Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Well, she can married, just wait the brats grow up, is not like that much time

joined May 1, 2015

Damn, this is the first chapter where I see that Mai chan for her actual age.
Next chapter will probably be very angsty with a massive cliffhanger.
I understand where Onee san is coming from but, that single panel where Mai chan's heart got broken, it was sad.
Tae needs to make ammends. Mai chan best girl.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Damn, this is the first chapter where I see that Mai chan for her actual age.
Next chapter will probably be very angsty with a massive cliffhanger.
I understand where Onee san is coming from but, that single panel where Mai chan's heart got broken, it was sad.
Tae needs to make ammends. Mai chan best girl.

Tae acting like a good adult is good but...that's not the best decision for them imo...

man,i don't really know what to say in a situation like this...

last edited at Nov 17, 2021 8:24AM

joined May 1, 2015

I agree, Tae's decision was not the best.
Making herself unhappy just to please society.
People should do what makes them happy.
I wish them happiness.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

it's the last page of ch 7 and i'm crying

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Ok... the "girl" is not just unintentionally assertive, there is something... I don't know what to think of it given the age difference but still, there is something!

How%20do%20i%20fix%20this
joined Nov 29, 2018

My senses are tingling, it may be a false alarm, but I sense that this series is going to be over soon, and I don't want to be right

last edited at Nov 17, 2021 2:08PM

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

出た ! the jealousy arc is here

joined May 28, 2018

My senses are tingling, it may be a false alarm, but I sense that this series is going to be over soon, and I don't want to be right

Unless it ends with Tae end up marry a man and say bye to Mai, I don't see how this would be over that soon. We still have a lot to go if Tae end up with Mai, like continue seeing Tae struggling with her "pedo" love, revealing a secret about Mai that she is actually an adult, love and confession, etc.

Anyways, I checked the author's twitter and it looks like chapter 12 is already released, which means a whole volume 2 ahead after volume 1 (with 8 chapters), so we can rest assured I guess.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

NOOO YOU CAN'T MAKE ME FEEL SAD FOR A LOLICON STORY, NOOOO FUCK YOU NOOOOOOO

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

turning into the joker right now.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The only lolicon aspect is the behaviour and apparent preferences of her co-worker. But the main story is just a very exaggerated older than she looks/younger than she looks pairing. In earlier times, she'd adopt Mai:

"In 1957, Yoshiya adopted Monma as her daughter, the only legal way for lesbians to share property and make medical decisions for each other."

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I predict a "separation-timeskip-reunion" type conclusion for this one. But who knows, we'll see where this goes in the end

joined May 28, 2018

I predict a "separation-timeskip-reunion" type conclusion for this one. But who knows, we'll see where this goes in the end

A plot twist revealing that she is actually an adult is more fun in my opinion. But it has to be a clever plot twist, given that Mai already told Tae and the readers that she is 10 years old.

last edited at Nov 18, 2021 8:30AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

A plot twist revealing that she is actually an adult is more fun in my opinion. But it has to be a clever plot twist, given that Mai already told Tae and the readers that she is 10 years old.

I highly doubt that's gonna be it. It's been discussed before but she's literally in a class with other 10 year old's, both at the pool and in school. Mai being an actual adult who somehow managed to set all that up without any suspicions would be pretty unbelievable

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Giftnova posted:

I highly doubt that's gonna be it. It's been discussed before but she's literally in a class with other 10 year old's, both at the pool and in school. Mai being an actual adult who somehow managed to set all that up without any suspicions would be pretty unbelievable

Lot's of people are clinging really hard to the idea of amnesia or that she was in a coma, personally I don't take it that seriously anyway, even if the theory that she was "sleep" for 8 years is true, you would be just implying that "as long as her body is old enough, it's okay" and if you think about it for a second, it's not!!! so just face it for what it is. Or more like, take it or leave it XP

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Just embrace your inner lolicon.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This mangaka clearly is the cause of an epidemic of cognitive dissonance.

joined Jul 26, 2016

All according to keikaku.

joined Aug 29, 2019

All according to keikaku.

*TL note: Keikaku means plan

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

why are you all sad? it's gonna be ok Mai-impossibly-her-age is gonna end up ...doing something cool or we get a time skip and then she's gonna be in her actual 20's looking the exact same and then Tae and her are gonna do the hoopa loopa doo

joined May 28, 2018

That's why the twist has to be "clever" enough to be believable with all the information already given to the readers. Also, I only said that it's "more fun" that way, not "more possible", because a time skip, while "more possible", is lazy and boring as hell in my opinion. So yeah, I hope the author can think of something that blow our mind instead of just going for a lazy time skip that almost everyone predicted.

It's still fine if time skip is the way, because if it isn't a 10/10, it's still a 9/10 as I already love this manga a lot. I really considered it one of the best yuri mangas I've read :P

last edited at Nov 18, 2021 10:01PM

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Ah, that last page…

Muh heart, muh soul…

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

It's almost completely a different topic, but I finally figured out who Tae's design reminded me of — Yamai Ren, the yandere from Komi Can't Communicate.

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Hey everyone, just wanted to give an update on Chapter 8. Unfortunately, I lost my scanlation partner (my dog) right as I was beginning the chapter which completely derailed my progress. I plan on picking it back up this weekend with hopes of finishing it by the middle of next week, just bear with me!

To reply you must either login or sign up.