Forum › Nightingale and the Rose discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

And now Lan Sha is back, no worse for wear, and I have officially lost any track of this story. I will keep reading it for the pretty pictures, I guess. :-)

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I'm grasping at threads trying to keep up with what's going on. I fully understood the story until we started throwing in how it's an irl game, I'm nearly lost. But it's still keeping my intrigued so I'll keep up with it!!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Is it possible to change the dimensions? The resize tool isn’t working properly for these chapters.

Anyways, it looks like the irl versions of the princess and witch knew each other too, maybe this is a soulmates type thing

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Those gowns are FIRE! impracical, but gorgeous. I want one!

Feather
joined Feb 4, 2017

I really hate that spiky-haired brat for tearing apart two cousins. I think I'm going to wait until the chapter that he gets his comeuppance is translated so I can bingeread.

joined Jul 6, 2020

aw cute

joined Jul 6, 2020

I really hate that spiky-haired brat for tearing apart two cousins. I think I'm going to wait until the chapter that he gets his comeuppance is translated so I can bingeread.

I can't wait for his downfall

joined Jan 11, 2014

I feel like being in a constant state of confusion is a feature of this story

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

That page cropping. It's Mami all over again

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I'm disliking bro-con prince more and more.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Dudes just being a toxic abusive shithead all to alienate everyone around his brother and keep him by his side, and all that’s gonna do is make his brother hate him eventually

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I'M A WITCH!
UNDERCOVER!
YUEGUANG IS MY LOVER!

notsorry

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

re: weird pacing

I was reading the Mo Dao Zu Shi manhua awhile back, and I had a similar feeling- many of the chapters felt disjointed, like the transitional scenes had been stripped out or something.

A friend mentioned that in Mo Dao's case it was because the manhua was only adapting certain parts of the original light novel (for some reason) and skipping some of the 'slower' scenes.

I'm wondering if maybe something similar is going on here?

last edited at Jan 5, 2022 7:10AM

joined Jul 6, 2020

This dude has a stick so far up his own ass he doesnt even realize that Bai Yueguang want’s nothing to do with his crusty ass brother and just wants to live peacefully with Lan Sha and have healthy interpersonal relationships

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

re: weird pacing

I was reading the Mo Dao Zu Shi manhua awhile back, and I had a similar feeling- many of the chapters felt disjointed, like the transitional scenes had been stripped out or something.

A friend mentioned that in Mo Dao's case it was because the manhua was only adapting certain parts of the original light novel (for some reason) and skipping some of the 'slower' scenes.

I'm wondering if maybe something similar is going on here?

Ahh a fellow MDZS reader! However, nightingale is an original story and isn't an adaptation of anything, so the wonky pacing is 100% its own fault lol

The art is so good but the pacing is just so hhhsbfsdsjasdj Ba d

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This dude has a stick so far up his own ass he doesnt even realize that Bai Yueguang want’s nothing to do with his crusty ass brother and just wants to live peacefully with Lan Sha and have healthy interpersonal relationships

I hope he gets thrown down a well and bricked up inside.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

damn the introduction to this story wasn't lying, the supporting cast of this game is full of massive fucking assholes haha.
I'm starting to really see how this in-universe game could be hard enough to warrant its protagonist magicking the story's protag into the game in the hopes of getting a good ending for once

Primary%20avatar
joined May 15, 2021

So he's a brocon. Great.

joined Jul 28, 2019

So he's a brocon. Great.

We already knew that, but now he's been found to be a fucking yandere as well.

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

I really don't know how to feel about this story! They stabbed me in the heart with the cousin's happiness foretelling her death, and the art continues to be beautiful. I love that they gave us a dance scene right before the chaos started. These are the stakes I was asking for. But on the other hand, a lot of the theming about fate and sacrifice fall apart when neither romantic partner are actually devoted to each other. They both are playing a game and one is not even isekaied. I think for this to get good, the player for Lan Sha needs to enter the game world, and they need to realize the other person's real identity. Thankfully we have hints of that happening already.

last edited at Jan 11, 2022 6:27PM

joined Jul 6, 2020

I feel like every single manhua I read has a non-canon sex scene in an extra/seasonal bonus. I’m not complaining I just think its funny

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

with all the criticism aside, this is cute and it made me cry multiple times. i think it's safe enough to say we all hate mr. get-away-from-my-brother-sweet-home-alabama prince.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Oh no, I don’t see how trying to butter up the princely girl is going to end well. I feel like Lan Sha is gonna get jealous and it’s gonna be a messy love triangle. I’m so worried that prince girl will end up being super possessive of her or something

joined Jul 28, 2019

Oh no, I don’t see how trying to butter up the princely girl is going to end well. I feel like Lan Sha is gonna get jealous and it’s gonna be a messy love triangle. I’m so worried that prince girl will end up being super possessive of her or something

While it could be messy if the cards aren't played right, and lines cross and messages mix, swaying Luo Yuan to her side from the prince's would be a benefit.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

"then if she wasn't straight, would you have a crush on her?" So Lan Sha is trying to indirectly confirm she's her crush's love interest, but she isn't even sure if she's asking an AI character Bai Yuegang, a human player suspected to be Bai Xinxin, or the real but doubted scenario where her mind is connecting to another world with Bai Xinin stranded there. Lan Sha has moved on from thinking it's fine if it's a yuri route to feeling jealous over another real woman. Progress?

I guess we have to assume that when she's playing she's usually fully immersed, and both Lan Sha are merged together every time Bai Yuegang sees her. She apparently thinks she was just playing a PC game with limited options, a plot change she wasn't warned about, Bai Xinin somehow, and a character slightly like herself. The experiences and senses of the witch don't transfer to the PC player, and the PC player doesn't have much freedom to take actions or speak freely as the witch. If Lan Sha was aware, she would have plenty of clues by now that someone is AI or human, especially with Bai voiced. There's no clue where or how Lan Sha's mind merge works, or how she blocks out or forgets details between worlds.

last edited at Mar 9, 2022 3:52AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.