Forum › World's First Romcom: Oga & Bebe discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hi. Yep, this is another het series. No, there's no sudden big change to what we're uploading, so don't think too much on it. Before posting, please consider reading the rules. Rule 10 in particular is of note:

Tags are meant to inform users so that they may interact with works that appeal to them, and avoid those which do not. If your comment on a given work could be summed up as a comment on the tag itself, please avoid making the comment. Repeat offenders may be disciplined as necessary.

If you have something off-topic thoughts about Het or anything else you wish to share with us, you may voice those thoughts in the Help thread, but please do not voice them here. This is the thread for World's First Romcom: Oga & Bebe, all comments are expected to remain on topic. Thank you.

Also, thanks so much to Cyan Steam for all that they do! And for bringing us this.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Oshiba's a good brother.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Bebe and Oga are too cuteee. I'm happy humanity had boomers from the start

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

It kinda had me hooked in the first bit, then completely lost me when that ended up being a prototype and the real manga changed style so sharply. Oh well. I'm following too many gag romance mangas as it is.

joined May 24, 2014

Reminds me of Ayla from Chrono Trigger

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Hey guys, I proofread this series, and it's super cute. Dorky romance is always cute to me, regardless of the gender of the characters. It's also pretty funny, and the art is very nice.

If you hate het, that's cool too. Check out Tokyouin Reika, the Billionaire - a oneshot we did by the same mangaka. Oga & Bebe is Okiraku Boy's first serialized work, and if it is successful, we may eventually get a yuri series from them because they clearly love Tokyouin. (See their twitter for tons of great drawings of her and her incredible eyebrows.

<3

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

Hey guys, I proofread this series, and it's super cute. Dorky romance is always cute to me, regardless of the gender of the characters. It's also pretty funny, and the art is very nice.

If you hate het, that's cool too. Check out Tokyouin Reika, the Billionaire - a oneshot we did by the same mangaka. Oga & Bebe is Okiraku Boy's first serialized work, and if it is successful, we may eventually get a yuri series from them because they clearly love Tokyouin. (See their twitter for tons of great drawings of her and her incredible eyebrows.

<3

Thank you for recommending that oneshot, it was a pleasure to read.

last edited at Oct 15, 2021 1:40AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

This is an interesting use of Historical. Also, "Humanity's First Impressionist", lol

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Hell it's Steve Miller and Cyan steam, so probably good. First two chapters are ok, although I wish there was less of a size gap.

joined Feb 1, 2021

This is an interesting use of Historical. Also, "Humanity's First Impressionist", lol

Prehistorical ?

joined Jun 5, 2018

How do they know their age? Calender isnt a thing yet. And that wasnt a metaphor, it was a comparison! Well, either way, just had to get this out.

And Ill have to agree with bitfarb. The "sudden" change doesnt feel right. I was hoping something like Hakumei and Mikochi style adventure, with romance in it, and not solely focusing on that.

last edited at Oct 15, 2021 5:48AM

joined May 24, 2014

I thought this site is only for yuri..??

Ooga Booga! No It isn't! Ooga Booga!

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Hell it's Steve Miller and Cyan steam, so probably good. First two chapters are ok, although I wish there was less of a size gap.

"Steve Miller" lol! I'm glad you trust our judgement.

Thank you for recommending that oneshot, it was a pleasure to read.

Yay! I'm super glad you enjoyed it.

This is an interesting use of Historical. ...

Earth Girls also uses that tag, and it's in a similar universe.

last edited at Oct 15, 2021 7:16PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

YuriNeverEndsForMe posted:

I thought this site is only for yuri..??

You thought wrong. This was covered in the first post of the thread. Banned for a day. Take care.

Illyasvielgay
joined Mar 6, 2021

I for one am devastated that this site isn't about the Dynasty Warriors tie-in video game of the hit 1981 science fiction horror film, Scanners

Why's Oga smaller in the oneshot, is this the world's first human growth spurt?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Okay, this is pretty goddamned cute actually. I was all primed to be cynical about it but it's actually really funny and wholesome.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I for one am devastated that this site isn't about the Dynasty Warriors tie-in video game of the hit 1981 science fiction horror film, Scanners

I would pay a lot of money for such a game, although I'm upset that there isn't any Scanners yuri on the site. I feel like that's right up Dowman Sayman's alley.

Big ups to the Steve Miller Band for this series though. It's pretty c o o l

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Cute and all... but this is just a SFW version of a H*ntai I once read.
Down to the "First XX in human history" running gag.

Phone
joined Jul 23, 2020

yooo, i've been really interested in reading this, glad to see it's getting translated

joined Sep 12, 2021

Oshiba's a good brother.

He's now a fashion genius too.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Huh... unsure about that boomer/millennial bit in chapter 5...

joined Jun 6, 2021

Even in prehistory, the Japanese were somehow made very ill by water.

Ec324dcc-cdf2-41b8-a84a-08270b64c8bc
joined Feb 20, 2019

I got a lot of giggles and wheezes when I read ch12: The First Compliment. It reminds me of my embarrassing moments when I tried show off to someone I like but I learned about “ just be yourself “ after this happened. Hehe! I’m really enjoying it. <3

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Holy shit, we've got lyric references from Genesis and Blue Öyster Cult.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Holy shit, we've got lyric references from Genesis and Blue Öyster Cult.

You can thank Stan for that one lol.

[14] First swimsuits and beach tags in human history.

last edited at Nov 5, 2021 5:54PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.