Forum › Two equal sides of our triangle discussion

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

God bless enemies to lovers trope, really wish this wasn't a oneshot, wouldve binged this

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

How was she being "thoughtful" at all??
She just went and cancelled their plans just because she happened to hear that her senpai is having a match? And I guess I would've been fine with it if she at least explained why, but honestly from her message I doubt she was even planning to.

Pardon me, but is cancelling a meeting way ahead of time a major issue in your friend circle? If it had been done last minute that would certainly have been a social fauxpas, but I think pretty much anyone has cancelled things for personal or selfish reasons before. If she really didnt care about her friends she would have not even thought of telling them immediately, maybe only told them on the promised day or in the worst case even stood them up.

You may not care about her reason, but to Koyuki this is the rare match of the senpai she very obviously has a crush on, while going to the theme park with a friend is just a fun thing that can happen any weekend. Nobody has an obligation to come to a date and no hard feelings were involved from her side. Her reason could literally have been "I dont feel like it" and that would have been equally acceptable.

joined Mar 30, 2020

Yuki sucks, her two pals are better off without her. I wanna see their date at not Disney land!

Double tsundere enemies to lovers is the best

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

How was she being "thoughtful" at all??
She just went and cancelled their plans just because she happened to hear that her senpai is having a match? And I guess I would've been fine with it if she at least explained why, but honestly from her message I doubt she was even planning to.

Pardon me, but is cancelling a meeting way ahead of time a major issue in your friend circle? If it had been done last minute that would certainly have been a social fauxpas, but I think pretty much anyone has cancelled things for personal or selfish reasons before. If she really didnt care about her friends she would have not even thought of telling them immediately, maybe only told them on the promised day or in the worst case even stood them up.

You may not care about her reason, but to Koyuki this is the rare match of the senpai she very obviously has a crush on, while going to the theme park with a friend is just a fun thing that can happen any weekend. Nobody has an obligation to come to a date and no hard feelings were involved from her side. Her reason could literally have been "I dont feel like it" and that would have been equally acceptable.

Well... Do we really know how "way ahead of time" it actually was? Unless I missed something, we don't really know when they planned this or what day it is, right? For all we know they might have made plans last week and is now Thursday, only two days before their arranged outing. Of course it is just as likely that they were talking about it only yesterday.

As I said, I probably got way more pissed off than I should've... But idk, the way she basically ignored them the whole time prior to going to see her sempai definitely played a role in my irritation as well: it's like she's way too preoccupied with her crush to care at all. (Of course the other two were acting quite stupid, so her ignoring them may actually have been for the best lol)

In the end perhaps I just don't understand her feelings because I never had a crush like that.

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 9:10PM

joined May 8, 2018

These three gives me Kanon x Keke x Sumire vibe. And Keke x Sumire at the end. Oh my God. I'm getting excited all of a sudden! It doesn't help that the new girl's personality reminds me of Keke. It's no wonder I gave her Keke's voice in my head

K7gwfbovdc
joined Dec 2, 2021

Ah yes inject the enemies to lovers story juice directly into my veins.
Also bruh the love interest is so rude so glad the two decided to make lemonade out of their lemons.

joined Oct 14, 2017

Btw, a really nice manga with a similar dynamic is "Alter Ego". One of the rare western manga, single volume licensed by Tokyopop, great read. Recommend.

Thanks for the recommendation, it was great! I wish there were more enemies to lovers stories, it's my favorite trope. ;_;

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Seems her plans to sleep with another girl did not change at all.
She really is horny.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

For a moment they almost had me. I really thought she said that at the end

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Enemies to lovers is the best trope indeed!

These three gives me Kanon x Keke x Sumire vibe. And Keke x Sumire at the end.

I see the Keke x Sumire vibe but I can't really compare Kanon to the third girl here... maybe of a Kanon who doesn't even register the bickering of the other two perhaps

but speaking of which I so much wish I could find fanwork of the Kanon x Keke x Sumire ship, I have a might need of them!

last edited at Dec 20, 2021 12:14AM

joined Apr 8, 2021

Make love, not war

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

My favorite version of this trope is when two fangirls fighting over the school idol end up falling for each other instead.

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

foreshadowing
Foreshadowing intensifies

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

How I wish most of my past rivalries had gone :')

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

That's a fucking isosceles. A tall pointy one.
Losing to discount Kase-san like that, LMAO. At least they got their date in the end.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Curse you one-shots! But thank you credits. Notice they're both LLs/nekos and their love interest and her love interest are both bois/tachis. That said, childhood friend is probably more tachi and new kid is more neko.

Noodvatar100
joined Apr 13, 2021

I mean, a triangle can also become a square, with the right attitude.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

i love this trope

joined Dec 30, 2020

That's not how triangles work.

75008_alt5
joined Feb 17, 2019

pig blanket

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

ohhhhh I love this. It was so cute. These two have a great dynamic.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

man,i don't really like Koyuki

but at least our two girls here is happy together now

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

My favorite version of this trope is when two fangirls fighting over the school idol end up falling for each other instead.

Yup yup. I'm pretty sure there's a Takemya Jin story with that premise. It's less them fighting over the idol and more the two joining together in their thirst and then falling for each other.

Edit: Found it! First two stories of this collection

last edited at Dec 25, 2021 12:41AM

joined Jul 21, 2020

Holy Luz x Amity, Batman, it's a rivals-to-lovers story!

To reply you must either login or sign up.