Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Rye posted:

I just freaking popped my glasses hinge out of the frame 2 weeks before something very important...fuck! Classic me! Now, new glasses or repair? I accidentally scratched the lens on my pool literally the weekend I got them so they're kinda super busted now :/

Oh, that sucks...I recently lost the screw on the frame on one side. Can't get anything to properly fit in there (even if it is the right screw. Maybe the old one was magical?). It's a real nightmare...

bubbleteabird posted:

Just wanted to drop by and say hi! Haven't been here or on this site in a long while. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hello! Doing great, hope you're doing well too.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Can you believe it but it's Klee's birthday from Genshin Impact tomorrow followed by Yanfei on Wednesday. :)

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

I've talked before about the great writer and artist (and countrywoman of mine) Xierra099 and her comic series, especially Lovin' Sis which is a smut-fest of yuri and bi action and is already in its 3d season.

This time I want to share some recent posts by her. First one is a reply to some readers who wanted to know of her first romantic experience in high school:

The other is a conversation with fans about the works that influenced her:

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm going to college next week and will travel to the US this week as an international student. This took a lot of trying and it wasn't my first option but stills pretty great haha. I have lived alone before and I'm not nervous tbh, I'm only a little worried about going back to school after so long....don't kill me, Math/Chemistry!
I'll probably still have free time but I'll definitely have to play less gacha hahaha.

Oh, that sucks...I recently lost the screw on the frame on one side. Can't get anything to properly fit in there (even if it is the right screw. Maybe the old one was magical?). It's a real nightmare...

I swear newer glasses are just made worse so we buy new ones every year. I had to go and buy new ones after all, they were supposed to be ready yesterday, we called and it's going to take longer because it had some kind of defect...fml.
My old glasses give me headaches.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/91281721
Fate Nobu x Okita

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

I swear newer glasses are just made worse so we buy new ones every year.

Like everything nowadays pretty much. Quality doesn't matter anymore. Only how many copies they can shove down our throat.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I'm going to college next week and will travel to the US this week as an international student. This took a lot of trying and it wasn't my first option but stills pretty great haha. I have lived alone before and I'm not nervous tbh, I'm only a little worried about going back to school after so long....don't kill me, Math/Chemistry!
I'll probably still have free time but I'll definitely have to play less gacha hahaha.

Going abroad for college is great, so many amazing experiences :) Never been to the US personally, probably a very prejudiced opinion, but I'm a bit scared of the country

last edited at Aug 3, 2021 5:58PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Rye posted:

Hey, congrats! That sounds awesome. Math was easier for me the second time around tbh, sometimes a break and some distance can be really good for your head.

ChikyuuNeko posted:

Never been to the US personally, probably a very prejudiced opinion, but I'm a bit scared of the country

Well it's just a giant place...but I can't say you're wrong to be scared of some parts of it.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Hey everyone! I made it in one piece, it's been a busy week. I'm at a relative's house atm. I'm 99% Dynasty is blocked by at college, so I'll won't be able to chat here or share cute 2d girls anymore for a while. rip hentai too
I had to make a new Discord account after all [snipped by OrangePekoe] Suisei pfp(duh) I'm going to bed and play Genshin Edit: mods, please remove it in a day or too, thanks. Get it while it's hot! I think I'll have like no privacy, so please don't send me lewds, even if I appreciate them, because I might get in trouble. I'm a good family friendly piece of bread after all.

Like everything nowadays pretty much. Quality doesn't matter anymore. Only how many copies they can shove down our throat.

Yep. These new ones seem fine so far, I just hope they last a little longer.

Going abroad for college is great, so many amazing experiences :) Never been to the US personally, probably a very prejudiced opinion, but I'm a bit scared of the country

Haha. I'm only worried about having a roommate tbh, it'll be fine but still, a sleeping next to a stranger yabai. Everyone has been very nice and polite so far. I haven't found a Karen or anything like that just yet... it'll happen sooner or later lol

Hey, congrats! That sounds awesome. Math was easier for me the second time around tbh, sometimes a break and some distance can be really good for your head.

Thanks! I'm not bad at math but ya know, I am kinda dum. I almost embarrassed myself already and it hasn't been a week.
Btw, why are American showers so freaking strange????

https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2021/08/08/tokyo-2021-olympics-rhythmic-gymnastics-team-pays-tribute-to-sailor-moon/

That's pretty poggers ngl

last edited at Aug 16, 2021 1:33PM by OrangePekoe

hello nyas (i am using nya as referring to people/person.)!!!

i really dont know what topic to start but i hope we can start talking and change topic midway so here i am, asking how you think of cats!

i like all cats in general, really. but fluffy cats are my favorite! especially the small ones... so cute!!!! but you, what do you think of them? what are your favorite types of cats?

joined Feb 1, 2021

Someone needs to translate this, it has princess carry AND kabedon

joined Aug 29, 2021

Hi dear,
I love cats too. I don't have any, but I do love to play with the community cats around my neighbourhood. I'm nw in this forum and this is my first post.=(^v^)=

i really dont know what topic to start but i hope we can start talking and change topic midway so here i am, asking how you think of cats!

i like all cats in general, really. but fluffy cats are my favorite! especially the small ones... so cute!!!! but you, what do you think of them? what are your favorite types of cats?

joined Aug 29, 2021

Hello there,
I'm new in this forum.
just want to start a journey of writing and drawing and making some light yuri theme manga, fan doujin and probably some original stories. Not sure where should I find a community of similar interest. Since most of my real friends find this things weird and not really into manga. :)

Index%20(6)
joined Mar 27, 2021

hello forum people, first time listener and first time caller here

Hi dear,
I love cats too. I don't have any, but I do love to play with the community cats around my neighbourhood. I'm nw in this forum and this is my first post.=(^v^)=

ah its okay if your new to this forum, you can just chat around dynasty cafe and chat with other users! the forum name says it all.

i do love to play with community cats around my neighborhood

what kind of cats are they? god i wish i could go outside.. we have a cat at home and all he wishes is attention and extremely lazy..!!

Hello there,
I'm new in this forum.
just want to start a journey of writing and drawing and making some light yuri theme manga, fan doujin and probably some original stories. Not sure where should I find a community of similar interest. Since most of my real friends find this things weird and not really into manga. :)

ah ive been actually planning to be a manga author for all kinds of things but i really dont know where to start.. i also havent figured out any storylines or plots with my manga yet so im off to a really bad start, wb you? you got any interests in becoming a manga author or are you just interested in manga in general?

joined Aug 31, 2021

Hello there,
I'm new in this forum.

Hello! New here too!
You can totally try with Twitter, pixiv too! I follow a ton of people who upload their comics/manga in there! .
Now:
Hello everyone! I've been following dynasty since I can remember and just decided to finally made my account. Hope to read more about Yuri stories and related stuff! Random things too :D.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Wow, lots of new folks around. Welcome, everyone. Hope you have fun. I'm very happy to share a home with two cats. They're the best.

I'm very happy to share a home with two cats. They're the best.

i am very jealous Opekoe sobsob.. i had like a home with 3 cats but one of them died, the other went missing and now i only have one

well excuse my trauma, how are your cats? what breeds are they? how old are they? (this makes me feel like im interrogating you as a cat investigator)
i want your cats give me

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Man I've been scrolling through my old posts on this site since 2016 and I'm just thinking.

Wow

I've heard stories about people being "raised" on sites like 4chan or Tumblr (as in they spent their younger years chatting on those sites) and I've realized....That kinda happened with me and this site.

It just feels like so much has happened to me during my time here. I've gotten into so many discussions. Both fruitful and fruitless, some lasting for only some time and others lasting for multiple days (or even more). I've made so many wonderful friends, some of which I still talk with to this day and others not so much. I used to be extremely active on here during my days in high-school and that's because I never really had friends irl during that time (not that do nowadays with what's going on in the world LOL), I always felt like I was in a completely different world from other kids while there. But here? I felt like I was at home here, like I found people to talk with about this....Niche thing? Idk if I'd call Yuri niche. I haven't checked out the Yuri scene in a while. I guess it isn't so niche now cause Bloom into You was a smash hit right? Though I guess subtext and queer baiting will still be a thing.

And don't even get me started with the discord which my time on has been just as, if not more, hectic. Being on there, just like here, was like flipping a coin. Sometimes I'd have such a fun and wonderful time that my day or even week would be improved.....And other times it'd be a convo that'd completely ruin my day or week.

I guess that's just how the internet in general is like yeah? Hell you could say that's what life in general is like.

Idk what I'm saying anymore. I'm just reflecting on the time I've had on this site....this community. I really have no clue how I'm even perceived by people on here. Am I just some dumb cringey kid who doesn't know what he's talking about? Am I a goofball who's love for Yuri is really cute to see?

2016-2018 me would've especially been interested in knowing the answer but now? I'm am interested sure but like, not really all that much.

I guess I kinda just wanna say thank you to ya'll. Thanks for being the first community that I truly felt like I was apart of. While yes some (keyword: SOME) of the people I've encountered here (and the discord) were some of the worst people I've ever met in my life. I also managed to find some of the best people I've ever met in my life on here. And again this loops back to "That's what life in general is like".

Funnily enough nowadays I don't really read Yuri manga anymore. I get all the Yuri fix I need from HoloEN. But I'll still read a one shot or doujin every now and then and I def (try to) keep up with the images that are uploaded here.

But uh yeah that's enough of my....whatever this is....

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

While yes some (keyword: SOME) of the people I've encountered here (and the discord) were some of the worst people I've ever met in my life.

It's me, isn't it? You're talking about me.

In all seriousness though, my story is pretty similar to yours. I think it's just nice to find a place where you can be more of who you are without worrying so much about being ostracized. Honestly, my time here has helped me grow as a person significantly, and I have all the great people I've met here to credit for that. And all the dumb mistakes I've made along the way. Those too.

What I'm trying to say is thanks, everyone, for letting a goober like me stick around. You all mean a lot to me, and while I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to claim you as friends, I'm quite fond of you all.

Except for a certain someone...

You know who you are.

Joking. Y'all are great.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

hello all, long time no see.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

^now i shall slink back off into the shadows, only to resurface again after a long break to utter a quiet hello

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

When I get to GameStop again I'm planning on preordering Blue Reflection: Second Light. I'll give everyone a summary of the yuri content once I get it in November.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SushiKnight posted:

Except for a certain someone...

You know who you are.

It's me, isn't it? You're talking about me.

I've learned a lot about chatting, discussions, interpretations and people here... I miss Nez chan, I really REALLY respect Pekoe, I have a crush on the personalities of some people here (and their avatars), and I'm touched every time a new person finds this Dynasty isle in the sea of internet, it's salvation for some! You've come to the holy land! but not everything is pure and shiny, but even with the best and the worse parts of it, I truly love yuri and the community.

But I blame this site for my sickness, the shipping sickness... Now I get pitifully mad when a fanart or canon content shows a "wrong" ship and sad when the "true" ships doesn't get a fair exposure.

But I won't check my old posts. I have a trauma! there was a game I used to play online a lot, after moving on from it, years later I found out that the game was shutting down so I went back to try it one last time, my account was still active and even my forum post in their site.... and when I saw those messages..... Jesus, it was a horrible case of 15yo super cringe chuunibyou with AWFUL writing, it made me think "oh Thanks God this game is closing forever!" that dark past had to be deleted from the internet!
Move forward, never look back!

last edited at Oct 4, 2021 11:26PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.