Forum › An Illustrated Guide to Sapphic Behavior discussion

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

jesus, that's one hell of a story. Best wishes on a speedy recovery!

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

SushiKnight posted:

Ok so first of all Linterdiction,

Like, I said the exact thing she said when I cut the tip of my finger off cooking

You WHAT?

Yeah dude. I failed to respect a peeler because, you know, it's not a knife, right? what could it do? and basically, it caught me lackin'. It got me pretty deep, snagged a good chunk of my fingernail, which twisted with my skin so I couldn't effectively cover the site and stop the bleeding. So I went into shock and almost passed out, but I stayed awake, called the Urgent Care, drove myself over there, bleeding into a towel, and they took care of me. I was dead calm too, it was the damndest thing. There was some screaming in the beginning (it did hurt), and I was definitely a little rattled, but the nurse was pretty surprised that my blood pressure wasn't really elevated at all. She said something like, "you're doing pretty well, all things considered," and I was like, "are you kidding me, I'm a lesbian! this finger carries the weight of my future, I'm worried as hell!" (She did laugh. Whether she was laughing at the joke or the dickhead sitting there bullshitting while a river of blood descended from her finger, who can say).

Anyway, the laughing stopped around the time the doctor came in and fuckin' stuck a needle directly into the wound to deliver anaesthetic so she could peel my flesh and mangled fingernail apart with a pair of fancy tweezers and, I admit, I wasn't entirely silent during the process. But yeah, I got lucky and there was no nerve damage, and they bandaged me up and sent me home.

So yeah, for the past couple weeks I've been walking around with a big blue bandage on, pickling my finger in a funky mixture of sweat + antibiotic ointment and involuntarily pointing at everything like a dickhead while re-learning how to type in the stupidest way possible (POV: you are my computer).

...Uhhhh, I mean, this comment is totally about the manga and is definitely not completely off-topic. As a demonstration of good faith, I even read the most recent chapters before posting and have this super insightful thing to say about it:

While I had fun bullshitting with the nurse, we vibed together, and she was pretty, I definitely don't think it was a fateful encounter type of thing like this manga. Hopefully, that means I won't injure myself while writing this comment in a moment of poetic (and dumb-assed) irony, and unlike our MC continue to keep my yuri intake and romantic prospects (such as they are) from crossing streams. I'm doing just fine living a life where injury is not a plot point, thank you very much.

(see mods? Wasn't that a smooth tie-in? No off-topic discussion here, no siree, this totally on-topic comment just had a really long start-up time. pls no remove)

Wait what, I also sliced the tip of my finger on a peeler and went into shock, probably not as badly as you as I didn't go to the hospital but what the hell

FreedomandJustice
joined Jun 16, 2020

Linterdiction... fist off best of luck for your recovery, second, that was an incredible story thanks for sharing.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

deltahalo241 posted:

Wait what, I also sliced the tip of my finger on a peeler and went into shock, probably not as badly as you as I didn't go to the hospital but what the hell

omg twinsies

FreedomandJustice posted:

Linterdiction... fist off best of luck for your recovery, second, that was an incredible story thanks for sharing.

Thank you, thank you, you're too kind. The 5-ish days of constant, intense throbbing pain were a bit rough, but it's been mostly smooth sailing since then.

last edited at Nov 2, 2021 1:22AM

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Mad Max Yuri Road

I want to live in the universe where this is a thing

Best of wishes, Linterdiction!

last edited at Nov 2, 2021 5:05AM

joined Dec 13, 2020

This is the perfect fragrance to wear when the yuri express arrives to Tangerine Station.

(There's no way they made this perfume by coincidence, right? The people at Label Perfumes knew perfectly well the meaning those two scents have in common... right!?)

joined Dec 30, 2020

blessed update <3

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Smooth, doc. Must be nice

%e2%80%8f%e2%80%8f3b41c630da1d5f54055c73f6c5e80f31%20-%20%d9%86%d8%b3%d8%ae%d8%a9
joined May 24, 2020

more of the girl with the bun X the author KUDASAI!!! ಥ_ಥ

joined Oct 2, 2021

YEEEAAHHHHHH BBBBBOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

This is the perfect fragrance to wear when the yuri express arrives to Tangerine Station.

(There's no way they made this perfume by coincidence, right? The people at Label Perfumes knew perfectly well the meaning those two scents have in common... right!?)

I had to look it up and might buy it, just for the kicks, I wonder if I'll get gayer

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This doctor is such a chad. She just effectively cuts through all the bullshit and games that accompany gl romance so often, and just goes for it

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I am entertained ngl

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

okay, I MUST know. where could one, hypothetically, find this "Yuri Cineplex"?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Heaven.

EDIT:

And re: Chap. 2.8. I'm really not into scolding fictional characters for their fictional behavior, but:

Sending a friend spoof texts from their crush is decidedly NOT OK.

Bad friends. Bad, bad friends.

last edited at Nov 3, 2021 2:27PM

joined Nov 14, 2014

Yeah can I have a ticket too? Accompanying the Doc if possible >///<

joined Aug 10, 2021

Yeah can I have a ticket too? Accompanying the Doc if possible >///<

No, doctor deserves her only.

Find your own queen :P

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

These webtoon yuri actually make progress within a few chapters lol

Already our MC has scored a date

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Oh yeah, it's all coming together

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

All these yuri protags get hot gf’s by doing the dumbest shit in really cute ways, why can’t I do that.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I thought redheaded nurse was trying to spike the relationship, but maybe instead she was pushing for Dr Yu to take it outside the hospital and go for it. They've obviously seen each other seduce other young women.

Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

just started reading this turns out I already did lmao in MD

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

BOOM!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

All these yuri protags get hot gf’s by doing the dumbest shit in really cute ways, why can’t I do that.

Recent manhua in particular really do seem to have a penchant for featuring adorable idiots possessed of a formidable degree of uselessness, even though the characters at least do start out as acknowledged (at least to themselves) lesbians who know they're into women--this protagonist and the one in Straight Girl Trap are pretty much neck-and-neck in regard to flustered fantasizing.

And although it's not clear yet how Fruitless Betrothal is going to shake out, that MC doesn't seem like she'd be too far behind.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

My girl is gonna die of thirst before she gets laid!

To reply you must either login or sign up.