Forum › Sweet Days with a Boy discussion

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Awwwww yeah, always a fan of sound effects that trend toward sounds rather than descriptions! I suggest changing -ing sfx to verbs as well to get that sound effect feeling

I was worried from the first chapter that this was going to be a sort of bildungsroman where The Iron Lady who shirks her cultural expectations was going to be pulled back in line to be the sort of cute woman her colleagues expect her to be through her experiences with this mysterious boy. But hey, chapter 2 isn't going in that direction, it seems to be more about building positive relationships.

last edited at Oct 12, 2021 11:21PM

joined Feb 1, 2021

In other words, fukkin shoot me.dead. Oh well.

Imagining this post coming from your profile picture makes it so much better.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Of course not. I'm glad too, I love your posts.

Aw, shucks. I didn't think my posts were special or frequent enough to be noticed like that - I'm flattered. Assuming that wasn't sarcasm, which if it was, I totally knew that.

As for the new chapter. Yeah, I think I'm done. I gave it a fair shot, but it's just... meh. To blogpost for a bit, my rationale for trying this series was hoping that it'd avoid the usual cliches when it comes to writing dudes, since the guy is clearly meant to be like a "pet cat" or something to her. Which I don't really have a problem with, I mean, I fucking eat up Itou Hachi, so it'd be hypocritical to say anything about that. But two scenes in this chapter just made me done:

1. When he snatched the sketchbook from Morikawa's hand - especially the sharp look in his eyes when he asked what she was doing.
  2. When he pulled Morikawa along and she thought "he's strong because he's a boy after all."

Like 99% of the times when they write guys, why do they always gotta write something about how "but they're still a MAN and loving BUT STILL DANGEROUS" no matter what the actual power dynamic between the two characters are like. Sometimes you have the most crossdressingest feminineist literal shota character ever drawn and he still has to go I am man if his romantic partner is female.

I can already picture the inevitable scene later when Morikawa gets in trouble with some shit guys come in harassing her at her job or wherever and catboy shows up unexpectedly and scares them off with his man energy. It drives me up a goddamn wall because I love the art, and Morikawa is super cute. Kinda reminds me of how I always like shoujo artstyles, and how shoujo manga heroines are super cute. Except they're always with a dude like this.

In other words, fukkin shoot me.dead. Oh well.

I read what you wrote, and I definitely did not recognize the manga I'm working on. AFAIK, it's really not going that route so far. There are a few tropes introduced, but I'm not seeing much of the usual events happening like I could've predicted. Hm, who knows!

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Oh wow, this is actually super wholesome, I don't usually read het, especially not on this site, but I think I'll be sticking around for this one.

joined Feb 2, 2019

So, in the future, DynastyScan become a regular het romance sites?

Hell no..

This sites is yuri related manga only..not with this regular het romance genre.

I know this sites is opened to all who want to upload a manga.
But man, u should not upload that GENRE in here..
Bcz this is NOT the RIGHT place.

Casusby here, you're banned now. Thank you.

last edited at Oct 13, 2021 2:54AM by Casusby

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Kindof a weak chapter for me.

Also, thanks for the spoiler to the asshole above me I guess.

joined Dec 13, 2020

Nothing wrong with the occasional straight romance.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Uwawa cute chapter , but I actually wonder why he feels like that. Since her mother is mc's sister but he feels like family is not a happy place for gim atleast for now

Honoka-x-maki
joined Aug 23, 2018

Is this currently still releasing? Is there any word as to how many chapters there are? If there is no romance by the time this wraps up (at least between the two MCs) I will give this a read.

Tumblr_n8hxly8osm1rw6hhbo1_500
joined Jun 26, 2017

aww, this looks cute. (minus the ending of chapter 1 but i've read far more questionable things in other manga so i'll shrug that off...) i'm enjoying the art and looking forward to how this will play out!

Diana Cavendish
Diana
joined Jun 3, 2020

People in the comments are "fighting" about ordering chinese food at a french restaurant.. i wonder whether they sell italian dishes in a french restaurant as well

joined May 1, 2015

Man this is gonna sound strange but I can relate to both the MC and the kid.
I also had to find hobbies to keep myself busy and forget about stuff.

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

Ramunes posted:

hope you're doing fine buddy

joined May 1, 2015

Ramunes posted:

Yes, I am fine, thanks for asking.
Quite a lot of us have gone through this at some point in our lives.
I hope everyone is able to find at least something that makes them happy.

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

I really like this. The loneliness the characters feel and the misogyny Morikawa deals with hit me a bit harder than I was expecting, but Nagisa is so sweet and I can't wait to see the duo grow closer to each other.
Thank you to Princess Daphie and whoever uploaded this.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Teacher was kinda sussy there but glad to see them opening up slowly

last edited at Oct 13, 2021 8:40PM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Teacher just guessed that the kid was jealous or something.

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

an attempt was made to slip into the dms

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Ramunes posted:

Yes, I am fine, thanks for asking.
Quite a lot of us have gone through this at some point in our lives.
I hope everyone is able to find at least something that makes them happy.

In my case, it's been scanlating, funnily enough!

I really like this. The loneliness the characters feel and the misogyny Morikawa deals with hit me a bit harder than I was expecting, but Nagisa is so sweet and I can't wait to see the duo grow closer to each other.
Thank you to Princess Daphie and whoever uploaded this.

You're welcome. And you and everyone else who had a thought for me, thank you!

joined Mar 15, 2015

As much as I like how the manga isn't afraid to confront workplace sexism in Japan, especially toward unmarried women like Ai, I personally hope Ai's solution isn't to get married. Instead, I'd like to see her platonic/familial relationship with Nagisa help her gain the confidence to believe in herself and the path she's chosen in life and loosen up a little without losing her independence.

joined May 1, 2015

Thank you Daphie,
This story is pretty cool. I am glad it got uploaded here.
In a somewhat related note, I liked when cat boy went nope, I ain't about to be ntred by glasses.
That Kaname guy seems a bit sus.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Even if this never develops into a full blown romance, it's really well written. I'm glad this showed up here. I never would have seen it otherwise.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

^ tbh I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into a full fledged romance. I enjoy the way thing are currently, and establishing a romance between the two MC's would be straight up weird at this point man, it really feels like they are a family now, and it's only the third chapter.

There really is nothing better than having somebody in your life whom you can look forward to seeing at the end of a rough day, this manga is oddly comforting, plus the art is beautiful.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

^ tbh I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into a full fledged romance. I enjoy the way thing are currently, and establishing a romance between the two MC's would be straight up weird at this point man, it really feels like they are a family now, and it's only the third chapter.

There really is nothing better than having somebody in your life whom you can look forward to seeing at the end of a rough day, this manga is oddly comforting, plus the art is beautiful.

Personally I hope if there is any romance it isn't between the MCs. I like their familial dynamic better. Maybe as a culmination to their arc of learning to open up to others they start romances, maybe Morikawa and the teacher or something

joined Jun 7, 2019

tbh i expected romance but i think i like them more as mother/son
tho i wouldn't mind if they end up together,the boy is so pretty (and the fmc is beautiful too) but just if they make a time skip or smth

To reply you must either login or sign up.