*****/*****

Filing this one up with Men Men Musubi.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

tears

Discordavi
Dayer
joined Jun 26, 2018

Very cute story. I am in love with Agu's artstyle. Thanks for the translation!

joined Jun 11, 2016

Oh, this was good shit. That good kind of kick you down then lift you right back up kinda shit.
I need more.

Agree!!! I love hurt/comfort like these!!

Also, Agu's art is just chief's kiss.

joined Dec 30, 2020

uunnnnhhhh this was so good

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

This might be the best Adult yuri I’ve read in a long time

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Oh, this was good shit. That good kind of kick you down then lift you right back up kinda shit.
I need more.

Agree!!! I love hurt/comfort like these!!

Also, Agu's art is just chief's kiss.

God damnit all you both stole the words right out of my mouth.

But yes, exactly this. Just the perfect mix of angst and realism, with that extra pinch of sappy romance. God damn, this is the good shit.

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

This artist is real good. Like, they're way too good.
However, for some reason, I get the feeling they're never quite comfortable drawing Momoka... Her face often ends up looking off. I wonder why.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Artwork in this manga is top-notch.

K7gwfbovdc
joined Dec 2, 2021

Beautiful story and beautiful artwork to boot! Wow, I really look forward to more of Agu's work whether it be more short stories told through a few images or more expanded like this one shot. And blessed be for some more bi representation that isn't out to make bi people look like complete villains. Glad the comments are passing the vibe check so far as well. Thanks to the uploader, scantalation team and most importantly Agu.

joined Dec 1, 2016

so so good. thanks for translating this

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

GlaciPok posted:

Beautiful story and beautiful artwork to boot! Wow, I really look forward to more of Agu's work whether it be more short stories told through a few images or more expanded like this one shot. And blessed be for some more bi representation that isn't out to make bi people look like complete villains. Glad the comments are passing the vibe check so far as well. Thanks to the uploader, scantalation team and most importantly Agu.

Very classy comment.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

It was quite refreshing to read a story where a character who is unhappy with the relationship actually breaks things off. Even if she kind of regretted it, and even though it ended up being a misunderstanding, I feel like I've seen the "she's horrible, but there is no going back for me anymore" or something way too often and it's really not my cup of tea.

Also, as everyone's been saying, the art is awesome. Their expressions are great too. But I would like to point out how particularly lovely Momoka's eyebrows were. Perhaps it's weird to be talking about eyebrows, but they really caught my attention. And if they didn't catch yours, I urge you to go back and properly appreciate them :D

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

Why is it that Bisexual and Aaaaaangst tagged works almost always have Player character in it lul

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I liked this, but I'll be honest, I didn't really get all the subtext that everybody else seemed pick up on. Can anyone tell me what makato ment by "friends with benefits", and "played around a bit"? I know what they normally insinuate. However if she was casually sleeping around, then why did she feel the need to asure Momoka that the text message, about the hotel, was a misunderstanding.

Edit: This maybe my toxic masculinity peeking through, but if had undefined sexual relationship with a woman I'm was in love with, and I found out she was casually sleeping with other people, it would still hurt bad, even though she wasn't actually cheating on me. I would think, "aren't I enough to satisfy you"?!
My bruised pride would probably make me push her away, even after she confessed and proposed. I have big hangup about taking comfort from the person who hurt me in the first place.

last edited at Jan 11, 2022 5:50AM

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

I liked this, but I'll be honest, I didn't really get all the subtext that everybody else seemed pick up on. Can anyone tell me what makato ment by "friends with benefits", and "played around a bit"? I know what they normally insinuate. However if she was casually sleeping around, then why did she feel the need to asure Momoka that the text message, about the hotel, was a misunderstanding.

"Friends with benefits" is a term that means you and another person are there for each other for sexual pleasure, BUT no strings attached. That's why Makato was bothered when the other party wanted more than just that. Additionally Makato said she played around a bit, while she was getting to know Momoka—because they weren't together yet, so she didn't do anything wrong here. It is because Makato and Momoka probably also started out as friends with benefits. When Makakto clarified about what the text message was actually saying, is a way to ensure Momoka that she is taking their relationship seriously. So even if "playing around" used to be a casual thing for Makato, not anymore.

joined Sep 1, 2017

"Friends with benefits" is a term that means you and another person are there for each other for sexual pleasure, BUT no strings attached. That's why Makato was bothered when the other party wanted more than just that. Additionally Makato said she played around a bit, while she was getting to know Momoka—because they weren't together yet, so she didn't do anything wrong here. It is because Makato and Momoka probably also started out as friends with benefits. When Makakto clarified about what the text message was actually saying, is a way to ensure Momoka that she is taking their relationship seriously. So even if "playing around" used to be a casual thing for Makato, not anymore.

Just to set the record straight, I don't think Makoto was doing anything wrong exactly. I'm just saying, if I were Momoko it would wound my pride as well as break my heart. Makoto is with me, yet she is still sleeping with other people. I would feel hurt that I wasn't enough for her. Add in that Makoto seememd to be fooling around with only guys, I'm pretty sure that, again if I were Momoka, I would quickly come to the conclusion that me being a woman was the problem.

joined Aug 15, 2018

The way she stuck her tongue out on top of her, my heart. I always love seeing masc girls dominated

20220617_152146
joined Apr 2, 2020

May I have your attention, please?
Will the real Momoka please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Momoka please stand up?
We're gonna have a problem here

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

decaru posted:

I hate this so much. Well done.

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

cr1tikal voice yeahhhhh baby

joined Sep 1, 2017

Ah man. I wish I would have thought to do that. Well played!

joined Sep 7, 2021

What.. it's over.. no, no, wait.. I need more. I needed more!!!!
But seriously, what is this. I do love the fact that the feminine girl tops but godamn it, I think it's the name swapping that's the cherry for me here, it's just such a touching premise. Idk, damn it I wonder if maybe we'd get more but doesn't feel like this is serialised. :(

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, I didn’t find the name-swapping all that difficult, at least after re-reading, but I know I’m not getting the entire connotation of the names:

Bartender’s real name (Momoka) “suits” Customer-san (Makoto) and vice versa, except when Bartender is being topped, at which point “Momoka” suits Baretender “as she turns bright red.”

Professor Wiki tells us:

Makoto (まこと, マコト) is a unisex Japanese name although it is more commonly used by males. As a noun, Makoto means "sincerity" (誠) or "truth" (真, 眞).

[Mamoka] is traditionally a girl's name. The meaning of Momoka is 'flower', 'peach tree', 'perfume', 'smell', and 'hundred.'

I’m entirely lacking concerning the Japanese characters, so is it just that “Momoka” is a more fluffy name than the masculine-leaning “Makoto,” or is there some wider context I’m not getting?

What might be parallel girls’ names in English in terms of connotation?

last edited at Jan 12, 2022 2:27PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

OK, I didn’t find the name-swapping all that difficult, at least after re-reading, but I know I’m not getting the entire connotation of the names:

Bartender’s real name (Momoka) “suits” Customer-san (Makoto) and vice versa, except when Bartender is being topped, at which point “Momoka” suits Baretender “as she turns bright red.”

Professor Wiki tells us:

Makoto (まこと, マコト) is a unisex Japanese name although it is more commonly used by males. As a noun, Makoto means "sincerity" (誠) or "truth" (真, 眞).

[Mamoka] is traditionally a girl's name. The meaning of Momoka is 'flower', 'peach tree', 'perfume', 'smell', and 'hundred.'

I’m entirely lacking concerning the Japanese characters, so is it just that “Momoka” is a more fluffy name than the masculine-leaning “Makoto,” or is there some wider context I’m not getting?

What might be parallel girls’ names in English in terms of connotation?

I thought it was pretty much just the Makoto sounded less feminine thing. Momoka doesn't feel like a woman except when Makoto is "loving" her.
What confuses me a bit, is at the end when Makoto says she doesn't want to borrow and lend any more. I'll give you my name so please may I have yours. The first thing that came to my mind was obviously a marriage proposal, but that didn't exactly fit. You don't trade your given names in a marriage. One partner takes the other partner's family name. And the last I checked Japan still doesn't officially acknowledge same sex marriage. So there wouldn't be any official giving or taking of names, anyway.I still took it as Makoto liking "it" so she is putting a ring (Or in this case, a necklace) on "it" but I'm not totally sure that what she is going for.

To reply you must either login or sign up.