Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

joined Apr 1, 2013

Bruh we waited 2 months for an Extra... cmon these releases are slow af...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Miko truly is a good teacher to be able to get her to cook this well after starting at Homer Simpson levels...

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

So I assume she has scars on her arms. Question is are those from the accident or from self harm attempts.

joined Aug 29, 2019

So I assume she has scars on her arms. Question is are those from the accident or from self harm attempts.

IIRC we were shown the scars in an earlier chapter, and I think they were burn scars. Don't have the time rn to find the relevant page, sorry.

last edited at Aug 20, 2021 7:58AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

IIRC we were shown the scars in an earlier chapter, and I think they were burn scars. Don't have the time rn to find the relevant page, sorry.

I was sure it as somewhere around the festival chapter, but in the end the only moment I could find on a quick search was actually already in the very first chapter on page 4...

joined Aug 29, 2019

Found it. Chapter 5, Page 10, festival arc like you said.
She also appears to not be wearing a long sleeve undershirt in this scene but rather long cuffs, seeing as she's pulling them down from the top slightly.

last edited at Aug 20, 2021 10:14AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, I knew it had to be there. Manged to overlook that in the rush, though.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Miko confirmed

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Maybe Miko was the voice that told her to live, who at first tried to save Hinako from a distance, but after observing her long enough soon figured out that wouldn’t be enough and became a part of her life to further help her by being exactly what Hinako thought she need/wanted, at first she did it simply to save Hinako, but overtime she grew too attached and chose to never leave her side bc she ended up loving her. And now we just have to wait and see if she survives this arc, or if she was just set up to be another tragic loss in Hinako’s life.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Maybe Miko was the voice that told her to live, who at first tried to save Hinako from a distance, but after observing her long enough soon figured out that wouldn’t be enough and became a part of her life to further help her by being exactly what Hinako thought she need/wanted, at first she did it simply to save Hinako, but overtime she grew too attached and chose to never leave her side bc she ended up loving her. And now we just have to wait and see if she survives this arc, or if she was just set up to be another tragic loss in Hinako’s life.

Seeing as another tragic loss wouldn't exactly strengthen Hinako's will to live, I doubt Shiori would take killing Miko lightly at this point. That is assuming that Miko really is as benevolent as she'd want us to believe.

last edited at Aug 21, 2021 3:57PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Miko! Miko! Miko!

Also how is she such a good cook? Is she like Horo from Spice and Wolf, immortal experienced wolf spirit?

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I really wonder what Miko' motives are. Love the dark atmophere...

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Kinda reminds me of Hekikai no Aion, only yuri. Hekikai no Aion also featured menacing supernatural ocean stuff, mermaids as monsters, and a bleak, kind of depressing vibe; there's even something about the art that reminds me, although I can't put my finger on what.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

zeffy101 posted:

zeffy101 posted:

Where are the chapter releases???

Hi, please stop asking for updates. It's not helpful for anyone and pretty rude to the scanlators who are spending their free time to bring us good content.

joined Apr 19, 2020

zeffy101 posted:

zeffy101 posted:

Hi, please stop asking for updates. It's not helpful for anyone and pretty rude to the scanlators who are spending their free time to bring us good content.

As someone who doesn't follow what groups do, is it normal for groups to say if they drop something?

Not saying they have or haven't here, just curious.

Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

As someone who doesn't follow what groups do, is it normal for groups to say if they drop something?

Not saying they have or haven't here, just curious.

It's probably uncommon for a group to make a formal announcement if they've dropped something, but I would say in most cases, if you asked a group, they'd be happy to tell you whether or not they were still working on it.

At least in this case, I can tell you in confidence that this series is still being worked on~

joined Oct 30, 2021

zeffy101 posted:

zeffy101 posted:

yea lmao people who keep asking for releases are super ignorant to everything else
I mean I have the hype and like "YO WHATS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT" as well but like demanding it like that is weird

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

one goes boom, the other goes crack
one has got a temper and the other is wack
blondy trusts one who says she's fodder
would be wierd if she distrusts the other

joined Aug 21, 2021

Adult shiori got me feelin' things ngl.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Thirsty for new chapters

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Little sister mode is too adorable... ^_^

Also, are we missing a chapter or should the file be named 8.5 and not 9.5?

Lol%20eiko
joined Mar 29, 2021

Yooo, this is a pretty nice series that I found just browsing through recent in the forum. Absolutely nutty art, water theme goes brrrrrr (in a good way). Monthlies always hurt with the low volume of releases but if the quality keeps up as it has right now, then I'm happy to wait. Although, I do have to say I found the series on a pretty bad cliffhanger with that reveal.

Download
joined Aug 25, 2019

Hm, she asks what one would prefer...

Tall, flat-chested, office lady with short hair and a tomboy demeanor. And probably sneakers instead of high heels, because I love the combination of sneakers and tights aesthetically. Plus, it's a really comfortable combination to wear.

Too bad to my knowledge a character like that has only ever been used in Het works and not Yuri.

This story is depressing, but I can't stop reading it. These Extras probably are helping with that.

last edited at Nov 13, 2021 9:59AM

joined Jan 13, 2021

Man, I love how this story plays around with 'monster-romance' conventions. The whole Inhuman character goes 'I can change myself into whatever form you'd like', only for the protagonist to say 'I like your original form the best' is a staple scenario, but this variant is rendered hilarious by the fact that Shiori's actual natural form probably looks something out of R'lyeh, and her 'original' form in this context is just a conventionally attractive shape a predator takes to lure in their prey. Accordingly, Hinako's 'I prefer your original self' response is provoked more by a disgust of the transformation process than actual attraction to Shiori's usual form (though she definitely feels something special for her). They've essentially got a predator-prey relationship where the predator's utter lack of subtlety is balanced out by the prey's utter lack of self-preservative instinct, and so they loop around into a bizarre sort of companionship. Peak romance, can't wait for more.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

I wish she had been a loli since the start.

To reply you must either login or sign up.