Forum › Unbreakable Sugar Bowl discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

No high-proof alcohol usage for pain and antiseptic properties after drawing blood? I woulda figured that'd be standard in BDSM?

Not really? If anything, they should have found a doctor to look at the bite immediately afterwards, not the next morning. But my guess is that neither of them had any experience with this particular type of injury and did not expect the resulting inflammation to get that bad.

Tbh, this one-shot reminded me of Sunstone in a very good way: two dorks growing into a couple while exploring their shared kink, even if they occasionally screw it up.

last edited at Aug 5, 2021 12:26PM

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Whatever floats your scrote. Good for them.

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

Cute bdsm is always wonderful when it pops up. So glad it was yukiko

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Tbh the most surpising thing I found in this for me was that there was a Male character who was nice, supportive and actually helpful. I have read so many yuri manga/oneshots recently where men just don't exist or if they do, they are the biggest pieces of garbage. I really liked Furuya as he gave her good advice and tried helping her find someone.

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

need a bestie like furuya

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Yu... Yukiko-san!
Where is the cute & pure fluff à la Futaribeya that we thought was your thing???

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

There's the Yukiko that I know and love! I love that she does basically ultra-fluff like Futaribeya and also… this.

last edited at Aug 5, 2021 3:55PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yukiko just doesn't ever seem to disappoint...
and I've not even read Futaribeya.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Well, Yukiko-sensei can really draw very...interesting things. I don't like any of those fetishes, but it's nice that they are actually dating and have that too. It's sweet... Ok I just read the very last part...that's slightly scary, so I'll leave it barely ok.

last edited at Aug 5, 2021 4:14PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

There's the Yukiko that I know and love! I love that she does basically ultra-fluff like Futaribeya and also… this.

Same!! It's so cool she goes from fluffy town to...well...the other stuff.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Same!! It's so cool she goes from fluffy town to...well...the other stuff.

Hahaha. I wonder, do you recall the alternative settings for Futaribeya? It was a bonus oneshot where Yukiko explored all the different ways the story could have gone if she tweaked a little bit the basic premises. In one of these parallel worlds, Kasumi was a QUEEN: a sadistic, dominant character who wanted her partner to be an obedient servant, a total sub. Of course, the big suspenseful question for us readers was: what would Sakurako's reaction be?

Well, we quickly found out: the two met for the first time (just like in the original manga) and it took Sakurako about thirty seconds to decide that she wanted to be Kasumi's lowly slave forever. XD

I'm guessing that, if Futaribeya had actually gone by these premises, the relationship between the two girls would have progressed until turning into something pretty close to the one Asano and Oikawa have.

last edited at Aug 5, 2021 4:18PM

D4d93d7defd05c7fbedff90b7d82fc4e
joined Sep 26, 2020

Yukiko is slowly revealing their not so pure mangas. It's awesome as always! Dang I want more, this is way up may alley.

last edited at Aug 5, 2021 6:26PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Ha! Like vomiting is going to make you sober up. Were it just that easy

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Yukiko is slowly revealing their not so pure mangas. It's awesome as always! Dang I want more, this is way up may alley.

If this story is what we judge by, Yukiko is someone who knows irl the queer and lesbian scene in Japan pretty well, likely a lesbian herself.
It makes me ponder how many yuri mangaka are like her. Like in Yurihime and such magazines, anybody knows if they ever revealed numbers of how many of their authors are queer or gay women, how many are str8 women who are fans of fictional yuri, and how many are men?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

So Yukiko is capable of writing such stories... the more you know. Since it was Yukiko, it turned out to be more wholesome than expected

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This one shot and the manhwa Program Me are the only two examples of healthy bdsm relationships for a wlw couple I’ve ever seen. I was kinda scared by the tags but I ended up enjoying it a lot.

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

This one shot and the manhwa Program Me are the only two examples of healthy bdsm relationships for a wlw couple I’ve ever seen. I was kinda scared by the tags but I ended up enjoying it a lot.

read Sunstone.

joined May 11, 2015

"I really wanted to tear you to shreds and see what you look like crying and broken." god damn, ngl kinda hot but hmm idk

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

yes yes yes and yes

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Hmm I don't if I just forgot but this feels like the only BDSM manga I've read that wasn't toxic in some way and has characters capable of actual communication. Even the random dude she met online ended up a good friend who looks out for her.

Dose The Real Her count?

last edited at Aug 6, 2021 12:31AM

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

read Sunstone.

Yeah, Sunstone is very Western in style and execution but it's still the standard-setter for depictions of healthy, kink-positive relationships and the Western BDSM scene. It's beautiful, too. I'm personally pretty vanilla and I really enjoy it.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

So Yukiko is capable of writing such stories... the more you know. Since it was Yukiko, it turned out to be more wholesome than expected

Honestly I'd say that over the whole of her work futaribeya is in many ways the aberration, especially if you include stuff like the 100 days of compensated dating light novel art. Very much works that focus their attention on the far edges of polite society.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Ha! Like vomiting is going to make you sober up. Were it just that easy

I think that was just an excuse to start the shenanigans considering she didn't seem drunk in the first place. Although I thought the same thing.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

If this story is what we judge by, Yukiko is someone who knows irl the queer and lesbian scene in Japan pretty well, likely a lesbian herself.
It makes me ponder how many yuri mangaka are like her. Like in Yurihime and such magazines, anybody knows if they ever revealed numbers of how many of their authors are queer or gay women, how many are str8 women who are fans of fictional yuri, and how many are men?

Once upon a time, practically all yuri was eromanga produced by male authors for male readers. Only a few stories of mostly platonic/sisterly yuri were made by female (usually heterosexual) authors and published in magazines for women.
Things started changing when manga publishers found that there was a huge market for seriously romantic/sexual yuri in the female readership. There was a yuri boom, with new magazines like YuriHime devoting themselves exclusively to yuri. I think it was at this time that many queer, lesbian and bi women became popular yuri authors. I can't tell for sure, but I suspect that many female yuri fans were more partial to yuri that was written by women who had real-life experience of the subject.
Right now, the yuri boom is still going on and most authors are women. There are prominent male authors (like KT) but they are the minority. A good number of the women who make yuri manga today definitely lean towards lgbtq orientations, but as for an exact percentage I don't know if anyone has ever calculated it.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

It's a lot easier to figure out which yuri mangaka are queer IRL when they all go out and hit the club together. (Less glibly, I give Morishima-sensei a lot of the credit for putting forward a much more directly lesbian focus in yuri manga. Hanjuku Joshi is one of the first serialized stories I can think of that features a school setting pretty much completely purged of Class S influences.)

last edited at Aug 6, 2021 5:52PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.