Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

Uohh
joined Mar 19, 2014

I guess the translator was going for a country-style accent for Miyako, but I can only hear Danny Archer in my head. I kept expecting her to tell Asako to buy "something lekker for the wife, ya".

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

DR2 Hajime Hinata posted:

just curious, can the title translate into something or a reference of something?

"Monthly, With Garden, With Landlord"

It's on mangaupdates page.

It's not a reference to anything that I know.

But in Japanese, all words end with tsuki, so it rhymes, which is probably the effect the author wanted.

oh ok, thank you

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

This series is melting my heart. It's so cute so far!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It's probably obvious but an ooya is a landlady/landlord. So it's every month, with garden, with landlady. also, while it's true there are a lot of idol and mangaka yuris, there was also bright and cheery amnesia with a blue collar wife, and one of the one-shots? had one partner be a bus driver. Also this makes me a little nostalgic for Octave.

I thought the romanized title sounded better (all words ending in tsuki), instead of the raw translation in English (Monthly, with garden, with landlord).

Even the official English title, "monthly / with garden / with Ooya" that some Japanese editor thought was a nice idea to add looks clunky to me.

Ooya is gender-neutral, so I opted for just "landlord" in the text (which I've been said is mostly gender neutral too) and for the romanization for the title.

I love your title! Just setting context. I noticed people saying it had everyday non-cliche life.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Hey girl, are you an 大家? Because your やs are 多い
finger guns

joined Jul 24, 2020

this is turning out to be quite nice

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Lmao the stalker got disillusioned, glad it was resolved without any harm befalling either of them

joined May 31, 2019

cute nee-sans are good for the soul.

former idol what now?

joined May 15, 2021

Bullshit, the way she acted now was far more cute than any flawless crap they could sell in the media! Wtf is wrong with that girl?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well, considering how one particular landlord acted I think this is perfectly normal

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Another great chapter.
Thanks

last edited at Sep 3, 2021 1:22AM

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Bullshit, the way she acted now was far more cute than any flawless crap they could sell in the media! Wtf is wrong with that girl?

Gotta remember, idols aren't called idols for anything other than to be people made to be idolized. Being human isn't ideal, it's not perfect, and the crazies only want perfection.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Chapter 3 would work as a one-shot.

Also, it's only on re-reading that I realise the note put up in the store literally included " Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki " and, just like the MC, I didn't get that that meant landlord living with you.

though the last part has changed to Ooya - suki!

last edited at Sep 3, 2021 8:48PM

6f1ccea7-b3f0-4820-814d-bccd7482bcd0
joined Mar 31, 2021

I'm just surprised that the breakup at the start was with a girl, I feel like pretty much every adult life Yuri I've read with a breakup at the start is always a straight relationship.

im surprised too, glad to c another lesbian mc

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

What a good girl

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is a quietly great series. It harkens back to fluffier stuff from the Octave era. Tenant Onee-sama needs to learn when to agree that, yes, it is a date. Then she can quietly steer Landlady-chan away from the toilet paper with the individually wrapped squares.

last edited at Sep 30, 2021 6:18PM

RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

Your grandma is dope if she's owns a MK 3 Toyota Supra.

joined Feb 1, 2021

That's not a Mk. 3 Supra, that's an NSX! Which is, if anything, even more dope.

RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

That's not a Mk. 3 Supra, that's an NSX! Which is, if anything, even more dope.

man, didn't realize that they looked so similar! now i see the honda badge.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Japanese camping Instagram is something everyone needs in their life. And maybe even the veramping accounts, too.

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

domesticity is within reach!! just a few more chapters…

joined Dec 30, 2018

:) This makes me want to make a small pillow house like i did when i was a kid

This is sweet

joined Mar 26, 2021

What a nice chapter

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

This chapter was adorable. Asako is such a sweetie...

last edited at Oct 1, 2021 6:02AM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

It's probably obvious but an ooya is a landlady/landlord. So it's every month, with garden, with landlady. also, while it's true there are a lot of idol and mangaka yuris, there was also bright and cheery amnesia with a blue collar wife, and one of the one-shots? had one partner be a bus driver. Also this makes me a little nostalgic for Octave.

I thought the romanized title sounded better (all words ending in tsuki), instead of the raw translation in English (Monthly, with garden, with landlord).

Even the official English title, "monthly / with garden / with Ooya" that some Japanese editor thought was a nice idea to add looks clunky to me.

Ooya is gender-neutral, so I opted for just "landlord" in the text (which I've been said is mostly gender neutral too) and for the romanization for the title.

This made me wonder about using ruby characters (or something similar) in cases where you want/need the romanized version of a word, but actually knowing its meaning is still important. Sort-of like using the characters to convey meaning, instead of pronunciation.

To reply you must either login or sign up.