Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A chapter as beautiful as Kurokawa is to Fujishiro. ^_^

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

So many tears this chapter, I hope this leads to awkward dating moments.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Not satisfying, at the end, it still never truly reckoned with the gross internalized sexism of these girls, and if anything it vindicated it.

Yeah, maybe it would have been nice if they had done that; if you mean e.g. that Kurokawa was never "ugly" just because she didn't put as much effort into her appearance as Fujishiro.

The fact that this time Fujishiro called Kurokawa beautiful without any caveats like before ("you're cuter now that I helped you and you don't look like a nerd anymore"), and called her her princess, is not quite the same as explicitly addressing the themes regarding beauty or sexism, but it at least shows that Fujishiro sees Kurokawa in a completely different light than she did at the start.

Yeah, while she did become a nicer person overall, i feel that she never truly reckoned with the messed up ideas that caused her, both of them really, to behave like that in the first place.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Not satisfying, at the end, it still never truly reckoned with the gross internalized sexism of these girls, and if anything it vindicated it.

Yeah, maybe it would have been nice if they had done that; if you mean e.g. that Kurokawa was never "ugly" just because she didn't put as much effort into her appearance as Fujishiro.

The fact that this time Fujishiro called Kurokawa beautiful without any caveats like before ("you're cuter now that I helped you and you don't look like a nerd anymore"), and called her her princess, is not quite the same as explicitly addressing the themes regarding beauty or sexism, but it at least shows that Fujishiro sees Kurokawa in a completely different light than she did at the start.

Yeah I'm not getting any of the "you're cuter now that I helped you and you don't look like a nerd anymore" aspect from this chapter at all. Fujishiro originally didn't know Kurokawa's trauma and thought helping her with her physical appearance was what she needed, but in this chapter Fujishiro realized Kurokawa just needed to be loved for who she is. It's not like Kurokawa is covered in makeup or anything in chapter, she simply looks like herself.

I'm also not really seeing the sexism here as beauty isn't gender exclusive, and people regardless of gender often flaunt their physical form to make others feel bad. I can tell you right now that one can write a nearly parallel and identical narrative as this with a Yaoi story. Hetero as well.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

you know what ? this seires has had its lows and highs but honestly this chapter was beatifull , i love how kurokawa doesn´t inmediatly jump to the " i love you too" cliche, i think is great that she just puts our her honest feelings and apologizes to nanaki for hurting her even if it wasn´t her fault entirely , and how nanaki is there to suport her and tell her the words she needs to hear,
i love how the romance gets sideline in order to let the charactesr just talk to each other, that was honestly a pretty great chapter

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 1:30PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Yeah I'm not getting any of the "you're cuter now that I helped you and you don't look like a nerd anymore" aspect from this chapter at all. Fujishiro originally didn't know Kurokawa's trauma and thought helping her with her physical appearance was what she needed, but in this chapter Fujishiro realized Kurokawa just needed to be loved for who she is. It's not like Kurokawa is covered in makeup or anything in chapter, she simply looks like herself.

I'm also not really seeing the sexism here as beauty isn't gender exclusive, and people regardless of gender often flaunt their physical form to make others feel bad. I can tell you right now that one can write a nearly parallel and identical narrative as this with a Yaoi story. Hetero as well.

With "you're cuter now that I helped you..." I was referring to the times Fujishiro called Kurokawa cute before this chapter. Example. I was specifically making the point that this time Fujishiro didn't use or imply any caveats. And that this is a good thing! That the "you're beautiful..." part wasn't just reassurance in the moment, but the final stretch of Fujishiro's character arc.

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 1:31PM

joined Apr 1, 2021

What a beautiful chapter. Honestly, i feel like who disregards this chapter has never been loved. Kuro has explained her reason for hurting Fuji and as you can see Fuji did not mind bc she loves her and love her everything. It is so touched

joined Sep 27, 2017

With "you're cuter now that I helped you..." I was referring to the times Fujishiro called Kurokawa cute before this chapter. Example. I was specifically making the point that this is the first time Fujishiro didn't use or imply any caveats. And that this is a good thing!

Ah okay, I see I was misreading what you were saying originally. Apologies for that, for some reason I thought you were saying Fujoshiro's words from before were still lingering in this chapter, where as I think this chapter moves on from that previous narrative. So it sounds like we're actually in agreeance then haha

Edit: Also yeah I think this chapter does a nice job of saying that Kurokawa is Fujishiro's princess regardless of how she looks. Altering your appearance can be nice, but the people who really love you won't only love you if you look a certain way.

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 1:39PM

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Wow,so many confession, the first one saying she hate herself i thought it will be the theme of this chapter but end well

joined May 24, 2014

Geez, how did them parents react to all that yelling?

joined Sep 27, 2017

Better question is how will the parents react to the sound of all the sex next chapter?

(Joking of course, please don't kick my shins :P)

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

THE END

Fff
joined Jul 7, 2021

Which of the two was saying that in the last page?

+
very intriguing.

joined Mar 8, 2020

since next chapter is going to be the last one as mentioned by the author, probably there is just gonna be some time skip, show them being happy and forget about any supposed pairing, i don't expect anything else out of the ending tbh, there won't be much space for anything or unless it get all crammed and rushed lol

i swear, people sometimes don't read other comments, then get surprised that it ended suddenly for them when it was already announced a few times

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 2:56PM

joined Sep 22, 2015

I knew this author won't let me down. They do well with this kind of scene, just like what they did when Nanaki faced Izumi to face her feelings properly. Nicely done. I hope it's not the ending soon! Let's see some fluffy awkwardness, please!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I mean, it didn't really seem like much yelling to me, but if they did happen to overhear, I believe the correct reaction would be sekihan.

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 2:54PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Broken hearts are everywhere. Ain't that the truth.

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Well well well the fluff is coming

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

For some reason I'm not satisfied...but eh at least they're happy now (?)

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 3:16PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Parents don't exist unless specifically required for a scene or two.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Parents don't exist unless specifically required for a scene or two.

Like Touko's dad in kimi ni naru, who was essentially there to give Yuu a knowing look as he exited the door in that one key scene :-P Ditto her mom really, leaving the house at that one moment was by far their biggest contribution.

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 3:40PM

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Where's my goddamn kiss?!?

Ayayayahuasca
370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

ÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA JUST FUCKING KISS ALREADY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

joined Mar 8, 2020

Where's my goddamn kiss?!?

author probably saving that loving couple kiss for that final page of the next and last chapter lol

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 4:43PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.