Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Denny%202
joined Aug 21, 2021

Didn't know she had blue hair, can't wait for this arc to end, Hima good to a fault and really needs to know when to mind her own business and Shiho is a tsundere a character trop I never liked but her version comes off as a real life tsundere which is even worse

joined Jan 6, 2017

controversial take but I like this arc

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

This manga is trash. I mean, sorry but that's the truth.

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

I knew from the beginning this manga would go nowhere. The characters, especially Hima, are so unrealistic.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I knew from the beginning this manga would go nowhere. The characters, especially Hima, are so unrealistic.

It's a work of fiction, it doesn't need to be realistic.

last edited at Oct 22, 2021 12:54AM

joined Jun 8, 2019

WHO IS THAT? I DONT HAVE MEMORIES ABOUT HER AT ALL?!!!

joined Oct 2, 2021

It doesn't , but this story probably should have a touch more realism than it does.

last edited at Oct 22, 2021 2:04AM

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

The cover is gorgeous. Also, blue hair really suit her. So cute!

joined Aug 23, 2021

Hold on did they ever hint that Kyou was friends with the other members of Laureley? She really just appeared out of nowhere in the extras.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Always cute to see another entirely ineffective kabedon attempt. ^_^

joined Aug 13, 2021

I don't care about the actual arc, this manga is still so beautiful and wholesome

last edited at Oct 23, 2021 11:18AM

joined Jul 23, 2021

Hold on did they ever hint that Kyou was friends with the other members of Laureley? She really just appeared out of nowhere in the extras.

Well, Kyou mentioned she has a younger sister in the same grade as Shiho, and Momoka is surprised by seeing Hajime coming to the picnic alone without Kyou. Piecing all that together, I'm pretty sure Kyou and Hajime are sisters and that's how Momoka knows her.

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

It doesn't , but this story probably should have a touch more realism than it does.

But why? For many, manga/comics and anime is a way to escape reality even if it was just for a few hours—because it is the world of imagination, anything and everything is possible. So why would you ruin that fine world, with reality?

To begin with anime and mangas were never that realistic. And besides there's a fine line between reality and fiction. If you get those two muddled up too much—you get people who thinks they are an anime character, when the reality is, the anime character is just realistically based off of humans.

In my opinion, the goal of mangakas is to draw that fine line. If you're too addicted to reality, nothing will be fun.

joined Oct 22, 2021

i know lots of people dislike shiho and probably feel no sympathy towards her but i’ve always liked her and after this extra i feel kind of awful.. shiho was already clearly torn after finding out himari was dating yori this whole time once she confided in her so i can only imagine what her reaction would be once she finds out momoka and haji are close with kyou.

i wish the storytelling of this manga was paced better and it was less throwing things in randomly, maybe then it would be more appealing to others

i also wish that they would allow more chances for shiho to show Some redeeming qualities because at this rate they’re throwing her into situations where Anyone would react badly but it just seems worse coming from her because she was already an ass to people in the past, which leads to people disliking her even more.

i’m not sure where this manga is even going anymore but all i’m hoping for is that it won’t be resolved with some “shiho was doing all of this because she loved aki” thing because that would be incredibly disappointing. i’d like to see a situation where shiho is forced to come to terms with her actions and not just brush it off with some cheesy tsundere rivals to lovers plot

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Considering how even the side characters in both bands are more or less paired up leaving Shiho and Aki as the odd ones out, I wouldn't get my hopes up on Shiho's motivation being anything more complex than that.

joined Oct 22, 2021

you’re right and it’s really disappointing especially with how they’re dragging this arc out, you’d think there’d be something more that comes out of it but i’m doubtful myself

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

To be fair, Shiho leaving the band was the catalyst for the entire story with Yori performing in her place and Himari happening to watch her at the start, so the resolution of her feud with the SS Girls is meant to be one of the most important aspects of the plot. Maybe the author considers it a bigger deal than it's coming across as to some readers.

joined Apr 6, 2021

i know lots of people dislike shiho and probably feel no sympathy towards her but i’ve always liked her and after this extra i feel kind of awful.. shiho was already clearly torn after finding out himari was dating yori this whole time once she confided in her so i can only imagine what her reaction would be once she finds out momoka and haji are close with kyou.

i wish the storytelling of this manga was paced better and it was less throwing things in randomly, maybe then it would be more appealing to others

i also wish that they would allow more chances for shiho to show Some redeeming qualities because at this rate they’re throwing her into situations where Anyone would react badly but it just seems worse coming from her because she was already an ass to people in the past, which leads to people disliking her even more.

I can’t find any sympathy for Shiho because I’m pretty much every scene she appears in, she is incredibly antagonist, conflictive and unlikeable. She is rude to everyone except her new band mates and Hima. Her backstory did nothing for me at all, she realized she wasn’t the best at violin and grew to hate her best friend because she was better than her. She clearly has low self esteem, but the way she acted to her friend just made me feel nothing towards her. I think what makes people dislike her so much is her narcissism and refusal to compromise. The author is going to have to make some serious changes if they want the majority of the audience to see Shiho in a positive light by the end of the story.

i’m not sure where this manga is even going anymore but all i’m hoping for is that it won’t be resolved with some “shiho was doing all of this because she loved aki” thing because that would be incredibly disappointing. i’d like to see a situation where shiho is forced to come to terms with her actions and not just brush it off with some cheesy tsundere rivals to lovers plot

I think this is one thing that almost EVERYONE can agree on. It would be the most predictable and boring way to take things. Your suggestion would be a much better, more refreshing, and more satisfying way to take things. But the way the story feels like it’s going, it seems like the author is taking the easy way out. And that is just so disappointing:(

last edited at Oct 22, 2021 9:49PM

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

I also knew someone would say this. With the setting is school life, normal life, we expect things happen like real life so people can relate. Do you think this is Naruto or Bleach or something?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I also knew someone would say this. With the setting is school life, normal life, we expect things happen like real life so people can relate. Do you think this is Naruto or Bleach or something?

Don't make me search for some titles with school life; normal life setting who are unrealistic.like dunno Citrus. Being a "normal life" setting doesn't mean it had to be realistic.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Dropped this a while ago, and judging by the recent comments it seems it was the right choice. Pretty sad actually, the author’s art style is very cute, but like “zzz…” I mean, the level of emotion it reached back in chapter 4 was never achieved again iho. I get that editorials need manga to be long, but is it so hard to just deliver a monthly chapter of little energy girl and tall kudere girl being lovey dovey af?

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

this manga is shit, i dropped it at the "i love you senpai but it's not romance love" part

this is shit

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

this manga is shit, i dropped it at the "i love you senpai but it's not romance love" part

this is shit

How are you here if you dropped it back then?
Genuinely curious

joined Dec 28, 2016

Really don't get how people can hate Hima but like Shiho. Sure Hima isn't a perfect person but at least she's well intentioned. Shiho is narcissistic, self-centered and just an all-round arsehole. Sure she had her reasons for leaving the band but she could at least have the common courtesy to tell them why or at least give an excuse.

Indeed, there isn't a single redeeming quality about Shiho.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

At this point I just want to see it to the end purely for the sake of Yori and Hima. But it's all hinging on SS Girls coming out on top - the author has put a fifty ton weight on a balance the size of a bee's stinger and put the "I'mma do whatever the f**k I want" Shiho on top as if the whole thing won't tip over.

The story's quality has certainly dropped, but unless the problem with Shiho is dealt with properly I see no way out for the author that doesn't involve a love/hate relationship between Aki and Shiho...

To reply you must either login or sign up.