Forum › My Favorite Idol Became My Little Sister discussion

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Like the art but not fond of the story.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

You treat her like dirt and expect her to like you for your personality?

joined Dec 18, 2020

You treat her like dirt and expect her to like you for your personality?

Exactly. I don't like the personality of any character so far though, which is a problem.

Thanks for translating.

last edited at Oct 27, 2021 6:07PM

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Wonder what's her motive with trying to get her to stop coming to the fan greetings

last edited at Oct 27, 2021 7:37PM

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Think the series will still be yuri because the raw website say something along the lines of "yuri romantic comedy"

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

Ah I love tsunderes so much, is that bad for my health? Perhaps. But, I look forward to Ichika eventually warming up Kanon's rotten personality. To be fair Kanon being rotten is kinda funny to me.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Akane kinda mean af

271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

ill not complain if this turns out be a citrus

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Given how Akane acts sweet around her parents, I kind of wonder if she isn't keeping up a similar if downplayed act around them as well, and if Ichika could be her opportunity to fully let loose.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

MC really hasnt done anything wrong

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The chika* idol girl is very lucky, because with just one parent, it's a certainty she'd be completely screwed as an underground idol.

I like Akane. I think she's perfectly correct letting Ichika know the facts. She could put it much more nicely, but maybe she figures she needs to get through to her first. She's got a much healthier mindset than Ichika's.

*underground idols are called chika idols 地下アイドル. 地 chika means ground but underground in the compound.That makes it weird, I think, that Ichika's nickname when she's being a fan is Chika. It's also interesting that there's the name cheki associated with them for pictures

last edited at Oct 29, 2021 1:16PM

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

Lmao Kanon really thought Ichika likes her even after she treats her bad at home

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

tsun tsun, i can feel love brewing

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Tsundere!

haha,i can see the future of you two! you can't run away!

last edited at Nov 24, 2021 3:20AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Im worried this is gonna be All Akane beating Up Ichika and Ichika not doing anything about it

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I want to like this one, but I’m really not feeling it yet. Both Ichika’s infatuation with “Kanon” and Akane’s abuse of Ichika seem plausible in themselves (Ichika’s just a fangirl, and Akane needs to establish a distance between her stage persona and her real self) but their level seems to be excessive and under-motivated in the present circumstances.

Maybe if we got more background on why each of those things are so important to the characters Ichika wouldn’t come off as just an oblivious idiot and Akane wouldn’t seem so gratuitously psychopathic. But given this author’s other recent work in this vein, I’m not holding my breath for much nuanced psychological development.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

I want to like this one, but I’m really not feeling it yet. Both Ichika’s infatuation with “Kanon” and Akane’s abuse of Ichika seem plausible in themselves (Ichika’s just a fangirl, and Akane needs to establish a distance between her stage persona and her real self) but their level seems to be excessive and under-motivated in the present circumstances.

Maybe if we got more background on why each of those things are so important to the characters Ichika wouldn’t come off as just an oblivious idiot and Akane wouldn’t seem so gratuitously psychopathic. But given this author’s other recent work in this vein, I’m not holding my breath for much nuanced psychological development.

I think Ichika just want a little sister so she come to the Idol meeting because she want to see that sister(personality) despite being treated like shit by her new sister. And I thinks what Akane trying to do is make Ichika hate her because she consider hardcore fan a disgusting pig(not a very healthy mindset but it truth there a fan like that. I thinks her real personality isn't what we saw up until now).

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think Ichika just want a little sister so she come to the Idol meeting because she want to see that sister(personality) despite being treated like shit by her new sister. And I thinks what Akane trying to do is make Ichika hate her because she consider hardcore fan a disgusting pig(not a very healthy mindset but it truth there a fan like that. I thinks her real personality isn't what we saw up until now).

Yeah, agreed, but that’s kind of my point. We haven’t quite been given a strong reason why Ichika would so desperately want a little sister that she would ignore/block out Akane’s vicious abuse, nor have we actually seen Akane (as Kanon) suffering from negative fan behavior that would explain insults like “pig” and treating her new stepsister like dirt. Akane just seems to despise Ichika for being taken in by the fake public persona.

The behaviors themselves are explicable, but to me the over-the-top way they’re presented make the characters come off as worse (dumber and meaner, respectively) than I think they’re supposed to.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Can't be a good sign that I was looking forward to some bullying.

joined Sep 2, 2021

I understand your frustration of wanting everything to have reason to it. However, it's not a requirement for all mangakas to write realistic stories, and that's okay—mangas don't necessarily have to be realistic, for it to be good.

This manga is tagged "comedy," which leads me to believe that a lot of the things displayed in the manga is for, well, comedic purposes. And it works, I'm very amused by this manga.

In my opinion(you don't have agree), it's just another anime trope: Cute on the outside, devilish on the inside. Reliant Onee-sama on the outside, airhead otaku in the inside. I'm guessing it's the gap moe and absurd scenes in this manga that makes it funny and good.

last edited at Nov 24, 2021 8:41AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

In my opinion(you don't have agree), it's just another anime trope: Cute on the outside, devilish on the inside. Reliant Onee-sama on the outside, airhead otaku in the inside. I'm guessing it's the gap moe and absurd scenes in this manga that makes it funny and good.

You’re right—in retrospect I was just being long-winded about saying that I would like this better if I didn’t find Ichika quite so stupid and pathetic and Akane didn’t seem so creepy.

joined Jul 23, 2014

You’re right—in retrospect I was just being long-winded about saying that I would like this better if I didn’t find Ichika quite so stupid and pathetic and Akane didn’t seem so creepy.

Agreed, Akane comes out as needlessly mean/malicious.

joined Sep 2, 2021

I understand your thought process, you are thinking logically(which is a great thing). Personally, I tend to not worry too much about reasons the character is the way they are, because then I won't be able to sleep at night with unanswered questions.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

feel some love brewing in her, tsun tsun TwT

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

feel some love brewing in her, tsun tsun TwT

Well, yeah—Akane’s pretty much got to do a heel>face turn somehow, or the story will just be her bitching at Ichika the whole time.

She’s got quite a hole to climb out of, though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.