joined Jun 25, 2021

dang that was super cute
I wonder what bike collector is gonna do

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

they forgor about the bike...

277518907_284798580472730_8969942845314652470_n
joined Sep 19, 2021

hope the first few chapters are the only chapters that follow the angst tag, please
please make them happy from now on ;-;

joined Aug 21, 2021

Too cute and wholesome. <3

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

I love this manga already LMAO

Greenmage%202
joined Jul 29, 2017

my heart can't take this

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

My heart..
Im going to die!!!!
this is so wholesome

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

This is so sweeet ! I love it :D

Shinta
joined Feb 25, 2014

please both of them be happy, the angst tag is killing me

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

What a mood. Makes me wish I could do the same

Iu0x5sm
joined Nov 23, 2015

Honestly nearly passed on this one thanks to that angst tag but I'm glad I didn't, it's been a delight so far! Here's hoping the tone stays the same throughout and it doesn't actually take an angsty nosedive.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was very sweet- i hope it stays that way. Im glad they told the aunt the truth.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

god this story is really good at making me want to go live on an island in a villa by the sea with my lesbian fiancee. the night-time scene where they're just lying in a hammock together looking at the stars goes so hard in making me say "god I wish that were me" haha.

in other news it seems like bikethief is one the case, might want to promote her to bikethief detective soon

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

they forgor about the bike...

From the bike going Missing to the end of chapter 3 is only a few hours, she was probably gonna contact the police and put fliers Up next morning

joined Jan 14, 2020

Subscribed. Though I'm surprised they're not starving by the end of chapter 3. And "what do you want to eat?" -> but you have no money.

I was talking to my friend about this manga today and apparently it's actually somewhat common in Japan for people to have unused homes in rural areas, with the aging population and urbanization. You inherit the property but can't uproot your life to properly use it.

I've also heard that property often depreciates in value in Japan.

I mean, it's mostly the same thing as everywhere else. Old buildings are more run down and less attractive than new ones. Land values go up and down based on demand; demand in Japan's countryside is particularly going down, but the US has lots of ghost towns too, plus semi-evacuated inner cities.

The one distinctive thing is a strong bias against used houses, so those depreciate particularly quickly in resale value. (Flip side, that might mean you can get nice deals if you have a Western attitude -- though perhaps such houses aren't built to last.) Of course if you're anywhere near a big city, the land is probably most of the cost of the house+land package.

joined Jan 13, 2021

I love it, thanks for the update!

13320157_522707027938643_73759181_n
joined Mar 31, 2018

I want anime adaption of this manga already

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

As expected, the bike thief is back. :3

joined Apr 19, 2020

Wait I might be dumb but didn't they just abandon looking for work and are unemployed?

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

Bike thief!!! You've returned.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Nice to know that the "Bike Thief" is actually a good person. ^_^

joined Jan 14, 2020

Wait I might be dumb but didn't they just abandon looking for work and are unemployed?

Yes. Which they probably admitted to the aunt this chapter, between panels.

I'm not sure about bike girl (not the thief), she might have had a job that she ran away from.

last edited at Dec 6, 2021 6:10PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Subscribed. Though I'm surprised they're not starving by the end of chapter 3. And "what do you want to eat?" -> but you have no money.

IKR... Searching for the bike, 3-hour walk, house cleaning, talking about food, and still no food available. I'm getting sympathy hunger pangs just reading this.

I was talking to my friend about this manga today and apparently it's actually somewhat common in Japan for people to have unused homes in rural areas, with the aging population and urbanization. You inherit the property but can't uproot your life to properly use it.

I've also heard that property often depreciates in value in Japan.

I mean, it's mostly the same thing as everywhere else. Old buildings are more run down and less attractive than new ones. Land values go up and down based on demand; demand in Japan's countryside is particularly going down, but the US has lots of ghost towns too, plus semi-evacuated inner cities.

The one distinctive thing is a strong bias against used houses, so those depreciate particularly quickly in resale value. (Flip side, that might mean you can get nice deals if you have a Western attitude -- though perhaps such houses aren't built to last.) Of course if you're anywhere near a big city, the land is probably most of the cost of the house+land package.

No DIY culture in Japan, so that's one issue. Another is that ownership laws can make it really difficult to deal with abandoned properties in rural areas. A lot of times, the original owners pass away, but the government can't necessarily track down the current owners to even ask them to sell. And the local government can't just call it abandoned and sell it off. They literally have land that has been inherited by people who don't even know that they own it. On the other hand, you can get some amazing deals in some of these rural areas. I seem to recall Wakayama selling plots for around $500 not too long ago.

joined May 21, 2021

ive only had haru and hii-chan for three chapters, but if anything happened to them, i would kill everyone in this room and then myself

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

they forgor about their employment...

To reply you must either login or sign up.