Forum › My Younger Senpai discussion

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

There is a surprising amount of plot in this pr0n.

joined Mar 26, 2021

By continuing these practices, she also benefits from it. After all, it is known that it will not end with ordinary practices. And when Seto said "i like you" did she really mean it or it was a practice, it was hard to tell for me, but even if she has some feelings for younger mc, now it's like she start feels something for older mc. It would be interesting plot twist if now senpai was giving more attention to old Nanasawa and started to turn away from her younger self now, leaving her behind, giving her a reason to think she wasn't needed.

Also it would be hilarious if old Seto was now stepped back in time and taking advantage of younger nana

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Seto keeps willingly hanging out with Sesaki, even though Sesaki constantly sexually harasses her. I know that doesn't equal consent, but it's got to mean something.

Edit: I would think if Sesaki's aggressive sexual advances really disturbed Seto, she would avoid the older woman as much as possible. And spending time alone with the sempi, in her apartment would be the last think Seto would want to do.

last edited at Jul 26, 2021 1:52AM

joined Jun 8, 2020

why is she no surprised for her triple camera smartphone????????????

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

another banger chapter the art is really good seto blushing saying "i love you" is cute, I hope the original MC will get her lewd situations soon can't get the time traveler MC all the glory also can't wait for the training arc where the future mc will teach the original how to seduce their senpai.

based manga

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Plebeian posted:

Besides, should I really just be a cheerleader for whatever position I favour, in order to make people who cleave to the same ideals as me feel more welcome, so that they too can add their voices to the chorus? Wont that just result in less discussion and more vitriol and radicalization of opinions?

I can't agree with this more. It feels like nowadays you're only allowed to have "safe" and "proven" opinions and if you dare to say something most people disagree with, you're immediately labeled "controversial" and everyone starts ganging on you. It feels like actually discussing things and just expressing your personal feelings is no longer a thing. The need to be part of the "right" side never felt stronger than now.

Also initial premise seemed interesting. I actually give 0 fucks about past MC and read it for future MC romance with Seto. I agree she's way too aggressive and too non-con at times. Her realizing she wants to help Seto become actress was a nice, but chapter 6 even for me felt like too much. So I'm really happy with the direction series took in chapter 7. I'm willing to excuse some of stuff she does, especially since she is self-aware of it, but she really need to start showing more self-restrain.

20220617_152146
joined Apr 2, 2020

I love this.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's notable that the "moralizing controversies" seem to be especially virulent concerning those series that I think of as "smut with something on its mind"--i.e., series like Asagi Ryuu's Age 15, Flowerchild's It's a Detached Relationship, and this one, that is, where the sex is depicted quite viscerally, where there are "problematic" aspects to the relationships (often age-gap), and where the setup implies a certain level of character development. (Or you could switch it around: "A Romantic Drama That Yearns For Smut.")

Such series seem to create a good deal of anxiety and ambivalence in many readers--hence the folks who (apparently) would be relieved if this series just went full-metal hentai. (I don't recall seeing many lemon-squeezing debates about the moral nuances of stories by Mira or similar shlick-fests, but I don't hang in those environs much anyway, so I could be wrong.)

And I agree that past MC, as recalled by present MC, was (is?) something of a romantic non-entity, and it's present MC's determination to stop being that non-entity which is driving the action.

joined Apr 2, 2021

The entire time I read this manga, I was expecting her modern smartphone to give away the fact that she was from the future, but it appears Seto was completely oblivious.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

The entire time I read this manga, I was expecting her modern smartphone to give away the fact that she was from the future, but it appears Seto was completely oblivious.

Yeah that the thing that bother me too. At least Seto should have asked was it a weird looking camera or something. And how can she charge her phone?

joined Jul 26, 2021

At first I was frustrated, but then I learned to accept the reality of this manga and grabbed some popcorn.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

And how can she charge her phone?

Well Micro USBs have been around since at least 2009 maybe earlier so it's not that much of a stretch. Plus most people I know carry their charging cable/adapter with them when they head out so it's not that much of a stretch for her to just have hers on hand.

last edited at Jul 26, 2021 3:01PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

Well Micro USBs have been around since at least 2009 maybe earlier so it's not that much of a stretch. Plus most people I know carry their charging cable/adapter with them when they head out so it's not that much of a stretch for her to just have hers on hand.

Every modern phone I know other than Apple's rubbish uses USB-C. I've not seen one triple camera phone that uses Micro USB.

But yeah, I know a lot of people who carry a charger around so that's most likely the case. I'm more curious about how/if she has service

Dashing
joined Nov 19, 2018

I knew it would be absolute cancer in the comment section...
As for manga, It's one of the best reads in a while, awesome art too.
Huge thanks to the translation team for this!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It's notable that the "moralizing controversies" seem to be especially virulent concerning those series that I think of as "smut with something on its mind"--i.e., series like Asagi Ryuu's Age 15, Flowerchild's It's a Detached Relationship, and this one, that is, where the sex is depicted quite viscerally, where there are "problematic" aspects to the relationships (often age-gap), and where the setup implies a certain level of character development. (Or you could switch it around: "A Romantic Drama That Yearns For Smut.")

Such series seem to create a good deal of anxiety and ambivalence in many readers--hence the folks who (apparently) would be relieved if this series just went full-metal hentai. (I don't recall seeing many lemon-squeezing debates about the moral nuances of stories by Mira or similar shlick-fests, but I don't hang in those environs much anyway, so I could be wrong.)

Maybe with just a straight up sex story the characters don't feel real. Who cares that a imaginary high school girl is getting plowed by an imaginary teacher. Where with a drama the characters are more fleshed out. They feel more real to us.

last edited at Jul 26, 2021 5:13PM

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

She's using a Galaxy S10 (I have the same phone). It uses USB-C, the specification for which was only published in 2014. She would have to have her charger on her.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Every modern phone I know other than Apple's rubbish uses USB-C. I've not seen one triple camera phone that uses Micro USB.

But yeah, I know a lot of people who carry a charger around so that's most likely the case. I'm more curious about how/if she has service

It's a concession we'll have to make, but there is no way she has service. Her phone would support neither the network types or the sim cards that were available in 2011. She would, at the very least, have wi-fi, but no way to make any calls.

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

It's a concession we'll have to make, but there is no way she has service. Her phone would support neither the network types or the sim cards that were available in 2011. She would, at the very least, have wi-fi, but no way to make any calls.

Normal sim cards can be trimmed into micro, or even nano sim size (when trimming to nano you usually lose 4g, but that does not even exist in 2011, so its fine). And most (all) modern phones still support 2g and 3g, both were around 2011. She needs to get a new phone number with a new plan, but that's all.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

USB.

It's been interesting to see how narratives have dealt with the advent of cell phones over time, from at first ignoring their existence when the plot required it, to the bogus "detective is in danger in an area with no service," trope, etc.

In this case, as you say, we just need to accept it--these days you can't have an "interacting with teenage girls" plot without everyone having functioning cell phones.

Senpai not noticing the technical details of MC's modern phone isn't an issue to me, though--not everyone scopes out other people's tech all the time.

Img-0803
joined Jun 25, 2021

y'all can't just appreciate this yuri, instead we're arguing about usbs, smartphones, and small nuances lolol

joined Jan 6, 2017

y'all can't just appreciate this yuri, instead we're arguing about usbs, smartphones, and small nuances lolol

The U in USB stands for Yuriversal

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Plebeian posted:

Also I apologize if this post has gotten too off topic. I am more than willing to continue this discussion in another thread.
Also also, I cut some quotes of your posts to reduce overall post size, dunno if that’s bad etiquette or not. Sorry if it is!

Yeah it's great, do whatever suits you. Let's continue in the Cafe over here. It got really long, sorry about that.

Linterdiction posted:

Assuming the artist did look at these "critiques," I'd point them to Linterdiction's posts on the previous pages

I'm blushing in the club right now.

You're earning it more with every post, keep it up!

spiltmilk posted:

Seriously, lol

last edited at Jul 26, 2021 8:35PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Going by the direction of the comment section alone this one should be right up my alley. I bookmarked it weeks ago, probably time to get going :D

Also @Blastaar the last work by Mira I'm aware of, Yuri SM de Futari no Kimochi wa Tsunagarimasu ka?, managed quite well to stir up some discussions around (im)morality, though I'll admit that I did not exactly abstain from partaking.

last edited at Jul 26, 2021 9:26PM

Greenperson47
joined Apr 2, 2021

Yeah that the thing that bother me too. At least Seto should have asked was it a weird looking camera or something. And how can she charge her phone?

I just looked it up. Apparently micro USB has been around since 2007, and since her phone appears to be an Android, that’s probably the type of connector it uses for charging.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Well this is chapter was good till she start to lick her. Doesn't she know any other way of helping her understand romance and not use it on her own advantage.
On the other hand when Seto said she has to get use to lewd things, I think she is practicing this romance stuff for that she could use it on younger Mc.

To reply you must either login or sign up.