Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

I might be jumping the gun a bit but I'm rooting for Yuni & Fuuko to get together as a couple.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I hope she dumps that Nanase girl and get together. If they all get in a threeway relation I'll hate this author.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm rooting for a nice boat

joined Feb 22, 2021

Break up with your girlfriend before you try to cheat on her.

joined Jul 22, 2021

I think it's kinda obvious that Yuuni is going to cheat with Fuuko. In the cover pages we get another clue: The earrings. The star and the moon. That with the phone and the book we can conclude that there will be cheating sex. And I'm all up for it

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Nanase needs to step up or she's not gonna win this battle for her own GF.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I smell heavy drama in the making

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Yeah I’m tired of cheating relationships like this I’m out

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 12:43PM

03fca6214046e15b1cbd7ed7cd767b1a
joined May 26, 2020

i like fuuko, i think i have a thing for creepy girls LOL

honestly, same here, I thought she's the type of person I'd hate but I ended up liking her LMAO

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

The we don't like men reminds me of this scene

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

When the men showed up it was kinda random, kinda like convenient?

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

weirdly ship them….

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Chapter 2 with a NSFW tag? Heck yeah!

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

They already got a very good chemistry.

joined Mar 8, 2019

So... is Nanase the girl Fuuka "had" before? Could explain how poly route will be set up if it's going there but that caterpillar fungus thing makes me think one (if not all) of them will end up alone. Or maybe Nanase will just feel bad about neglecting Yuni so she'll agree share to make it up to her. Perhaps she'll like the situation because she can focus on other things, just bang whenever she wants, and not feel guilty about lack of participation with all the mushy stuff because there's another girl to pick up the slack... Of course there's also the "you don't know what you have til it's gone" trope of Nanase stepping up her game because she's afraid Yuni will leave her.

Yuni can only blog her frustrations for so long before it all threatens to spill over. I'm curious about Nanase but mostly Fuuka though. Fuuka comes across as this weird loner girl but there's almost always a reason for that so I'm preparing for a messed up backstory about her previous love life. Nanase might have a reason as to why she's distant, aside from her not wanting anyone to know, so I'd like to think she's just paranoid about people finding out as opposed to wanting to keep Yuni around because she's an excellent doormat. I also wonder how long Yuni and Nanase have been dating? Did Yuni or her to create that account where she vents about her gayness...

joined Jan 3, 2020

I think it's kinda obvious that Yuuni is going to cheat with Fuuko. In the cover pages we get another clue: The earrings. The star and the moon. That with the phone and the book we can conclude that there will be cheating sex. And I'm all up for it

The vertical banner on the second-to-last page of Chapter 2 also basically says that will happen:
"If I had been able to bring myself to despise you that night, would I have avoided becoming the scum of the Earth?"

Honestly, though, Nanase must not know her very well in the first place. Their relationship feels incredibly fake and token because of the insane distance Nanase makes them keep.

Also, it wasn't clear to me of the 'sex scene' in Yuuni's head was a fantasy or a memory.

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 2:46PM

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Honestly, I feel like Nanase deserves better. Knowing how these things go, I'm sure we'll get a chapter where we see that she's awful in some way too, or whatever. But right now, even without any cheating, her girlfriend lies to her face and constantly belittles her behind her back when she trusts said lies.

People in relationships are allowed to have interests outside of said relationship. They ought to be able to have friends, or hold a job, without having to worry about a jealous lover who can't accept them spending any time for anything else.

Is there a name for romance dramas where all of the characters are purposefully unlikeable?

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 2:50PM

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

Thank God for Japan's endless supply of just-on-queue PUA's.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

If there's gonna be cheating (and it's almost a given) I hope the mangaka will commit to it, instead of trying to resolve things with some sort of 3P at the end. That's such a cheap way of resolving things. I want real consequences, not a cop out.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Honestly, I feel like Nanase deserves better. Knowing how these things go, I'm sure we'll get a chapter where we see that she's awful in some way too, or whatever. But right now, even without any cheating, her girlfriend lies to her face and constantly belittles her behind her back when she trusts said lies.

People in relationships are allowed to have interests outside of said relationship. They ought to be able to have friends, or hold a job, without having to worry about a jealous lover who can't accept them spending any time for anything else.

I don't think Yuni cares that Nanase's in the club. It's Nanase easily putting her aside that's rubbing her wrong. I mean, they already made plans, she could have just told her senpai that. It wouldn't have raised suspicion. That kind of thing can make a girl feel like she's second choice. Yuni just wants to be first every once in a while.

Yuni probably wants assurance before she can begin to voice her concerns. Their relationship is a secret and according to Yuni, Nanase hasn't said she loves her, yet they may already be having sex. I think it's understandable she wants something to hold onto to feel important to Nanase. She can feel the distance Nanase has put between them. With her other friends, she holds their hands, but because of some reason (probably because Nanase's afraid to be outed) Nanase treats Yuni differently (as in she withholds physical affection) unlike with her other friends.

I'm getting the sense that Yuni's been letting Nanase dictate their relationship, probably out of fear of Nanase leaving her if Yuni even speaks about how hard it is for her.

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 3:12PM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Thank God for Japan's endless supply of just-on-queue PUA's.

lmao ikr. like is japan seriously filled with so many guys that try to pick up on high schoolers? and asking if they drank? the heck? lol

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

There's nothing wrong with nanase wanting to prioritize volleyball and not want to be outed if she's not ready to be, that's fair enough. But she's being incredibly unfair to Yuni by making promises to her and breaking them, keeping her at a distance further than she keeps her friends and seemingly not even showing her affection when they're alone together. It's not just that she hides her relationship, she just doesn't seem to treat yuni as her girlfriend alltogether.

Yeah yuni shouldn't cheat, but nanase is not good either

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 3:43PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

There's nothing wrong with nanase wanting to prioritize volleyball and not want to be outed if she's not ready to be, that's fair enough. But she's being incredibly unfair to Yuni by making promises to her and breaking them, keeping her at a distance further than she keeps her friends and seemingly not even showing her affection when they're alone together. It's not just that she hides her relationship, she just doesn't seem to treat yuni as her girlfriend alltogether.

Yeah yuni shouldn't cheat, but nanase is not good either

this

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Yuni probably wants assurance before she can begin to voice her concerns.

There certainly doesn't seem to be a lot of trust in the relationship. If it were a real life relationship, I certainly wouldn't expect it to last if they can't even be a little bit honest with each other.

But she's being incredibly unfair to Yuni by making promises to her and breaking them

This is true, but Yuni ought not to tell her she's okay with it when she's not okay with it. Imagine thinking that someone is supporting you and your dream behind the scenes, only to find out later they've been trash talking you instead.

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 4:04PM

joined May 15, 2021

Soooooo we have a scum trio, the scum nanase that confesed to yuni only to leave her as nothing more than decoration, the scum yuni that will probably cheat nanase instead of doing things right and break with her and the scum fuuko thats taking advantage of such weak relationship, what a scummy manga, and i love it

To reply you must either login or sign up.