Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

that means se TRULY CARES about her in a non nutritional way

Images
joined Sep 20, 2016

I really like Miko's character. I don't like Shiori tho, idk, she doesnt really have any good character development, or story, and she looks evil all throughout, only thinking about Hinako as food. And I guess the romance doesnt click too, idk, maybe if its Hinako and Miko then I'll understand cause they have a fix backstory.

As for the cliffhanger tho, I think its a bait and when Miko said "evil monsters" she's talking about Shiori, who literally is an evil monster who want to eat Hinako. Maybe Miko was just looking for a chance to get close to Hinako and run off with her. So yeah, that's my take. If ever that Miko really ate her or her dying, well idk, the story just sucks if its only like that, the author just wasted a good character or actually the best character in the entire series.

Agreed. Miko best girl>

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

This chapter made me realise how truly the manga is beautiful. It's been a long time since I've last read a yuri manga with such details.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I don’t mind Shiori, but this makes me want Miko to be the end game - if there ever will be. Her character just makes me want to root for her.

joined Aug 10, 2021

I am still rooting for Shiori.
I like these heartless villains, who cares about good souled people, heartless people are ruling the world. >:)

On a serious note, I need more background of Shiori.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I am still rooting for Shiori.
I like these heartless villains, who cares about good souled people, heartless people are ruling the world. >:)

On a serious note, I need more background of Shiori.

Some background for Shiori would indeed be nice, but if presented right now it would turn into an overly dramatic "tragic backstory showdown" between Shiori and Miko. "So you think YOUR backstory is good and tragic? Get a load of MY tragic backstory! I'll one-up you easily!"

Wbb-polar%20(3)
joined Dec 12, 2021

So that was miko hmm, she who saved the protagonist.
EDIT> i feel bad for Miko, she really liked the protagonist's family

last edited at Dec 14, 2021 12:12PM

Wbb-polar%20(3)
joined Dec 12, 2021

it is really difficult to find REAL good people in this world, unfortunately. So I can understand Shiori

last edited at Dec 14, 2021 12:12PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I honestly can't see Miko as the endgame - especially not after the revelations this time. Less about her age, Shiori may be similarly ancient, but about her having watched over not just her entire life, but also of her parents. She's simply not a romantic option but rather a mostly nice grandma protecting her family.

joined Sep 6, 2020

Prediction: she is just gonna Carry her away, like a catfish or cat or something

That or she is chomping something else

Next chapter preview:

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

That's a mighty dangerous harem she's building.

joined Aug 29, 2019

So that was miko hmm, she who saved the protagonist.

I wouldn't count on it. That's, as far as I could see, neither implied nor outright said.
On the contrary, there are hints that, as mentioned by someone else, Shiori might have been the one who, on a whim or for some other reason, saved Hinako. See for example how strongly Shiori reminds Hinako of the ocean on this particular night in this chapter.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Oh my Gosh that second to last page got me hard, I was already feeling a bit of a weird feeling on the page before it, but then comes the double page with the huge fox, black eyes, huge mouth and the black speech bubble. I was hit by a truck. This manga is awesome, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Prediction: she is just gonna Carry her away, like a catfish or cat or something

That or she is chomping something else

Next chapter preview:

LMAO that's cute af

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This series really reminds me of this one
They've got quite a few similarities
https://myanimelist.net/manga/129187/Hachigatsu_Kokonoka__Boku_wa_Kimi_ni_Kuwareru

joined Oct 6, 2021

Why does every chapter ends on a cliffhanger? lol

joined Apr 8, 2018

Why...?
Fk, I hate you.

Because it’s the only thing I ever think of when I see the word chomp.

Here, add this to the scene, it will go better. (No gore)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5JICa_ZxBk

joined Jan 14, 2020

Monster go chomp? https://youtu.be/AE9qPRIt1vU?t=99

last edited at Dec 16, 2021 10:34AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I am loving this! suicide, monsters, cute girls, it has it all!

Img_20220308_225853
joined Aug 18, 2021

well, that was not the plot twist I was waiting for at all! this manga has surprised in a very good way. can't wait to see what will happen later on

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Things are really starting to get interesting now...

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 6:32AM

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

It's funny, Shiori wants MC to ripen by recovering from depression but she's only down to be eaten because she's depressed. Once she starts wanting to live, she ain't gonna want to be eaten I imagine

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

I'm just glad Miko is still in this.

It seems Hinako may not be normal pureblooded human after all.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Based on the end of this chapter, she certainly was at least until the accident, though. And now we're about to find out what (was) changed after that...

Although depending on what it is, she may no longer be as tasty once she recovers, which may solve the problem of Shiori eating her in the end. We'll see.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Based on the end of this chapter, she certainly was at least until the accident, though. And now we're about to find out what (was) changed after that...

Although depending on what it is, she may no longer be as tasty once she recovers, which may solve the problem of Shiori eating her in the end. We'll see.

Honestly beginning to think that Hinako becoming non-monster attracting again may be Shiori's whole aim... Could it be that she is simply using the possessive "oh yes, I'll eat you as soon as you are happy enough, but no one else can"-shtick because it was the easiest way to get Hinako to go along vs having her actively seek out getting chomped?

To reply you must either login or sign up.