Forum › VAMPEERZ discussion

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

That escalated quickly...

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

That escalated quickly...

I can't blame them, there's been a lot of intense emotions lately and near death situations, a full night of non stop fucking is in order.

last edited at Sep 20, 2021 11:51PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I am once again asking for a full length GL historical drama about persian lesbians (bonus points for vampires)

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I am once again asking for a full length GL historical drama about persian lesbians (bonus points for vampires)

Where can I pre-order?

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

Hope the next chapter continues with the Khara and Yanyan
Also this story better not end in some grandmaXimmortal Lilu stuff, it'll be too sad for me

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I wouldnt mind more Khara and Shadi chapters honestly

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So the thing is, normally I'd say c'mon, with how modern vampires are so often described, the advantages WAY outweigh any disadvantages--you got the eternal life, the magic powers, the super strength, asking to go vamp is a no-brainer!
But in this case it might be it really IS a no-brainer--does turning into a vampire make you an idiot like they all are? That'd be a serious drawback.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Aria vainly trying to stick to the actually interesting exposition lmao

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I like how it's not Aria having to save Ichika by turning her like some people feared, but Ichika's own conscious decision to ask for it.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

There is never any doubt that Ichika needs to be turned. Apart from being able to be with Aria, if she retains the ability to be a sacred sword user, and is immortal, that would mean she will be the best candidate to defeat Ghika. She has the blood line, but also a virgin (I do not know how to define virginity when it comes to sex between two teenage lesbian).
If you were a Ghika minion, how can you kill a fellow lilu who is the only one in possession of the sword and also the only one who can use it to its full capacity? The only downside to be a lilu is one cannot cross a barrier. But if you have Maoa on your side, then it is no longer a problem. On the other hand, if Ichika were not turned, she will continue to be a weak link. She can still be kidnapped again even if someone in the gang (eg. Jirou) being her body guard. As a human with the ability to use the sacred sword, she was literally inches away from killing Aria after getting hypnotized. It is by chance or luck that Aria confessed to Ichika that stopped Ichika from stabbing Aria. There may not be another chance for Aria to dodge an attack from a possessed Ichika again. I'm sure Ghika will make sure her minions to be mindful of "the power of love" when go after Ichika.

last edited at Sep 21, 2021 1:15PM

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

Just caught back up after having forgotten about this one while waiting for updates a year or so ago... Ended up reading the entire thing from the beginning again, and accidentally pulled an all-nighter as a result! The sun has risen, and I still want more, but, I’m happy.

Although this manga has always had a fair amount of fanservice, I do feel like the last 10 or so chapters have had a notable uptick in both frequency and severity of somewhat inorganic feeling nudity. I’m not too fond of the mix, but, I’m still just such a massive sucker for both vampires, and a genuine heartfelt mutual romance developing like this that I don’t even mind.

I’m actually glad I had forgotten about it for so long, because a number of these plot developments would have been much harsher with an added wait between each chapter! It almost feels like a bit of tonal whiplash at times, going from the cute and comedic naïveté of the two main characters, to sudden graphic violence, traumatic backgrounds, and superficially philosophical nihilism regarding death and the will to live.

Anyways, I’m just happy to be here for the ride! I like the comedy, ALL the girls are cute, and I adore both the character design and art style.

Although the healthiness of the relationships, particularly early on and regarding the treatment and “generous” evaluation of actual consent are notably problematic from a realistic evaluation, I was largely able to look past it due to both standard suspension of disbelief, coupled with the overwhelming familiarity with the matter due to its prevalence in so many manga.

Anyways, I’m writing all the from my phone at 7am because I just spent the last 3 hours reading everything that’s out, so, I just needed to offload my thoughts before I pass out. Either way, I look forward to more happiness and wholesomeness. Any evil organization that might try to interfere with their love in any way shape or form should immediately explode. I will not stand for anything short of a happily-ever-after!

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

weird, my cheeks hurt from smiling right now

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Although the healthiness of the relationships, particularly early on and regarding the treatment and “generous” evaluation of actual consent are notably problematic from a realistic evaluation, I was largely able to look past it due to both standard suspension of disbelief, coupled with the overwhelming familiarity with the matter due to its prevalence in so many manga.

It's vampires, they're not going to ask nicely. Though of course the joke in this series is that Ichika takes as much advantage of it from her side.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

When Ichika was hugging aria and had her face in Aria’s shoulder, did anyone else think Ichika was going to bite her then and there?

Glad that she outright asked though. It’s only a matter of when now.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

But in this case it might be it really IS a no-brainer--does turning into a vampire make you an idiot like they all are? That'd be a serious drawback.

Does Ichika really have much to lose in that department though?? Lol

joined Jul 26, 2016

You're not wrong there...

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

I don't think turning into an idiot is a result of becoming a lilu, Shadi kept her book knwoledge

last edited at Sep 21, 2021 5:22PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I don't think turning into an idiot is a result of becoming a lilu, Shadi kept her book knwoledge

Wow

C44d8dc6-30f6-464b-9df6-21306e5b293c
joined May 16, 2017

It's vampires, they're not going to ask nicely. Though of course the joke in this series is that Ichika takes as much advantage of it from her side.

Oh, yeah, I actually hadn’t even thought much of the bloodsucking, haha. I was mostly thinking of how aggressive Ichika was from the beginning, even when she wasn’t expecting Aria to have any sort of mutual interest.

Even though I always notice how such actions would be skeezy in real life, I’ve mostly become fine with it, largely in part because, y’know, these are romance stories after all, and it’s effectively given that the pair will get together. Just something I’ve always found a bit strange, and wonder if it’s simply a sort of minor form of culture shock.

Although, pretty much the only romance I ever read or watch is yuri, so, maybe it’s more prevalent than I’m aware of in western media as well. Could definitely relate it to the cliches of romance stories where some guy pretty much effectively stalks the love interest, and just continues to pursue them until they fall in love, as they somehow found the stubbornness to be attractive. Of course, I think in some ways that might be an even worse trope, bad though both may be.

last edited at Sep 21, 2021 7:33PM

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

I love how everyone went "congrats on the sex" to shadi and khara XD THEY GAYS KEEP ON WINNING HELL YEAH
what was that shadowy figure while Aria and Ichika were making out tho 0-0

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

That is a very tall order. The best I can come up with for a proper Persian GL historical drama would be Otoyomegatari. It is a beautifully illustrated award-winning manga that explores marriage and romance across multiple different cultures in the Central Asian region of the mid-1800s. The artwork is truly stunning.

The manga has multiple storylines following a handful of separate romances in different cultures. Each of those romances is basically a self-contained story. One of those stories is about two Persian women becoming "sister brides." The manga is tastefully NSFW and it's actually really hard to describe what it should be tagged with. You'll have to see for yourself, but I would definitely categorize it under some form of GL.

This substory is the only one that is GL. It can be found starting on Chapter 36 "In Her Garden" through Chapter 44 "When the Roses Bloom" then resumes for Chapter 83 "Persian Nights" through Chapter 87 "Knowing Somebody for a Long Time." Skip Chapter 84

https://mangafast.net/otoyomegatari-chapter-36-eng

It's worth checking out for the artwork alone, but if you are into historical romance you might enjoy the other stories as well.

last edited at Sep 22, 2021 7:01AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Just something that Aria has in her room for whatever reason

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

Just something that Aria has in her room for whatever reason

ooooh thanks for pointing that out! i forgot about that, the author is sneaky XD

last edited at Sep 22, 2021 8:25AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

That is a very tall order. The best I can come up with for a proper Persian GL historical drama would be Otoyomegatari. It is a beautifully illustrated award-winning manga that explores marriage and romance across multiple different cultures in the Central Asian region of the mid-1800s. The artwork is truly stunning.

The manga has multiple storylines following a handful of separate romances in different cultures. Each of those romances is basically a self-contained story. One of those stories is about two Persian women becoming "sister brides." The manga is tastefully NSFW and it's actually really hard to describe what it should be tagged with. You'll have to see for yourself, but I would definitely categorize it under some form of GL.

This substory is the only one that is GL. It can be found starting on Chapter 36 "In Her Garden" through Chapter 44 "When the Roses Bloom" then resumes for Chapter 83 "Persian Nights" through Chapter 87 "Knowing Somebody for a Long Time." Skip Chapter 84

https://mangafast.net/otoyomegatari-chapter-36-eng

It's worth checking out for the artwork alone, but if you are into historical romance you might enjoy the other stories as well.

It's by the same mangaka who wrote Emma and she, in my opinion, is one of the best at drawing the naked female body in the business... and she has a distinct passion for it. There are several scenes in the latter part of Emma where there are nude scenes that are entirely unnecessary to the plot and totally not sex scenes, just a naked woman at leisure so to speak. She's commented on the fact that she loves to draw naked women in her author's notes.

Another thing she is FANTASTIC at is visual storytelling. Back when I was doing an anime and manga blog (I'm pretty sure the site is no longer around) I started a feature series on "'Show, don't tell' storytelling". The first entry was about a section of "Bride's Story" or "Otoyomegatari" where she depicts an evening between the first couple in the manga over five pages with the only dialog being in the first panel of the first page of the sequence, yet the story told is clear as day.

Every time I think "I need some extra money" I look at my collection of hardcovers of "Bride's Story", thinking... yeah... I could get something for them on eBay or Amazon. (I have a seller account with collectible book-selling privileges.) But then I think about the art and think... nope!

joined Sep 12, 2018

Recently started this series and caught up now, I've been enjoying it. Definitely some rough parts here and there, but overall pretty funny, cute, and occasionally touching. I especially loved the recent stuff with Shadi. Khara finally catches a break too: her "losing" to Ichika is actually to her benefit now as it seems like Shadi was the woman she originally fell in love with.

Though gosh has Shadi been through a lot. Develops feelings for a girl but is told to repress it and set up to marry some dude, hopes for just a little freedom but gets brutally murdered, becomes an immortal vampire and finally is able to love only to get cursed and turned into a crow by some unknown-to-us series of events. And then after all that, apparently get reunited with the person you love, but keep it all secret and then work her ass off to help her love get together with a different girl? If freaking anyone deserves a happy ending it's her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.