Forum › My Sister's Best Friend, My Lover discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

This title just reminds me of that manga where s little girl hangs out with her older sisters Ex

How come that one just stopped

joined Mar 26, 2021

Well this chapter was nice and yet I want to know the real reason why/how did Kiku fell in love in Sena, was it when she saw her lying on the floor and she was amazed by this view or is when Sena said "touch me more, Onee-chan" and this was the moment that she fall for her. Also still we don't know what was Yuuna answer to Kiku question, let's say that for now she don't mind it but when/if she comes back she might change her mind.
Is it that Kiku wants to be like a sister to Sena that she can have feelings for without regrets and yet receive thesame feelings that she couldn't get from her real sister?

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

It's hard for me to imagine Yuuna wanting to interfere. Especially since Kiku straight up asked for her blessing.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

I just hope the sister is marrying a woman because otherwise..

joined Mar 19, 2020

Well this chapter was nice and yet I want to know the real reason why/how did Kiku fell in love in Sena, was it when she saw her lying on the floor and she was amazed by this view or is when Sena said "touch me more, Onee-chan" and this was the moment that she fall for her. Also still we don't know what was Yuuna answer to Kiku question, let's say that for now she don't mind it but when/if she comes back she might change her mind.
Is it that Kiku wants to be like a sister to Sena that she can have feelings for without regrets and yet receive thesame feelings that she couldn't get from her real sister?

I think it was when they were talking at the bench in the snow. And I’d say kiku is pretty gay for sena

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ugh I've reread this ch so many times now. I need the 2nd part D;

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

I just hope the sister is marrying a woman because otherwise..

Is it a crime she might be bi?

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Kiku is admirable. I think that takes some kind of bravery or supidity or despair or all at once to take that step

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Something I noticed while rereading the chapter - if we go with the interpretation that Kiku fell in love with Sena due to that meeting on the bench, that means that the reason she and the sister broke up was likely because Kiku fell in love with Sena. At the very least, it happened before she saw her sleep-talking to the sister, since her expression and the heartbeat sfx imply she was already in love with her, added to the "I felt some kind of expectation" line as she was walking into the house.

This would make sense more than "Kiku and Yuuna broke up for unknown reasons and now Kiku is after Sena for nefarious reasons".

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

Something I noticed while rereading the chapter - if we go with the interpretation that Kiku fell in love with Sena due to that meeting on the bench, that means that the reason she and the sister broke up was likely because Kiku fell in love with Sena. At the very least, it happened before she saw her sleep-talking to the sister, since her expression and the heartbeat sfx imply she was already in love with her, added to the "I felt some kind of expectation" line as she was walking into the house.

This would make sense more than "Kiku and Yuuna broke up for unknown reasons and now Kiku is after Sena for nefarious reasons".

My personal interpretation of that sequence was that she was half-expecting to find her corpse there, especially with the "she's still alive" line thrown in.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Bruh I really like Kiku's character design, I thought she was emotionless until I zoomed in and see that she was blushing. If Sena is going to use Kiku get over her sister, I guess that's fine but if she's just gonna hurt her once her sister comes back and wont move on, I guess that's gonna be a painful twist

S
joined Jan 12, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_sisters_best_friend_my_lover_ch3_2#15

What is she talking about here, at the top? Is it that she thinks the MC fell in love with her sister? Or she thinks it's impossible that the MC would be with her? Or something else?

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

What is she talking about here, at the top? Is it that she thinks the MC fell in love with her sister? Or she thinks it's impossible that the MC would be with her? Or something else?

She's basically admitting here that she's been more or less willfully ignoring the signs that Sena was well and truly in love with her sister, and that's why she has been falling apart. Up until now Mamiya been running with the idea that Sena has just been particularly attached to her sister in a familial sense, but is now recognizing she's up against a lot more than that. Which is probably why she was so taken aback by the fact Sena declared out of nowhere she would be her lover.

last edited at Sep 29, 2021 9:13PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

She's basically admitting here that she's been more or less willfully ignoring the signs that Sena was well and truly in love with her sister, and that's why she has been falling apart. Up until now Mamiya been running with the idea that Sena has just been particularly attached to her sister in a familial sense, but is now recognizing she's up against a lot more than that. Which is probably why she was so taken aback by the fact Sena declared out of nowhere she would be her lover.

that's how I understood it as well.

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

I doubted Kiku's motivations up until now, but it no longer seems likely that she's up to shennanigans. Now I'm guessing the story will more so be about testing her patience and persistence, given what a mess Sena is.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Ngl, I was just puzzled so much by this chapter that I couldn't help but laugh at every alternate page

joined Mar 26, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_sisters_best_friend_my_lover_ch3_2#17

The last panel it was Kiku words right? I was a little confused with this, so she doubt Sena words and not really believe it's her true feelings. As much as I like Kiku I feel like she'll accept those words but to me it's more like she would like to help Sena that way but deep down knowing that Sena pushing herself to not think about her sis.
It really is confusing haha. Well the more I read it the more I'm intrigued by this manga

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

^ no I'm pretty sure the last panel was Sena which is why the chapter ends with "what's the meaning behind Sena's words?". I think it's just further emphasizing that Sena doesn't believe that Kiku really loves her and accepted Kiku's offer as a test of her feelings (and also to get her mind off her sister).

After they mentioned how Kiku is sensitive to cold, I went back and realized she really does bundle herself up a lot whenever she goes outside haha. It was a cute detail.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

She left her snood in the car?

joined Mar 26, 2021

^ no I'm pretty sure the last panel was Sena which is why the chapter ends with "what's the meaning behind Sena's words?". I think it's just further emphasizing that Sena doesn't believe that Kiku really loves her and accepted Kiku's offer as a test of her feelings (and also to get her mind off her sister).

Yeah thats what i was thinking and wanted to write. That she wants to test her feelings.
Thanks.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I think it's just further emphasizing that Sena doesn't believe that Kiku really loves her and accepted Kiku's offer as a test of her feelings (and also to get her mind off her sister).

I think Sena was talking about her sister here. The question on the last panel is there because it can either be Sena's 'love' towards her sister or Kiku. Sena is described to be a sensitive girl. She most likely had an inkling about what Kiku was thinking and what she was about to ask, which is if she loves her sister that way. Hence, Sena had to cut her off by simply agreeing to become her lover (to stop her from speaking those words). She was then asking herself if it was [romantic] love that she has for her sister. It was never really clear if her feelings for her sister are truly romantic and not just familial or otherwise. Or if she was ever aware of them herself.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Huh ,so then..it means..*reads other comments* I am amazed at how well you get understanding in things, while I'm sitting here wondering what is going on.

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

I wonder if Sena is going to date Kiku only to forget her love for her sister

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I think the whole point of the last panel is for it to be ambiguous. It can about both, Sena saying that Kiku doesn't really love her and her trying to convince herself that she doesn't really love her own sister that way.

joined Aug 21, 2021

We're only at chapter 4 but it felt like 20 chapters worth.

But man, I felt that. This chapter hits home for some reason. Fooling yourself, not trying to give a name to your feelings, running away from problems and when you do get the chance to finally give words to everything, it just feels... liberating. Made me wish I had a 'Kiku' when I was at my lowest. Depression sucks.

To reply you must either login or sign up.