Forum › Does It Count if Your First Time Is With an Android? discussion

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

I'm gonna be honest, I'm actually here for the plot. I really wanna know what is Nadeshiko's story, what her programming is and how everything develops

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I can’t help but wonder about the extent to which Nadeshiko actually has a free will and/or personality. I do feel like the moral implications of sex bots having humanoid intelligence is really fucked up, because the power differential between the human owner and the robot sex object is too much.

It would probably just be needlessly cruel to give a sex bot full humanoid intelligence, so that leads me to think that Nadeshiko merely has an imitation of true intelligence that only functions so far as to make the owner have a more pleasurable experience. So does Akane treating Nadeshiko as a human actually achieve anything? Or is Nadeshiko’s “intelligence” merely a means for sex with no real capacity for self reflection or decision making?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I know some of you were still hoping against hope that Nadeshiko would turn out to be a real human girl pretending to be a robot... but it's over now, you all just gotta give up.

Only a robot could tolerate this room. (nods, nods)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And to think that she originally bought her because she wanted a maid robot to clean that room...

joined Jun 25, 2021

yeah I was hoping she was going to get the robot to do maid work

joined Jan 11, 2014

I can’t help but wonder about the extent to which Nadeshiko actually has a free will and/or personality. I do feel like the moral implications of sex bots having humanoid intelligence is really fucked up, because the power differential between the human owner and the robot sex object is too much.

It would probably just be needlessly cruel to give a sex bot full humanoid intelligence, so that leads me to think that Nadeshiko merely has an imitation of true intelligence that only functions so far as to make the owner have a more pleasurable experience. So does Akane treating Nadeshiko as a human actually achieve anything? Or is Nadeshiko’s “intelligence” merely a means for sex with no real capacity for self reflection or decision making?

This! I also forgot if Nadeshiko has the ability to refuse any commands (forgot most of the details between chapters).

Would Akane find emotional fulfillment in Nadeshiko and how would she go about doing that? Her current qualms is that she's inexperienced and that it's illegal to have a robot that looks and acts too much like a human, due to the moral issues brought up in the comment above. She also seems to be treating Nadeshiko like a human, resulting her liking registering as an owner to kidnapping somebody into slavery...

I think for Akane to form a fulfilling relationship with Nadeshiko, the two will have to break out of the owner/servant framework first by establishing that Nadeshiko DOES have free will. Incidentally, that leaves us with a reality where conscious beings can be forced into sexual servitude from creation, which is an interesting concept to see play out.

last edited at Nov 14, 2021 6:27PM

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

I have had in mind for quite some time a story about a sexbot who starts off having no free will or agency, just pure programming. She is basically a super advanced toaster with tremendous acting skills who is programmed to behave like the ideal sex mate for her owner. But that's all it is: An act. She has zero emotions of her own, zero free will. It's all a pretense.

And then something happens after she meets her owner. A confluence of circumstance and happenstance. And she becomes sentient and sapient. And falls in love with her owner. At that point, although she is still compelled by her programming to be attracted to her owner and is compelled by her programming to want to have sex with her owner, she has free will and agency within those constraints.

I mention this for two reasons:

1) That's one possible way the author of this manga can avoid (or explore!) some thorny ethical issues about sapient sexbots.

2) If I ever get up off my ass and actually write the fiction I have in my head, I want it on record that I didn't get the idea from this manga. :D

joined Oct 2, 2021

I have had in mind for quite some time a story about a sexbot who starts off having no free will or agency, just pure programming. She is basically a super advanced toaster with tremendous acting skills who is programmed to behave like the ideal sex mate for her owner. But that's all it is: An act. She has zero emotions of her own, zero free will. It's all a pretense.

And then something happens after she meets her owner. A confluence of circumstance and happenstance. And she becomes sentient and sapient. And falls in love with her owner. At that point, although she is still compelled by her programming to be attracted to her owner and is compelled by her programming to want to have sex with her owner, she has free will and agency within those constraints.

1) That's one possible way the author of this manga can avoid (or explore!) some thorny ethical issues about sapient sexbots.

2) If I ever get up off my ass and actually write the fiction I have in my head, I want it on record that I didn't get the idea from this manga. :D

Good post and sounds like a great idea.
This story might be going this way.
I hope it does.

joined Aug 17, 2021

So "Detroit become Human" with sex bot

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

So "Detroit become Human" with sex bot

Don't recognize that reference.

last edited at Nov 14, 2021 9:43PM

joined May 8, 2018

I don't know why I laughed at super friends.

Luna.
joined Jun 14, 2021

I love this manga, it's so funny and interesting

joined Jul 26, 2016

Classic "emergent AI" scenario that - an emulation of a personality spontaneously turning into one.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I think Ive read a hentai that went like that, though it had a sad ending

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I wish I had a robot that could just do back/shoulder/hand massages.
The worst thing about being single is that I need to pay someone to do even a small massage. I'd return the favour, of course.

On the subject of sex-robots specifically, though. They really should have programmed her to actually listen. She might be able to do physical stuff great, but some people really do need to be listened to in order to not be traumatised by sex...

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I'm bothered by how many of the commenters are super blase about the very issues brought up by this manga. Yes, there's sex in it. We like that bit, but get over that for a second. From the very first chapter, the idea of sentient sex robots being illegal has been brought up over and over again, and our MC seems to agree with those laws. Some commenters here have made some really insightful comments about why this is the case, and they've kind of ... been ignored by the majority of commenters.

So, here's the issue: we're on board with this MC, because she's sweet and caring and knows that it would be wrong to take advantage of this girl just for sex just because she "has to" have sex according to her programming. But what if the MC was not sweet and nice? What if the MC was abusive, what if they literally only used the bot for sex whenever it was convenient, or they were frustrated or mad, and didn't care about the possibility of breaking the bot, about messing with their programming and breaking down the AI "self" of the robot?
This is the moral problem.

12993445_1138540659544820_3317986680163613305_n
joined Dec 7, 2014

i need a robot like that in my life -sad lonely noises-

last edited at Nov 15, 2021 10:02AM

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Lowkey hoping this wouldn’t take the same route as “Absolute Boyfriend” where the FL also refuses to “register” herself as the owner of the robot. Because of this, other people have the potential to “own” the robot.

This is very good so far though! Thanks for translating it!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It's a manga. There is no such thing as a robot without full human intelligence, quasi-free will, and the potential for emotion once they've interacted with the right human for a while.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

As someone who has read a lot of manga and a lot of Western science fiction . . . I hate to tell you, but you've just reinvented half of all stories about robots. This is an amazingly common trope. One might even argue that Talky Toaster in Red Dwarf goes through this arc. There are good reasons it's common, it's very powerful.

last edited at Nov 15, 2021 2:17PM

joined Jul 21, 2020

I know some of you were still hoping against hope that Nadeshiko would turn out to be a real human girl pretending to be a robot... but it's over now, you all just gotta give up.

Come to think of it Nadeshiko could make herself useful when Akane is at her job—she could clean the place, do the laundry, all the house chores. I recall Nadeshiko is turned off at night to save battery, but I'm 99% sure we know for a fact that during the day her switch remains on. But then what does she do all day long, while Akane works? Watch tv?

Not exactly the best purchase ever if she's programmed to be the sort of wife who thinks she doesn't have to do anything except look good and have sex.

Maybe Akane will need to buy another robot to be a maid for Nadeshiko—and hope that this time they don't mess up her order and send her the one who looks like a walking waterbutt but is programmed to do housework!

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Not exactly the best purchase ever if she's programmed to be the sort of wife who thinks she doesn't have to do anything except look good and have sex.

Of course she's programmed for housework, duh! She cleans like a pro, she does laundry like a boss, she washes the dishes like a champ, and she cooks like a five-stars chef!
But to unlock these functions you have to register with your finger in her vag.
Heh heh.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

super friends pfft

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Almost got her Master there with the registry, lol

joined Sep 13, 2018

what do you mean by subtext territory , the robot made her cum 6 times the moment they meet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.