Forum › Green Plum Blossom Tea discussion

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

The art is a bit stiff. While I feel like they've done a good job with the lighting and backgrounds, their facial expressions are a bit flat.

The script could also use a bit more refining. While I'm all for quick progress that doesn't drag out for a hundred chapters, things were going maybe a bit too quickly? I feel like I had a hard time following the timeline of events. Also, I couldn't help but laugh at grandma's completely incidental and not at all weird description of the protagonist's circumstances lol

"You enrolled in No. 4 middle school just to be with me due to my declining health. Because of that, you've not made many friends in the last few years. But now you're older and you should have your own life. Go make friends and have fun."
"Thanks, grandma, I had completely forgotten that I didn't have friends and that you were sick! Can I count on you to remind me of anything else I might have forgotten about my life? Hihihi~"

I mean, you don't have characters say things just so that the readers can understand the setting. It'd be a lot better if the grandma just said something like,
"Now that you're in your new school, you should try to make some friends, without worrying about me".
You'd still be able to tell that she didn't have any friends and that her grandma probably has some health issues, but at least it wouldn't be this awkward lol

I didn't think it was that exposition-y, but now that you point it out, yeah, it's a bit weird.

Overall, though, this is really cute and I like it a lot, can't wait to see how this pans out!

Kanistorshik_octavia_portrait_wallpaper
joined May 9, 2011

This is so lovely!
However, I can see grandma's passing being a possible plot point.

joined Mar 20, 2012

Really cute art style, excited for more. Also TIL that in China they have military training in high school, it's also mandatory in my home country, I already forgot all the drills xp.

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

...is it me or is the star charm missing from her backpack?! :O

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yup i noticed and assumed it was another inconsistancy but too minor to bring up on top of the others - it might well be a plot point tho - maybe the other girl will find it.

p.s @kenkyokitsune - ch1 page 4 a bit futher down just after the nurse says 'if nothing happens then you can go back'
there is a strange white bar chopping off the top of the image below- it doesnt seem to be intentional funky layout either since it has no border but I might be wrong.?

It looks like if you cut the white strip out the top part will fit onto the top of the image below.

last edited at Oct 9, 2021 9:56AM

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

there is a strange white bar chopping off the top of the image below- it doesnt seem to be intentional funky layout either since it has no border but I might be wrong.?

Yeah, it's related to that overlap above. Couple of the images in panel 04 basically got moved while I was laying it out, and I've sent in an updated panel that should fix both things! My workflow for combining these images is also better now so this shouldn't happen again. Thanks for alerting me.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

I first read the name of the restaurant as "the little gay oven"

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Girl looked like she had a really short torso on that second page lmao, but perspective drawing sure isn't easy.

last edited at Oct 9, 2021 2:37PM

joined Jul 30, 2020

I wonder when this was written, referring to guys who haven't played in years now.

joined Jan 3, 2020

You know it's gonna be good when there's princess carrying 30 seconds in.

Very true.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Most people now like Shaq but I still like Kobe. How old is this comic 2004?

Kanistorshik_octavia_portrait_wallpaper
joined May 9, 2011

What's "empress of the eight trigrams" supposed to mean?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Trigrams are 3 long sequences of words or word parts used in linguistics for something or other - I think to do with like writing a natural language parser ? maybe shes super good at languages ? No idea why there are 8 - Thats the best i got lol.

last edited at Oct 9, 2021 8:17PM

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Eight Trigrams is a Taoist concept that is frequently mentioned in fengshui and such. In Chinese popular culture, the term is sometimes used in an exaggeration manner, to make something sound mysterious, complex or formidable. Not sure what the exact meaning here, but my guess is that the girl is a piece of work and likes to mess with people.

last edited at Oct 9, 2021 9:48PM

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Most people now like Shaq but I still like Kobe. How old is this comic 2004?

The manhua is set in 2012, and Shaq retired in 2011 and Kobe in 2016, and she's talking about how she watched them growing up. It seems weird reading it in 2021, but I guess this would have been pretty current at the time. (The phones in future episodes are a bit anachronistic though)

Re: the Eight Trigrams thing, I should have explained it or linked to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagua. It's really more for joking "flavor" here, as if you would introduce a new fictional or game character with their name, title/attribute, and power.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Well they sure like like drinking Coke. Do they have product placement deals in China?

last edited at Oct 10, 2021 3:54AM

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Ohh, the i love the art style..

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Is this sponsors by Coca Cola?

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Did you really? DID YOU REALLY?

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the facial expressions are dull. The art is cute, solid and easy on the eyes, but their faces could stand to use more expression.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Ooooh this is bittersweet but i like it!

joined Dec 30, 2020

yeah... i would probably read a couple hundred chapters of this.

getting that glimpse into the future, and watching them get there, is one of my favorite things in the past few years.

thats probably a response to getting yuri-baited and let down so many times.

Yuri Newbie Fan
joined May 16, 2021

She’s just a “normal, dense gay friend” that is.

joined Jun 3, 2021

Chinese comics are not manga, what is the point to bring this here? why comics from China and not from France, Italy or USA? MANGA IS ONLY FROM JAPAN

joined Oct 2, 2021

^ I think you will find that there is nothing on Dynasty reader that says it only displays Japanese manga.

Like some other posters have said, i really like the art, character designs.
Wanna see how this develops, now i'm off to drink a black disgustingly sweet fizzy beverage and
hope my teeth don't rot and fall out.

last edited at Oct 11, 2021 6:38AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

"A normal friend" sure thing, sure thing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.