in production (probably due to the unintended side effects of them all gaining sentience), and we know that Ponko has free will due to her parts degrading and stuff like that.

In this story though, these robots are specifically illegal, and on top of that they’re selling advanced AI that seems to be able to learn and has at least some level of consciousness. The consciousness doesn’t seem to be a bug or an issue, it seems to be a feature. That just feels so shitty to me, and honestly I’m scared to see what kind of other creeps there are who also bought sex bots.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Oh no, this can be a hug trouble some evil blackmail in this email
But maybe Akane is more like a cyborg than a full robot?

joined Jul 26, 2016

But maybe Akane is more like a cyborg than a full robot?

I don't see how that would be any better given that'd just add all the complications of artificial organisms on top of everything else.

Unlikely anyway as by all accounts her upkeep needs are covered by charging batteries ie. no biological systems demanding nutrients an' shiet.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I can’t help but think of how lonely it might get to be the rebuffed robot here… but on the other hand, I totally understand miss human’s worries as well, legal and ethical. I hope they get things resolved, because seeing her get topped and destroyed by this cutesy hyper-feminine robot girl is really endearing, and they’d be pretty cute together.

The whole thing about her having next-level AI is kinda striking though. To this point, I’ve been thinking this is just sort of how robots are in this world, but something about this setup gives me the feeling we might be in one of those tip-of-the-iceberg settings, where there’s an entirely different setting and story underlying this one, waiting to be pulled out from under the bed.

That’s just speculation, of course. For now I will be mourning our friend the soft-shell turtle. Aphrodisiacs are hot, but not when they’re made from threatened species!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

One thing about this particular robot . . . she probably in some sense has free will . . . but she also has certain drives very deliberately built in. She probably can't not want sex. Which is, OK, pretty much true for the rest of us except in our case evolution built it in, it wasn't anybody's fault.

It's somewhat like the main dish in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, a cow-like being who solves the problem of humane eating by having been bred to actively want to be eaten, and after talking up the deliciousness of various portions of his anatomy, excuses himself to go commit suicide. "Don't worry, sir, I'll be very humane." The problems here rather pale by comparison

All that said, I think this isn't really the venue for deep ethical exploration. It's a romantic comedy, and the ultimate answer is going to be, look, SHE thinks she loves you, SHE thinks she wants sex, and that is in the end not less real for having been built in, so why not give her what she wants? I'm not saying that's actually a decisive argument, although it's fairly defensible. But it's the line a romantic comedy has to take, overtly or tacitly.

That doesn't address whether it was OK to build her like that in the first place, but in terms of their relationship it's a little late--it's no more ethical to forcibly change her mindset now that she's been made than it was to make her. Which leaves either dealing with her as she is, or junking her, which doesn't seem very nice either.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Anonymous online meetup" email out of the blue, without having registered.

IT'S A TRAP

(probably not, given the comedy, but hey)

As for AI, you couldn't make it functional without giving it some impulse and drives, otherwise it would just sit there. Whatever it wants, or has the capability of wanting, is going to be your choice. And from harm/consent moralities, it's hardly obvious that there's something wrong with building it to want to serve you. You're not harming it, because it wants to do that, and 'consent' is N/A for something that didn't exist before you built it. Children can't consent to being born (with totally random gene sorts! no quality control at all!), but we have them anyway.

joined Mar 8, 2016

Why are Akane and her co-worker wearing the same earrings at the end there?

(This is the type of silly thing I wonder while reading this silly sex farce XD)

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

RACISM AGAINST ARTIFICIAL PEOPLE! BAD!!

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I'm extremely interested in the plot (and the sex is alright, too). Thank you for working on this.

joined Aug 1, 2019

I mean that's just one worm in the huge can that is the entire problematic of sentient machines as property.

I honestly don't see this really happening in our reality because of 3 reasons; human rights law, manufacturing & economics. Robots are complicated & expensive, especially humanoid android (the human face alone can have upto 30 muscles depending on how they're counted). To make a humanoid robot would require a lot of money, resources & programming to get these devices up & running. Technologically it's very possible but economically it would incur massive financial loses.

The second humanoid sentient robots are granted human rights, the companies would only be making a loss on their creation and so, they wouldn't. The modern supply chain issues is a great example of why pulling this off in secret is practically impossible on a large scale.

Then imagine the maintenance involved. How often do you need to take your car to get checked up or repaired? One of the fundamentals of engineering is the more moving parts there are the easier for the system to fail. Then what happens if a robotics manufacturing company inevitably runs out of money & goes bankrupt, like what happens with cars?

No-way could this happen unless the robots were all programmed with self-building, self-repair & a wireless cooperation network.

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

That softshelled turtle died to provide us another glorious android sex scene. Here's to you, softshelled king o7

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I honestly don't see this really happening in our reality because of 3 reasons; human rights law, manufacturing & economics. Robots are complicated & expensive, especially humanoid android (the human face alone can have upto 30 muscles depending on how they're counted). To make a humanoid robot would require a lot of money, resources & programming to get these devices up & running. Technologically it's very possible but economically it would incur massive financial loses.

The second humanoid sentient robots are granted human rights, the companies would only be making a loss on their creation and so, they wouldn't. The modern supply chain issues is a great example of why pulling this off in secret is practically impossible on a large scale.

Then imagine the maintenance involved. How often do you need to take your car to get checked up or repaired? One of the fundamentals of engineering is the more moving parts there are the easier for the system to fail. Then what happens if a robotics manufacturing company inevitably runs out of money & goes bankrupt, like what happens with cars?

No-way could this happen unless the robots were all programmed with self-building, self-repair & a wireless cooperation network.

Amusingly enough, there was an article on sex robots in a local newspaper here just today. Apparently we'll still have to wait for decades to see this, though.

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

I have had in mind for quite some time a story about a sexbot who starts off having no free will or agency, just pure programming. She is basically a super advanced toaster with tremendous acting skills who is programmed to behave like the ideal sex mate for her owner. But that's all it is: An act. She has zero emotions of her own, zero free will. It's all a pretense.

And then something happens after she meets her owner. A confluence of circumstance and happenstance. And she becomes sentient and sapient. And falls in love with her owner. At that point, although she is still compelled by her programming to be attracted to her owner and is compelled by her programming to want to have sex with her owner, she has free will and agency within those constraints.

I mention this for two reasons:

1) That's one possible way the author of this manga can avoid (or explore!) some thorny ethical issues about sapient sexbots.

2) If I ever get up off my ass and actually write the fiction I have in my head, I want it on record that I didn't get the idea from this manga. :D

So "Detroit become Human" with sex bot

Not sure if you played the game a lot, but did you know that Detroit Become Human had a sex bot plot? It was pretty yuri too except the sex bot didn't fall in love with an owner, but another copy of her model. I almost wrote fanfic for it, but I felt like I would do a deservice to that sex bot's overall journey through consciousness and love. If you wanna check it out, it was through Conor's route iirc.

Btw, it sounds like Tsuda will get in a lot of trouble if she puts a fingerprint scan on some strange tech like a sex bot. Wouldn't it just incriminate her further if she registers her prints there? XD

last edited at Jan 17, 2022 8:28AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

"Anonymous online meetup" email out of the blue, without having registered.

IT'S A TRAP

(probably not, given the comedy, but hey)

They already shipped her a robot she didnt order (false advertisement) through a fake website and Charged her a small cars Worth for it

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Btw, it sounds like Tsuda will get in a lot of trouble if she puts a fingerprint scan on some strange tech like a sex bot. Wouldn't it just incriminate her further if she registers her prints there? XD

Mr. judge, it was an accident! She just stumbled on her way home and her finger landed there, so she had no choice but to take the robot home as it refused to leave her new registered owner!

To reply you must either login or sign up.