Forum › Nightingale and the Rose discussion

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah I like to keep in mind that this is technically all happening inside a game, which makes the scenes like this one where they argue about if Bai Yuegang would be into Luo Yuan if she weren't straight, objectively hilarious to me. Lan Sha sure is taking this to her knowledge mostly normal game exceedingly serious but I suppose a little suspension of disbelief is fine otherwise Lan Sha would not have any stakes in this game.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Wow, her jeousy went quickly

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

The truth come out…

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I get where the author is trying to get, but my goodness this is such a messy writing. The story and characters aren't being developed properly. It's almost like it's missing so many transitions that it ended up with the plot not flowing too well.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I would. Luo Yuan is totally my type.

(I'm hopeless)

joined Oct 12, 2017

Tfw you just discovered this and the chapter ended THERE.
That's rude! What happens next!?

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Please please please just kill the stupid prince he’s not even the crown prince no one should give a shit

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I feel like every single manhua I read has a non-canon sex scene in an extra/seasonal bonus. I’m not complaining I just think its funny

That's how you get readers who will sub and pay for extra content. At least, that's the Webtoon model.

After binging most of the manhua on this site recently, I'm thinking the pacing in these is just a feature of the ultra loosey goosey publishing environment. We're talking creators with less exposure to and more removal from a massive professional publishing institution, like Japanese indie/doujinshi creators, and creators (I assume*) less exposed to a history and practice of formal indie/doujinshi creation, like webtoons creators. Which is to say, less exposed to western expectations of narrative creation. It all feels like work done without editors, but many of the authors mention having editors, so that's my hot take.

*China, it turns out, produces more doujinshi overall than Japan and has a convention that surpasses attendance of comiket, but this is a relatively new feature

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Not sure if this is important or not, but Bilibili Comics has started translating this to English and including it on their app.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Not sure if this is important or not, but Bilibili Comics has started translating this to English and including it on their app.

Oh heck yea! I actually recommended this for an english license through the feedback form not too long ago. Feeling very accomplished rn xD

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Oh damn, I forgot this existed.

...Reread it, and damn, Chacha got it hard, huh.

Hope this updates some day.

To reply you must either login or sign up.