Forum › Two equal sides of our triangle discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

All's well that end's well, I guess? Also hard agree with the credits page.

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

yay.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That's not how triangles work.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Woo hoo I love it when the love rivals get together instead

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Went from a triangle to a line in the span of 3 panels lol.

And the last panel is right, cause Enemies to Lovers is best trope bar none.

last edited at Dec 18, 2021 7:20PM

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

She reserved a hotel room already, and didn't want to waste it :)))

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Uwuwua nice , very comfy and nice work , I loved the characters

last edited at Dec 18, 2021 7:32PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Aaand it stopped right before the payoff. Sad. Wanted to see them get friendly in the amusement park date and make some hints at wahoo in the hotel room.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

This author has some weird writings

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah I suspected from page three that Koyuki was already terminally interested in someone unrelated since she was just on her phone and not listening to their fights

joined Dec 17, 2021

New Girls casually commenting they are still going to use the hotel room was the best part.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

It's basicly the bowsette meme

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Damn that was fast

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Cute and fun, thanks for the translation!

I'd love to see a weekend date chapter as well haha

last edited at Dec 18, 2021 10:48PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Koyuki's kind of a bad friend, ngl. Being uninterested in her friends' squabbles and sticking to her phone bc she's focused on senpai is one thing but just ditching them without even asking if it's okay and no explanation at all is just kind of a dick move

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

^^yeah I agree.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Well that worked out almost too neatly!

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Hmm, a lot of people have been asking for enemies/rivals to lovers yuri lately and here it comes. Implied anyway.

"Two equal sides of a trianlge" as in equally disconnected from their target. I very much enjoyed the debate over why Koyuki is closer to them, as it compared a lot of general romance tropes and also showed their flaws. Ame knew a lot about Koyuki, but there are also many aspects they dont show each other exactly because they are so aware of each other's comfort zones. I especially love that Ame's reaction implies she was aware of the sport club senpai in middle-school but never connected the dots that Koyuki liked her. She was too confident about her position as childhood friend. The new girl was just projecting her attraction on Koyuki's actions and assumed her kindess meant romantic interest. Though she had more in common with Koyuki she never considered that this just made it easier to become friends.

Koyuki's kind of a bad friend, ngl. Being uninterested in her friends' squabbles and sticking to her phone bc she's focused on senpai is one thing but just ditching them without even asking if it's okay and no explanation at all is just kind of a dick move

They see each other every day, so she most likely assumed if they want an explanation they can just ask her directly. She went out of her way to cancel the plans as soon as she made a promise with her senpai, which is actually pretty thoughtful. She could have just told them the next day, but the more time they have to change plans the better. Koyuki couldnt have known that the new girl secretly booked a hotel due to overwhelming thirst.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Btw, a really nice manga with a similar dynamic is "Alter Ego". One of the rare western manga, single volume licensed by Tokyopop, great read. Recommend.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

That's not how triangles work.

Yes it is! Take out the third vertex, and you have a very comfy line.

Well, technically the line is supposed to be straight, but what's life without a few broken rules, right?

joined Jan 13, 2021

Koyuki's such a fun character. She's basically just: 'I am actually the protagonist of a different manga, one far less dramatic than this one, and intend to milk my fluff for all it's worth. This Koyuki lady you're thirsting after seems like she's gotta deal with a ton of drama, though. Glad that's not me! Anyway, see ya."

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

yeah I suspected from page three that Koyuki was already terminally interested in someone unrelated since she was just on her phone and not listening to their fights

That was a good bit of foreshadowing, indeed.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

They see each other every day, so she most likely assumed if they want an explanation they can just ask her directly. She went out of her way to cancel the plans as soon as she made a promise with her senpai, which is actually pretty thoughtful. She could have just told them the next day, but the more time they have to change plans the better. Koyuki couldnt have known that the new girl secretly booked a hotel due to overwhelming thirst.

How was she being "thoughtful" at all??
She just went and cancelled their plans just because she happened to hear that her senpai is having a match? And I guess I would've been fine with it if she at least explained why, but honestly from her message I doubt she was even planning to.

From the beginning of the story I had suspected that she probably had someone else she liked and was completely uninterested (romantically) in either of them. And honestly both of them were being unbearable... But the way they had been talking about it, like, one minute before and precisely the fact that she immediately sent a message means that she absolutely didn't forget or confuse the dates or anything like that; she just didn't give a damn about their plans.

I don't know, this pissed me off so much (probably more than it should have XD) that I couldn't even enjoy the enemies-to-lovers trope lol

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

The love interest is a total bitch, sad

きらきら輝いた
Dqijxcpe
joined Jul 26, 2020

So nice to see tragedy blossom into potential romance, and to see two people who actually reciprocate their feelings come together

To reply you must either login or sign up.