Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

joined Nov 16, 2021

I love this manga, been following, i will miss the daily updates since now it's up to date with the ongoing. Thanks for the translations!

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Woo it's here! Satsuki is an absolute disaster gay and i love her very much

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I was wondering when this would show up here—one of my current favorites.

It’s a little light on the romance, at least at present, but I find it to be consistently enjoyable.

And don’t let all the dark horror/violence tags put you off—they’re quite accurate, but the overall tone is rather lighter and there’s more comedy than those labels might suggest.

joined Jun 11, 2016

ohhhh this is finally here.

This is one of those fell manga where I don't really care if it ever ends in yuri or not, 'cuz the plot is really interesting.

Also, thank you so much whoever translated and scanlated this. I wanted to say thank you ever since this was updated on mangadex, but there were no comment section there. Honestly you're amazing whoever you are, and blessed you for those daily updates, they were the highlights of my days.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

And don’t let all the dark horror/violence tags put you off—they’re quite accurate, but the overall tone is rather lighter and there’s more comedy than those labels might suggest.

So kinda like Mieruko-chan in a way?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't know what that is.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

A really enjoyable horror/comedy manga that follows a girl who can see spirits. It's funny a lot of the time, but has times where it's legit terrifying and times where it's absolutely heart wrenching.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

A really enjoyable horror/comedy manga that follows a girl who can see spirits. It's funny a lot of the time, but has times where it's legit terrifying and times where it's absolutely heart wrenching.

I just read the first 3 chapters of that, but yeah, pretty much. I didn’t get to the heart-wrenching/actually terrifying part, so Satsuki seems just a little heavier because she feels so much responsibility for preventing the deaths she foresees. But I’d say the overall feel is pretty similar.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I just read the first 3 chapters of that, but yeah, pretty much. I didn’t get to the heart-wrenching/actually terrifying part, so Satsuki seems just a little heavier because she feels so much responsibility for preventing the deaths she foresees. But I’d say the overall feel is pretty similar.

I'd say that's enough to catch my interest. I'll add this to the ever expanding list of "I'll eventually read this".

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 9:33PM

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Wow, this is great! The occasional yuri bits are nice but it's really such a well-executed premise that I'm appreciating it less as a good yuri release and more as a generally good story.

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

I'm glad it's finally on here.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Wow, this is great! The occasional yuri bits are nice but it's really such a well-executed premise that I'm appreciating it less as a good yuri release and more as a generally good story.

Thing is, thats exactly why it makes it a great yuri manga, it doesnt focus on the yuri

20230106_011143
joined Mar 8, 2018

Is it just me or is this kind of detective conan-y? Either way, I have found yet another niche and hard-to-talk-about series to be completely obsessed with, with no one to talk to about it.

Extraordinarily interested in seeing how this one progresses and am praying to god that it doesn't suffer a fate of being axed and instead continues for as long as possible.

__sakura_futaba_persona_and_persona_5_drawn_by_kion_kun__d693cf24f18f5565a7cc666e236df3fc
joined Apr 9, 2019

So basically manga version of Final Destination/Another, but doesn't have the serial killer element, nor the final girl trope, and is good actually.

edit: I forgot about Another!

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 3:59AM

joined Sep 6, 2018

So basically manga version of Final Destination, but doesn't have the serial killer element, nor the final girl trope, and is good actually.

Thanks for mentioning the title, I was thinking about that series too. This manga is better written and can be serialized into a good, animated tv show.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

It's nice , cute and exciting

last edited at Nov 17, 2021 8:00AM

joined Nov 27, 2016

Oh damn I love this manga so much! I was put off at first cuz of the tags but it’s strangely some of the funniest shit I’ve read, and all the characters are so interesting and lovable

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Ooooo i hate that damn Stuco Prez so fucking much.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Satsuki seem quick in though but maybe too quick. Not only she glossed over the low chance that Shiina would be poisoning two times at random but she seem quick to suspect the kouhai, not seeming to take in consideration it was at random. The two thoughts can't go together.
Shiina is more right in thinking it's someone who target herself rather than a poisoner going at random and it's probably the stuco doing. We can't forget the "nice" girl is part of the stuco and the stuco seem to know more than they already said.
Also there is also the fact that the kouhai want to kill Satsuki and not Shiina but i believe Satsuki don't really know.

Alright this series is on here now.

joined Sep 13, 2018

I'd definitely say Mieruko-chan is pretty similar, though a bit different so as far as the ghosts are the gnarly gross looking parts of Mieruko-chan while you see like fairly tame corpses of like actual characters. I think Liar Satsuki covers heavier topics at times, but they're close enough that I'd definitely put them at a similar level.

Honestly the biggest differences is Liar Satsuki has yuri subtext so thick it might just be text lmao. Poor gals and their ability to see things they shouldn't see

Satsuki seem quick in though but maybe too quick. Not only she glossed over the low chance that Shiina would be poisoning two times at random but she seem quick to suspect the kouhai, not seeming to take in consideration it was at random. The two thoughts can't go together.
Shiina is more right in thinking it's someone who target herself rather than a poisoner going at random and it's probably the stuco doing. We can't forget the "nice" girl is part of the stuco and the stuco seem to know more than they already said.

I can't blame her, she's seen Shiina dead a few times and she values life too much to even think about actual murder. I'm super curious how this is all shaking out though. I'm curious what the student counsel's goal is if they think bad things will happen from meddling, like why not be upfront and tell Satsuki about it? Unless if bad things won't actually happen and they're just lying for ulterior purposes but I can't see why they wouldn't push the lie further...

last edited at Nov 17, 2021 6:02PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I love this manga, honestly the amount of throwing her own safety to save other people Satsuki does is really fun to see, especially because her extreme way of doing things is like founded on actual things unlike a lot of other stories where characters will act like they're insane for no reason.
This is like how do I say it normal people in extreme scenarios rather than extreme people in normal scenarios which I like a lot better personally

last edited at Nov 17, 2021 6:16PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This seems pretty good but man are there a lot of grammar mistakes
At least in the first couple of chapters

joined Jun 3, 2020

very good

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

It started great, I was so into it until around chapter 16. But then some things happened that took away my enjoyment. Every character that gets saved never grow as a character after the fact, they completely get back to how they were before, even after a life or death situation. The main character, I loved her so much, and then I just can't get behind the "I need to save everyone because it's the right thing to do", I'm not saying this as if we don't know the reason, (you can fill the gap yourself but that's not good story telling), I'm saying it because that's the basic rule when writing characters like this, you have to give them a really strong motivation to make yourself invested in their actions even the more when she goes to such extremes just to save a random person she never met before. It's like the artist has this many little plot lines but he never does anything with them, like he keeps doing with Komachi, she clearly has a reason to act the way she does but it's never explored. I don't like it either that in this school people die almost every day, as is the case with Conan that whenever he goes there's a master plan murder in the making. All of this can be answer but the artist decides against it and just keeping the status quo of "Usotsuki, it's telling a lie again!". Akira is great I'm sad she's stuck in this to be honest.

To reply you must either login or sign up.