Forum › My Best Friend Who I Love Fell Completely in Love With My Vtuber Self discussion

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Okay yeah, she knows.

Bold of you to assume she's not dense useless lesbian

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Chapter 5 is so on point. I really hate people exposing VTubers' real identity just to gain attention. I remember there was this one guy on YouTube exposing them sa blatantly, I'm glad he's reported now. You liked the Vtuber because he/she was fun to watch not because you wanna marry the person behind, so the idea of being disillusioned because you don't like how they look irl, is completely on you.

Yessss that! Not sure if anyone cares but, the whole point of Vtubers in the first place is liking their personality and persona. Most of the time they aren’t even playing their characters anymore, but because their personalities matches so well with their persona you could barely tell the differences between what’s reality and what isn’t. And 99% of the time videos of Vtubers “breaking” out of character is them talking about a sensitive or serious topic. Again, they are playing a character, but you can tell they genuinely enjoy the job that they are doing; in a way where everything feels enjoyable. And even if they eventually break character, you still have that connection as a fan who is there to support them as a fan, and only a fan. You aren’t special and posting videos about who is behind the screen, or knowing that information doesn’t make you special either. Sorry not sorry.

Bold of you to assume we want to have such information to feel special... Some of us just want to know bc of a SHEER and PURE curiosity for knowing the kind of person behind

Well no matter the reasoning exposing a Vtuber is still wrong. People need to learn to leave things alone, and curiosity is a poor reason to pry into something that's supposed to be private.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Every chapter, I get the suspicion more and more that friend/fangirl actually knows. Last chapter it felt like bringing up the string of "coincidences" was prodding to see if it'd make MC confess to it, and this new chapter, she literally tells real life MC not to let her VTuber self retire. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but the hinting feels about as subtle as a brick crashing through a window to me.

Yeah the part where she directly told her not to retire the Vtuber character feels odd. Maybe the whole reason she fell for this Vtuber is exactly because she knows it was her best friend and is actually just trying to coax a confession to confirm her suspicion.

We already had that happen with that other manga recently about the disciplinary committee member and the "delinquent" where the committee member is also working at a crossdressing cafe and the "delinquent" acts in love with the crossdressed version, but in reality is in love with the committee member and knew all her secrets.

It's a fun concept but it will get boring if way too many mangas just resort to it as the default twist.

Whats the name of that manga?

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

poor girl, her love interest cannot get a clue for the life of her hahahah

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Despite the series page listing chapter 5 ahead of chapter 6, as it should be, it seems as though the reader had put them the wrong way around

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

muda muda muda

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Don't punch yourself in the throat, kids. It never helps.

joined Apr 16, 2017

Yea this is definitely gonna get serialized

joined Apr 5, 2015

I feel I miss some context here. What on earth is a situation voice drama? And what does she mean by "as punishment".

last edited at Oct 2, 2021 7:40PM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I feel I miss some context here. What on earth is a situation voice drama? And what does she mean by "as punishment".

I'm going to guess it's one of those things where they talk directly to the listener like they are with them, enjoying some activity or other. So a drama where you, the listener, and the speaker are in a situation together

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

It's a (usually) short piece where a voice actor (or vtuber in this case) roleplays as their character in a particular situation. A fairly common one is where the scenario involves them going out on a date with the listener, so the fans can imagine that they're actually dating their idol.

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

She knoooows.

joined Apr 5, 2015

Thank you for the explanation, Random duo.

Is that a common thing for a vtubers? To be honest I don't feel I don't understand much about vtubers at all. I thought they were just regular streamers that use an animated avatar instead of face cam.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Maybe there will be a story arc where her best friend becomes a vtuber too and they become vtuber couple that's totally not Crossick

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Now Sukoya's just trolling her.

ckretaznmayden
__sakura_futaba_persona_and_persona_5_drawn_by_kion_kun__d693cf24f18f5565a7cc666e236df3fc
joined Apr 9, 2019

I don't really think that Sukoya recognizes Doujima Taiga's voice as Teruko's. People are really good at Clark Kenting their identities really well, even with accidents like not turning on the voice changer happening.

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

Quick, someone help her, she's having a stroke!!

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Pixivy update

HUG?!

I saw that too! First checked the raws the day that came out. The raws are so hard to interpret with no context xD

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

No way she doesn't know and is just toying with MC

last edited at Oct 3, 2021 4:55AM

Phone
joined Jul 23, 2020

I want Doujima Taiga to be a real VTuber.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

….unless?

inlove wtit this manga

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Thank you for the explanation, Random duo.

Is that a common thing for a vtubers? To be honest I don't feel I don't understand much about vtubers at all. I thought they were just regular streamers that use an animated avatar instead of face cam.

They are just like most regular streamers with a 2D/3D avatar and some bonus lore to the character they use.
The voice clips/ voice dramas are more of an optional thing. A good few people do it, while others don't. From what I've seen (which admitably isn't a lot), most not all of those who do it are either big named VTubers or off-brand VTubers

To reply you must either login or sign up.